Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Tech/IT Thread

Gamebreaker

Yeah, I'm not sure why I read it as wanting to wipe the data off. :shrug

Because that's more fun.

Haha!

I'll keep the BAM in mind. .50 Cal sounds like fun too, albeit more expensive.

Data can still be recovered from broken shards. You wouldn't want that, would you?

Edited by PokerPacker

You'd have to reassemble them, but you make a good point.

Wipe it with a BAM and then shoot it with armor piercing .50 Cal. That should do the trick.

How about you shoot it with a .50 Cal and have the BAM catch all the shrapnel and then drop it all into a blender and make a Data Smoothie.

I hope this is the right thread. I'm using a Samsung tab 4, and i can't seem to post tweets or pics on ES. I can't even add a pic in my sig here. When i click on advanced posting options, there isn't a place for me to paste a link in the quote feature. I'm literally stuck to just pasting a link to a tweet instead of the tweet itself, like i used to be able to do. Trying to put a pic in my sig has been a disaster. I've been trying all day without any luck.

Is this a tablet thing, because on my old laptop i never had these issues? Any help would be appreciated!

I'll tell you that none of the post editing tools show up on my iPad. (There's nothing between this text box I'm typing in, and "Reply to this topic").

I assume it's because those tools are in Java, or some such, and my iPad doesn't have (whatever it is).

ES TAC...Gotta love it.

Juniper MX2020? Hahaha...good for PlayStation 2. You need to upgrade to a CRS3 at 322 Tbps for real video play!

I laugh at the storage guys at work...trying to calculate how much bandwidth they need to back up 60TB of data, trans-atlantic, over a weekend...just for a single app!

The more that things change...

Edited by RedBeast
  • Like 1

I'll tell you that none of the post editing tools show up on my iPad. (There's nothing between this text box I'm typing in, and "Reply to this topic").

I assume it's because those tools are in Java, or some such, and my iPad doesn't have (whatever it is).

I think that's what my problem is too. Is there any way to download it on an Android device?

Anyone try the IP Board app?  Tablets are really meant to run Apps, not browsers.

Really been looking for alternate software for my iPad. I mean, last few upgrades, it's been slower than the Redskins special teams, and buggier than Kirk Cousins passing.

I mean, I learned a long time ago to never upgrade a Microsoft OS. (Unless you buy a new computer, to run it). But I didn't expect the same thing to happen, letting Apple install things.

I mean, I learned a long time ago to never upgrade a Microsoft OS. (Unless you buy a new computer, to run it). But I didn't expect the same thing to happen, letting Apple install things.

I learned a short time ago, never let Apple update my computer until it's aged like a fine wine.  Yosemite was a pain in the ass for me because of the WiFi issue.

its a comcast account that downloads all my mail into apple mail. I have about 22K emails i want to bring over to gmail. i can't manage to get anything besides moving new emails

So really you need to put in your Comcast account settings into your new phone (new phone right?). I assume it should pull emails from comcast.

Looks like Comcast uses pop3 servers.

Incoming: mail.comcast.net

Outgoing: smtp.comcast.net

Port - 25, 465 or 587

Is that what you're looking for?

So really you need to put in your Comcast account settings into your new phone (new phone right?). I assume it should pull emails from comcast.

Looks like Comcast uses pop3 servers.

Incoming: mail.comcast.net

Outgoing: smtp.comcast.net

Port - 25, 465 or 587

Is that what you're looking for?

well i know how to do that.  how do i move the mailbox into my gmail account? I want to close my comcast account i have no idea how to move the old emails to my gmail account so i can access it anywhere?

I've been told that a blend of powdered iron oxide, and aluminum, will do the trick.  (Although it's really hard to light.) 

You can light it with magnesium ribbon available online.

(Not that we did this behind my friend's house to see if it would burn through a beer bottle or anything.)  :ph34r: