Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 NCAA March Madness

AsburySkinsFan

Nobody wanted to see controversial foul calls last night. especially at the end of the game with the outcome in the balance. There are always bad calls/no calls in games. That one was obvious to most people watching.  Here's the head of NCAA officials explaining what happened on that tipped ball out of bounds play. He saw it, but decided it wasn't his place to call the refs back to review it again, with an angle that they didn't originally see, "if you can believe that".

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/04/ncaa_officials_chief_duke-wisc.html

It seems to me like I've heard this before. Why do these review procedures not have the same access to the super duper high def slow mo shots that we see?

Is anyone even remembering how many shots were missed by Duke? Straight up, lay-ups were missed. Jump shots were missed.

Just think of what the score could've been if those had been made, questionable calls or not. :o

Both teams missed a bunch of chip shots.  It would be interesting if someone got the shot charts to see if there was a big difference. From my memory there wasn't.

Every game has bad calls go both ways. If you have a particular rooting interest, you're going to see the ones that go against you in a more magnified way. Duke had their share of bad calls go against them. So did Wisconsin. Whining about it after the game, whether you are a Wisconsin fan, a UNC fan, a Maryland fan, or even Bo Ryan, is pretty poor form. 

PS- didn't Maryland willfully leave behind their old rivalries when they left the ACC? Apparently the fans aren't over it. haha 

Yes, bad calls go both ways.  I think overall, this was a very evenly called game. I'm a MD fan and I won't say I whined about the calls, but, I did point out that they missed the out of bounds call and it seemed that K influenced the 2nd half. I wish that some of the calls hadn't been made because all in all it was a good game from start to finish. No one blew out the other and it was back and forth.

Yes, MD willfully left behind the "ACC," but when you've been rooting against those same teams for 35+ years, old habits die hard and you can't change it all in one year.  I'm hoping that one day, we will form new rivalries in our new league and Duke/UNC/UVA etc., will be inconsequential to us, as it should be going to a new conference.

Don't worry.  Give them a couple of years and they will hate Bo Ryan just as much as Duke.   :)

We just stole Diamond Stone from him, so he's been spanked twice in the last week.  Their fanbase has already started the insults to MD and Diamond after he spurned them.  It's on now, much like Penn State in football when they called us insignificant before we beat them.

I can't put it on the refs, early missed free throws, easy missed layups, really poor shot selection all game and Kaminsky looked real tired with about 10 minutes left. Plus Allen and Jones were money last night for Duke. My bias says you are wrong about Bo, but I live there. I would most likely had been pulling for Duke if they weren't going against Wisconsin and I find it hard to not like Coach K. Again grats Duke fans!

I didn't watch **** last night and I don't give a ****, but a begrudging congrats to Duke for doing it all. Didn't they they'd do it. 

Now it's time to forget about this abomination and focus on baseball.

Thanks, but keep this to yourself, don't tell a soul...

Baseball has been an abomination since we lost Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, etc. LOL

From what I hear, we're gonna lose 100 games this year.

How the mighty have fallen.

Mighty? You won like 1 WS during that 20 year run. 

What is it called when a team always makes the playoffs and never wins?

Braves baseball.

;)

Props to Dook and Coach K.

May he never have another winning season as long as I live.

Oh, I know, I was never happy that we could never close any more of those division championships out, trust me! Especially when sooooooooooooooo many of them were consecutive! :P 

Now, now...no need for hate & jealousy...and thanks. ;)

Interesting how the shoe must feel on the other foot.....

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Ryan-furious-with-refs-after-Wisconsin-loss-36652759

It's not like saying "I told you so" will mean anything at all, but we here all knew that the university from North Carolina would receive the balance of the favoritism by the referees which would cause the university from North Carolina to win the championship.

That 5th championship title comes with a giant asterisk.

I've been reading it all day. Coach Krzyzewski had a very classy response to the "rent-a-player" comment, unlike the comment itself, or the person who said it. His seniors lost to freshmen. Sour grapes.

If a team can't capitalize on an opponent's weaknesses, and can't hit its free throws, it will lose.

We did, and we did. And we won.

I was going to leave Koenig's tweets alone, but when, as a team you miss 4 of 16 in the stretch. How you going to complain about And 1s?

When they turn the tide of the game for a second time in three days. Oh I know you don't like it when we complain about officiating because you all favor the ACC and the university from North Carolina. All of the Wisconsin faithful said we were just sour after losing until they suffered the same fate at the hands of suddenly blind refs in the last 2 minutes of the game the same way we did.

Go ahead and laugh, who cares, most of you don't like the university from North Carolina anymore than any of us do, you just love to see UK fall, and that's fine because we'll be back kicking your butts next year just like always.

Until then you'll praise Coach K for his young team while criticizing Coach Cal for doing the same exact thing.

Your hypocrisy is as thick as peanut butter.

He's pulling arguments out of the air that I never made. I've NEVER praised Duke for having freshmen this year much less criticize another team—because it's old news. We've had teams of frosh stars since 1991 (Fab 5). It's nothing new. Get over it. 

I actually think UK gets a lot less hate and I think MOST people, at least on this thread, wanted UK to pull it off. No one was really rooting for Wisky and Gheorge Muresan's **** child all that strongly in the semis. 

Archived