Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Logan Paulsen out for year/ TE concerns

Darrel2828

Cuz it's been addressed a few times that he's found a way around it

Where has it been addressed?  Because I just re-read this thread and it hasn't been addressed here.  I'm not trying to argue with you and am honestly interested in if there is a way around the rule.  I'm not seeing anything to get around the rule though.

Does anyone know if they officially placed Paulsen on IR? It would seem to me that an injury settlement that is within the union rules would be beneficial to the team and allow the to recoop a small amount of cap space since he was in the last year of a three-year deal and apparently wasn't a lock to make it to the final 3 anyway. You would think there's mot a huge risk of losing out on him in FA next year if they want to bring him back on a new deal. He's a FA next year anyway and it's not as if someone is going to sign an injured 3rd string TE between now and then.

You would think there's mot a huge risk of losing out on him in FA next year if they want to bring him back on a new deal. He's a FA next year anyway and it's not as if someone is going to sign an injured 3rd string TE between now and then.

I'm sure he would land somewhere.

kyleshanahan.jpg

from a tweet in the hap/swfl/et al tour de force

http://was.247sports.com/Bolt/Newest-Redskin-brings-big-value-38948540

Newest Redskin brings big value

The newest Washington Redskin, tight end Derek Carrier is already No. 2 on the depth chart. Jay Gruden and Co. are fast tracking Carrier to be ready for the season.

The former San Francisco 49er is embracing the challenge.

“Being in this position in the NFL, you have to make the most out of opportunities,” Carrier told reporters after practice. “Every chance you’re given you just got to go seize it. I consider myself an all-around tight end. I do a little bit of both blocking and receiving. But from my background, being a wide receiver in college and my first year in the NFL, receiving would probably be my strength.”

After being signed by the Philadelphia Eagles as an undrafted free agent out of Beloit College, Carrier played the last two seasons with the 49ers.

Head coach Jay Gruden likes what he saw of Carrier on film.

“Well, they were loaded at tight end in San Fran,” said Gruden. “We watched him on tape and he’s very good. He’s a converted wide receiver, a basketball player. He’s put on some weight. He looks like he competes in the running game, which is excellent, but he’s obviously very athletic.

“I think it’s a good young prospect to work with. I wish we would have had him a little earlier but we’ll get him going. We still have a couple weeks left to get him going and see if he’ll be ready for Miami, but we’re excited about the prospect of him coming in and competing right away.”

While the end game is readying Carrier for the opener against the Miami Dolphins, the newly acquired tight end is hoping to see some action on Saturday night against the Baltimore Ravens.

“I have all intentions of playing,” Carrier said. “We’ll see what happens.”

I love the confidence and the "I'm gonna work" attitude.

But I keep going back to him playing in 16 NFL games, (11 last year), and having 9 catches, 1 run, and 1 fumble.

Really really hope he's better than those stats. Cause I've thought for years that one of the things this team seriously needs is what I think of as "dumpoff guy". Somebody the QB can get rid of the ball to, quickly.

If the guy can turn into Cooley, he'll be the best offseason move we've made, in years. 

From the twitter thread:

Tarik El-Bashir ‏@TarikCSN 21m21 minutes ago
As I mentioned yesterday, new #Redskins TE Derek Carrier will play tonight.

I'm really torn between trying to think of this guy as our savior, and "He's played in 16 games, (in 3 years in the NFL), and touched the ball 10 times.  (And fumbled once)".

Really would like to see him, tonight.  (Probably won't be able to tell much, on the crummy NFL video stream.) 

I love the confidence and the "I'm gonna work" attitude.

But I keep going back to him playing in 16 NFL games, (11 last year), and having 9 catches, 1 run, and 1 fumble.

Really really hope he's better than those stats. Cause I've thought for years that one of the things this team seriously needs is what I think of as "dumpoff guy". Somebody the QB can get rid of the ball to, quickly.

If the guy can turn into Cooley, he'll be the best offseason move we've made, in years. 

You mean a two time Pro Bowler? ;)

I think expecting any production out of the TE position this year is a lost cause.  At this point I'm hoping for some solid blockers and for Jordan Reed to somehow stay healthy.  

Archived