Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 NCAA March Madness

AsburySkinsFan

Someone help me. In the Nova - NC State game, after NC State turned it over, Nova was down 2 and missed a 3. It seemed like every game I watched, when a team went for a 3 late, whether it was to tie or take the lead, they missed. The exception being Georgia St, as they hit a 3. But if my memory is correct, every team that tried a 3 missed. A few teams, took the quick 2 and fouled, and ended up tying the game. Cincinnati and NC State come to mind in their first round games. Cincy went to OT, and NC State eventually won when LSU couldn't make foul shots.

The point of this ramble is to wonder why more teams don't extend the game by taking the quick 2 or easier shot and then foul. If you are down 3, you get 2, you put the pressure back on the other team. Even if they make both shots, you are back to where you were. And if it's the final seconds, you can still take your 3.

What...the...****?!?!

Georgetown losing to lower-ranked team? And it's to a school that hasn't been to the Sweet 16 in like 300 years. No ****ing way. Just stop, a joke needs some reality to it to make it funny. That scenario is just dumb. Georgetown would never do that. Duh.

I might be the only guy in the area that roots against most of the local teams. Rooting for Utah over Georgetown

Me too, mostly because somehow the committee thought they were a more deserving 4 seed than UMD.

Big East is over-rated joke league.  Nice to see the actual games bear this out.

Next to go - Duke - they are so lucky that UMD not in their bracket to knock them out.

You must have a different bracket than me. Mine clearly shows that Maryland will knock Duke out.

You have MD in the final against Duke?

Me too, mostly because somehow the committee thought they were a more deserving 4 seed than UMD.

Big East is over-rated joke league. Nice to see the actual games bear this out.

Next to go - Duke - they are so lucky that UMD not in their bracket to knock them out.

Yeah, I don't thik Duke is quivering in their boots with the prospect of playing MD.

And the next top seed to go out willbe Gonzaga. Because, like Georgetwon and Villanova, they never up to their seed.

I didn't take the bracket thing very seriously this year. I think this is the least I have ever cared about that since I first did one. I'm just happy the Terps are back in it, and wanted to watch the tourney without thinking about that. The reason I picked UVA is because I thought they deserved the 1 over Duke. I don't know how to say it really, but I also think they have gradually progressed over the years, as a team, to do better than people expect them to. Their progression since Tony Bennett took over sort of reminds me of the 2001/2002 Terps. That's about as deep as I went. Just a pure guess and a hunch. I wouldn't be shocked if UVA lost tomorrow.

Archived