Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HNGN: Planned Parenthood's Top Doctor Caught On Video Discussing The Sale Of Aborted Fetus Body Parts

Zguy28

No.  I don't feel the right to decide at all.  

I prefer to let the woman who's body it is make the difficult decision.  

not her body being killed, or so says the DNA

I wish ya'll were that liberal in self defense shooting

if we used the usual govt test of the results it would be discriminatory and targeting minorities by PP.

or do results only matter in other matters?

which would be relevant...  if planned parenthood was targeting patients and/or abducting them off of the street.   

planned parent is demand driven.   the procedures performed are demanded by their clients, not imposed on them.  

(as opposed to ...say... police profiling, as you are coyly referring to ...)

which would be relevant...  if planned parenthood was targeting patients and/or abducting them off of the street.   

planned parent is demand driven.   the procedures performed are demanded by their clients, not imposed on them.  

(as opposed to ...say... police profiling, as you are coyly referring to ...)

actually I was thinking of lending and housing and such....which are clearly demand driven.

of course ya have to believe the loss of minority lives is a loss for it to compute.

give me disparate impact for a 1k Alex. 

This is utter nonsense, and is beneath you ZGuy.   Margaret Sanger has been dead for half a century.  

What's more, her primary issue her entire life was access to contraception and the birth control pill, not abortion.  She was trying to reduce the need for abortions because, as a nurse, she had seen many patients die from botched back-alley abortions.  She was a member of the eugenics movement, but there always was much more to her motivations than eugenics (as an aside, in the 1920s and 30s, there were MANY Americans who supported eugenics).    It is recent revisionism by the anti-abortion community that has obscured her activities and her motivations.  

You're right, it was beneath me. Apologies.

Prominent Pastor Reacts to Planned Parenthood’s Claim That It Is Falling Victim to ‘Harassment by Extremists’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/08/24/prominent-pastors-powerful-prayer-during-massive-planned-parenthood-protest-killing-children-is-not-an-acceptable-solution/

Prominent theologian John Piper was among the scores of people who assembled outside of Planned Parenthood clinics across the nation on Saturday to protest amid the ongoing release of undercover footage purporting to show the organization selling tissue from aborted fetuses.

Following the protest, Piper penned a blog post detailing his reaction to the gathering. It included a reflection to Planned Parenthood’s ongoing public reaction to the protests. The pastor cited the following response from the organization:

The more we learn about this, the clearer it is that it’s part of a much bigger pattern of harassment by extremists whose real goal is to ban abortion and defund Planned Parenthood. The people behind this attack will stop at nothing in their quest — including breaking the law themselves and willfully misrepresenting the facts to the public. The protesters here today are simply an extension of that effort.

Then, Piper flatly pushed back against these claims.

“No. There were just too many strollers and baby-packs for me to think that group was made up of ‘extremists’ ready to break the law,” he said. “But yes, the goal is to eliminate child-killing and defund Planned Parenthood.”

Rest at link.

Court Removes Injunction on Planned Parenthood Video, New Video Immediately Released

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/court-removes-injunction-center-medical-progress-immediately-releases-8th-shocking-planned-parenthood-video

This latest video is only two minutes long and is more of a trailer of things to come. Most of its content was made up of bits and pieces of previous videos. The one new section featured Cate Dyer, the CEO of StemExpress in a lunch meeting with undercover operatives posing as representatives of a biotech firm. Dyer is seen laughing about how StemExpress purchases fully intact aborted babies from Planned Parenthood. As she paid the check, Dyer appears to be laughing about how lab recipients of the aborted babies go into shock when they open a box to find an "intact case" (whole body):

“Oh, yeah, if you have
intact cases, which we’ve done a lot
, we sometimes ship those back to our lab in its entirety."

“Tell the lab it’s coming;
they’ll open the box and go, ‘Oh, my God!”

Rest at link.

This is regarding the 8th video.

Undercover Planned Parenthood Videos Were Altered, Analysis Finds

WASHINGTON — Planned Parenthood on Thursday gave congressional leaders and a committee that is investigating allegations of criminality at its clinics an analysis it commissioned concluding that “manipulation” of undercover videos by abortion opponents make those recordings unreliable for any official inquiry.

“A thorough review of these videos in consultation with qualified experts found that they do not present a complete or accurate record of the events they purport to depict,” said the analysis of a private research company.

Cecile Richards, the president of Planned Parenthood, underscored that message in a cover letter to the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, and House Speaker John A. Boehner, both Republicans, and to Senator Harry Reid and Representative Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic leaders.

With Mr. Boehner’s urging, Republicans on the House Energy and Commerce Committee in July opened an investigation of Planned Parenthood after the Center for Medical Progress, an anti-abortion group, began posting online secretly recorded videos that the center claims show Planned Parenthood affiliates illegally profit from selling tissue from aborted fetuses to researchers and, in some late-term abortions, prevent a possible live birth.

Planned Parenthood denies the charges, and says that the videos were deceptively and misleadingly edited.

The analysis was by Fusion GPS, a Washington-based research and corporate intelligence company, and its co-founder Glenn Simpson, a former investigative reporter for The Wall Street Journal.

The videos, recorded by two activists posing as representatives of a biotechnology firm procuring tissue for researchers and universities, continue to be released online about once a week. One of the activists, David Daleiden of California, told The New York Times last month that his “thousands of hours of videotape” was enough to release videos into the fall. That will coincide with Congress’s final budget debate, and the videos have stoked growing Republican threats of a government shutdown unless Planned Parenthood is stripped of about $500 million it gets annually, mostly to care for low-income Medicaid patients. By law, public funds cannot pay for abortions.

The analysis commissioned by Planned Parenthood cover the first four videos and transcripts from the Center for Medical Progress, which were recorded in California, Colorado and Texas. Several have been released since with footage repeated from earlier videos, though the most recent ones focus not on Planned Parenthood but on a company, StemExpress, that procures fetal and human tissue globally for research.

The reviewers looked at both shorter, edited videos that are about eight minutes to 15 minutes long and what Mr. Daleiden said were full-length recordings, some more than two hours long, that he released simultaneously.

A transcription service was hired to transcribe the videos, without being told that Planned Parenthood was the client, to compare with transcripts publicized by the anti-abortion group. That comparison, the analysis said, showed “substantive omissions” from the group’s version. Mr. Simpson was assisted in the analysis by several others including a video forensics expert, Grant Fredericks, and a television producer, Scott Goldie.

According to the investigation, the reviewers could not determine “the extent to which C.M.P.s undisclosed edits and cuts distort the meaning of the encounters the videos purport to document.”

But, it said, “the manipulation of the videos does mean they have no evidentiary value in a legal context and cannot be relied upon for any official inquiries” unless C.M.P. provides investigators with its original material, and that material is independently authenticated as unaltered.

More from the link.

Planned Parenthood on Thursday gave congressional leaders and a committee that is investigating allegations of criminality at its clinics an analysis it commissioned concluding that “manipulation” of undercover videos by abortion opponents make those recordings unreliable for any official inquiry.

But they're just peachy for generating outrage among people who already wanted to attack them. 

fixed

:P

I know, its so hard to believe that a group that exist solely to stop the types of activities that Planned Parenthood engages in, who spent 30 months setting up an elaborate lie in order to collect the 100+ hours of source video, and who has had exclusive assess to the source video at all times, would do such a thing.

I know, its so hard to believe that a group that exist solely to stop the types of activities that Planned Parenthood engages in, who spent 30 months setting up an elaborate lie in order to collect the 100+ hours of source video, and who has had exclusive assess to the source video at all times, would do such a thing.

Awww, come on. What did you expect the group they hired to say?

Do you honestly believe that the videos aren't altered?

I think they are altered if that means they are cut to make PP look as insensitive as possible.

But I don't know that they are altered in the sense that the people in the video didn't say what they said.

I was under the impression the first full video was released. What did we learn from that?

Awww, come on. What did you expect the group they hired to say?

Well, I expected them to say it was altered, because I thought it was pretty obvious that the group that released it had no compunction about altering it.  That being said, the company they hired KNOWS that their analysis is going to be scrutinized BY CONGRESS and almost certainly other experts hired by the anti-choice side.  If they just made up the analysis, they are going to get in trouble for LYING TO CONGRESS.

I was under the impression the first full video was released. What did we learn from that?

I thought we learned that the vidoe was heavily edited to take things out of context to make them sound as bad as possible.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/fertility-clinics-destroy-embryos-all-the-time-why-arent-conservatives-after-them/2015/08/13/be06e852-4128-11e5-8e7d-9c033e6745d8_story.html

(indeed, the full, unedited version of the videothat sparked recent Republican outrage provides evidence that Planned Parenthood does not profit from giving women this choice).

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/07/unspinning-the-planned-parenthood-video/

At one point in the unedited video (which was also released by the group), Nucatola says: “Affiliates are not looking to make money by doing this. They’re looking to serve their patients and just make it not impact their bottom line.”

Nucatola also says, “No one’s going to see this as a money making thing.” And at another point, she says, “Our goal, like I said, is to give patients the option without impacting our bottom line. The messaging is this should not be seen as a new revenue stream, because that’s not what it is.”

Why not?

you prefer brain activity?....same time span

Ability to be an independently metabolize and maintain homeostasis as an organism makes sense as a biological marker for "human life" for me. That would be around 6 months plus. Practically they will need care for a while, even if they were born after 9 month, but at least they are biologically capable of self sustaining to a certain degree.. at least they'd have some potential to do so anyways. 

Curious, a lot of spontaneous abortions can occur because of bad preconception maternal nutrition... under the neoconservative thought process, would that be grounds for negligent manslaughter? 

I thought we learned that the vidoe was heavily edited to take things out of context to make them sound as bad as possible.

i dont disagree with this at all (i told larry precisely the same thing above :) )

i just dont know how many people are caught up in the profiting part of it. 

when i read, all day and every day, that the videos are heavily edited, i'm waiting for something a little more than that.otherwise, i recognize its yet another yahoo-type headline designed to make you think something before youve actually read it.

but, to be fair, my BS detector goes off equally on conservatives as well as liberals. they are all lying  distorting the truth when their lips are moving. i only laugh when true believers think this is exclusive to one side.

Archived