Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Ndamukong Suh to sign with Fins

HTTR21

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12444126/ndamukong-suh-sign-6-year-114-million-deal-miami-dolphins

Barring a breakdown in formal contract negotiations, Ndamukong Suh will sign with the Miami Dolphins after the new league year begins Tuesday for a deal that will pay him approximately $114 million with $60 million in guaranteed money, league sources told ESPN.

Glad it wasn't us.

+1

He's a great player even though he does some stupid things on the field from time to time, but he's the type of guy you sign if you're a piece or two away from contending for a title. Miami isn't close enough for this to make sense, but I don't care about their mistakes.

$60 million? And that's just the guaranteed money?

How long's the deal, five years? Six?

I mean, the guy's a force, but still.

Put me on the +1 "Glad it's not us" list.

(Although I suppose there a chance he might be worth it. But it's not the way I'd bet).

$60 million? And that's just the guaranteed money?

How long's the deal, five years? Six?

I mean, the guy's a force, but still.

Put me on the +1 "Glad it's not us" list.

(Although I suppose there a chance he might be worth it. But it's not the way I'd bet).

It's 6 year, so 19 mil per. Which is nearly 1/7 of what a 53 man roster costs. If Tannehill has a breakout year, they will be so top-heavy it won't be funny.

Bad contract. I wonder if there is a stipulation where the dolphins get out of the deal if he is suspended. That should be a major concern.

So what happens if they tannehill plays well and they decide to give him a nice contract (as in next year)? They'd be screwed I would think.

NFL.com's Albert Breer reports the Lions offered free agent Ndamukong Suh $17 million per year, and $58 million guaranteed.

They're numbers confirmed by ESPN, with the Lions' official in-house reporter seeming to take them as fact, as well. Suh's reported Dolphins deal is for $19 million per year, and includes $60 million guaranteed. The offers are close enough that it can be taken as a sign that Suh really wanted to get out of Detroit. Mar 8 - 2:14 PM

Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

NFL.com's Albert Breer reports the Lions offered free agent Ndamukong Suh $17 million per year, and $58 million guaranteed.
They're numbers confirmed by ESPN, with the Lions' official in-house reporter seeming to take them as fact, as well. Suh's reported Dolphins deal is for $19 million per year, and includes $60 million guaranteed. The offers are close enough that it can be taken as a sign that Suh really wanted to get out of Detroit. Mar 8 - 2:14 PM
Source: Albert Breer on Twitter

"Hmmm.  So, y'all are offering me a pay raise of $2M a year, and an additional $2M guaranteed.  But, I have to move from Detroit to Miami." 

"Let me think about it." 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived