Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

visiting DC during spring break to party? should I come week after?

tapstaks2000

Visiting my friend in Maryland and we're gonna be partying/clubbing the whole time and was wondering whether its better to come during spring break or week after. Will the parties be emptier because all the students left to go to warmer areas.

Edit:no choice but to go to DC cause will be seeing family too. Which week should I go?

So you are visiting your friend and want to party but visit family ?

Supposing they live in the DMV...why wouldn't you simply ask them ?

Easy solution.

DC has clubs and bars like any other major city. DC is not however a Spring Break destination, with wild crazy parties and drunken absurdness.

Unless it is the 4th, St. Patty's Day, or New Years eve. So many colleges in DC...people go home to see family (socializing with alcohol), or they go to the beach (craziness with alcohol).

Are you over 21? 

If so, you can have a great time bar-hopping/clubbing in DC.  Won't matter if students are around or not, there will always be something popping. 

If you're under 21 and trying to do the same, but on/around a college campus, the **** will be dead bro. 

For Spring Break destinations, DC is probably a notch above Afghanistan. 

Artest, I disagree. The college money spent at clubs is by far the most in DC. There may indeed be a couple of spots...but a weeks worth ? Get out of here.

I used to live right on GW campus basically ( 20th and F). The Mall was steps away and obviously the White House. Spring break hit...spots were dead in Georgetown, Downtown, Bethesda, Chevy Chase, even in SW.

Might have to go to B'More to find some spots...then there is that driving aspect of things.

Artest, I disagree. The college money spent at clubs is by far the most in DC. There may indeed be a couple of spots...but a weeks worth ? Get out of here.

I used to live right on GW campus basically ( 20th and F). The Mall was steps away and obviously the White House. Spring break hit...spots were dead in Georgetown, Downtown, Bethesda, Chevy Chase, even in SW.

Might have to go to B'More to find some spots...then there is that driving aspect of things.

Kosher - I was talking about DC nightlife being void of college students over SB.  You'll still have a lot of DMV RESIDENTS out and about, but there won't be the college crowd for a week or two.  The city is really different when schools dismiss for Spring Break. 

True, but I think he is thinking Rock star partying.

Some video type of stuff.

Hell, half of the DMV is somewhere else than the Metro area that week too. We never stayed home for spring break. Miami, NYC, VA Beach, Dover, etc.

LOL....

If that's what he's after, good luck.  Especially being in DC over SB.  HAHAHAHA. 

Honestly, his best bet might just be to go up to NYC for a night. 

I'm a GW alumni. The nightlife is not extinct during spring break because yuppies don't go anywhere for the most part. Unless you are going partying at Foggy Bottom but you don't wanna do that even during school time.

Head to U Street, Adams Morgan or DuPont. Clarendon in Arlington will be okay as well but it's starting to attract a really trashy crowd. The male to female ratio is quite awful in Arlington nightlife these days.

Foggy Bottom is indeed lame most nights.

Aside, from Brick Skeller, I would rarely hang in that area. Maybe going out to eat or for a drink or two with dinner in the triangle or go to The Improv, or the pool hall ( Don't think that is there anymore).  

Great point about the Adams Morgan area. DuPont is only okay during Spring Break, nothing special. Mostly locals that are not interested in partying with Spring Breakers.

who goes to Georgetown to party tho? And its right by GTOwn and GWU so it makes sense for it to be a party college place.

Bethesda and Chevy Chase? People party in those areas?

I won't even address the Southwest comment. No one goes to SouthWest, and thats all.

DC is city a with great nightlife that college students can attend. Its not dependent on college students at all. This is probably the first time I have ever heard someone say this, lol.

who goes to Georgetown to party tho? And its right by GTOwn and GWU so it makes sense for it to be a party college place.

Bethesda and Chevy Chase? People party in those areas?

I won't even address the Southwest comment. No one goes to SouthWest, and thats all.

DC is city a with great nightlife that college students can attend. Its not dependent on college students at all. This is probably the first time I have ever heard someone say this, lol.

G'Town is not a part spot and and has not been since I was a kid. But plenty of bars and stuff.

Bethesda, CC, you would be surprised.

SW...You just don't know.

Great night life indeed, not a great party night life.

I do know... It's dead. It's really dead now that they're redoing the wharf. Unless you want to get shot or robbed, I suggest staying away from SW during non-National Stadium events lol. 

Considering that I am 20 years or so older than you...and you live there. I guess you would be more up to speed on that one.

When I was a kid we would hit up clubs and strip joints over there that were cheaper and have a blast.

Then again, I went to Go-gos at catholic schools, skating rinks, and bowling alleys. haha.

Considering that I am 20 years or so older than you...and you live there. I guess you would be more up to speed on that one.

When I was a kid we would hit up clubs and strip joints over there that were cheaper and have a blast.

Then again, I went to Go-gos at catholic schools, skating rinks, and bowling alleys. haha.

Yeah, all the clubs in the area are gone. (Nation, Club 55, Tracks, H20, etc.) I think it's slowly going to become the go-to spot in DC. They are going to put a lot of money in that area. 

Archived