Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

visiting DC during spring break to party? should I come week after?

tapstaks2000

what does downhill mean?   not cool anymore?  or dangerous?

dangerous and seedy, not worth going out there.

i haven't been to adams morgan in a while. so it's not my opinion, it's the opinion others that used to go there have shared with me.

it wasn't that long ago, a month or so... i suggested to some friends we meet up there, and the response was "uh, no. that place sucks now"

Who remembers club Dream?  LOLOLOLOL

I think the first 18+ club I ever went to was a place called The Bank.

Dream/Love was like Disney world to me as a kid.

I went back there a few years ago to do some work during hte day. It was sad how that place had fallen off.

2k9, H2O, Insomnia, Station 9, and so forth.

dangerous and seedy, not worth going out there.

i haven't been to adams morgan in a while. so it's not my opinion, it's the opinion others that used to go there have shared with me.

it wasn't that long ago, a month or so... i suggested to some friends we meet up there, and the response was "uh, no. that place sucks now"

dont remember Adams Morgan not being sketchy, tbh.

And I been in DC nightlife for over a decade. Its actually more cleaner now than it used to be, but its never been the go-to spot for me unless I wanted to see college kids fight each other.

Dream/Love was like Disney world to me as a kid.

I went back there a few years ago to do some work during hte day. It was sad how that place had fallen off.

2k9, H2O, Insomnia, Station 9, and so forth.

dont remember Adams Morgan not being sketchy, tbh.

And I been in DC nightlife for over a decade. Its actually more cleaner now than it used to be, but its never been the go-to spot for me unless I wanted to see college kids fight each other.

Dream, to me, seemed like they never recovered after that underage girl (who had been drinking) ended up hitting/killing a cop with her car after she partied there. 

Dream, H20, Cafe Asia (LOL), etc.....were the spots back in the day. 

Dream, to me, seemed like they never recovered after that underage girl (who had been drinking) ended up hitting/killing a cop with her car after she partied there. 

Dream, H20, Cafe Asia (LOL), etc.....were the spots back in the day.

nah, it recovered when they changed to Love.

They had some epic events there, like that Barack Obama Inauguration party when JayZ, Jeezy, Akon, etc were there.

Love fell off when Marc Barnes was forced to sell the club over his tax issues. That place never recovered after that.

Cafe Asia is still open. A lot of the Wizards have parties there.

Eden as well. Ozios is pretty cool also (for day parties).

I do the day parties now tho

A few of the super clubs are still open, but the scene has changed to more lounges now and smaller club venues

Put me down for the "Adams Morgan has always been a tad dangerous" vote. That's part of what made it cool. You would see Capitol Hill staffers in suits walking past dudes sitting on trunks that under no circumstances did you want opened.

yeah ..adams morgan today is certainly not particularly dangerous compared to the DC model i am used to (the 80s/90s DC).   The area around Trax was DANGEROUS!   

Last summer I had dinner on a friday night in woodley park with my 8, 10 and 11 year old daughters ... and we wandered up to Adams Morgan to people watch and get some cocoa .... I can't see doing the same near Trax or 14th street in the 80s :)  

yeah ..adams morgan today is certainly not particularly dangerous compared to the DC model i am used to (the 80s/90s DC).   The area around Trax was DANGEROUS!   

Last summer I had dinner on a friday night in woodley park with my 8, 10 and 11 year old daughters ... and we wandered up to Adams Morgan to people watch and get some cocoa .... I can't see doing the same near Trax or 14th street in the 80s :)

I got to DC right as gentrification was taking off. So I don't know what Adams Morgan was like when olds like you were hanging out there. I'm just pointing out that it was safer than, say, Logan Circle in '99 (Logan Circle is now completely gentrified from what I can tell) but less so than Georgetown.

There was a chance you could be mugged there as opposed to a certainty.

Lol I just care if the good clubs will be empty or not

Another question for our creepy friend: Are you planning on, like, clubbing on a Wednesday in March?

Because DC is not Manhattan. People go to be at 9:30 on school nights.

If you're looking for young drunk people then may as well try to see if there is a "Drink the District" event going on.  They are usually planned by Living Social I believe.  I personally wouldn't go to one again but they do seem to have a pretty undergrad vibe about them.  That and Shamrockfest are probably the closest DC will be to a true "Spring Break".  I'm not even sure any clubs in DC would be open in DC on a weeknight.

Archived