Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Current 'Skins Depth Charts (O/D) with FA's Removed

KDawg

Shouldn't draft for pure need when they are multiple needs.

However, it doesn't make sense to draft for LT.

Doesn't make a ton of sense to draft WR.

Not when we have so many other areas that could be addressed, need should be weighted but not absolute.

On the same token, doesn't make sense to pass a once a decade talent just because you already have someone there.

You try to draft for the areas in which you have the most need, but while not turning a blind eye to the talent available at that pick

I would move DeAngelo Hall to safety in this chart - it's likely that with the injury (and second setback), he won't be able to play corner anymore. And at his money, he has to start. Not that he's the ideal safety either...

Top 10 picks should be spend on edge rushers, dominant inside d tackles, left and right tackles, phenom WR/CB/LB (which don't exist this year) or a QB.

I'd never take a Guard, Safety, Inside Linebacker, Center, Full Back, Running Back or Tight End in the top 10.

I would move DeAngelo Hall to safety in this chart - it's likely that with the injury (and second setback), he won't be able to play corner anymore. And at his money, he has to start. Not that he's the ideal safety either...

Do you put Dhall at safety or use Dhall, Amerson and Breeland as your three corners with Porter coming in as the dime?   It's not automatic that DHall excels at Safety.

I'd throw the caveat that it doesn't make sense to target a WR1 or a LT ... but we do need depth at WR and OT ... 

Agreed, I think the ONLY position that would make no sense to draft with #5 is LT.  I could see WR, (though I wouldn't advocate it) if that's the BPA by a mile, can't trade down, and then you release/trade Garcon to save on cap.

I also wouldn't draft an OLB if we're in the 3-4. 

Other than that, take the best guy, because there are needs everywhere.  

• 1 month later...

You sure? Cooper is pretty damn talented.

Agree 100% with Dawg.

AC is BPA at #5 assuming KW goes to raiders.  He ranks up there with Green and Jones.  You don't pass on such talent which comes every 10 years.  Need him in Division to go up against Beckham and Bryant.

Skins are in Total re-build mode ... and you start to build a great Defense by first getting great "offensive" players to create TOP capacity.

In this Draft ... all of the defensive players (Beasley, Shelton, Gregory, Ray, Fowler, etc) are "Rapkos" or worse.

...So if Mariota is available at #5, you take him?

He wouldn't be the BPA. QB "value" is inflated due to their position.

Throwing out BPA and depending on the view of Jay/Scott/Bruce about our current QBs I could see a situation where they would pull the trigger if they see him as a potential franchise QB and no longer view the current QBs that way.

Even aside from all that I don't think Oregon's style of offense meshes smoothly with Jay's.

Personally, I would be shocked if we got anything out of DHall this year.  His career in the league is on the precipice, let alone him playing corner.  I can't believe there's another player that's come back from two achilles tears on the same leg.

If we see him at all, it won't be until the second half of the season after they decide to stash him on whatever ****amamie injury list that's suitable.

Personally, I would be shocked if we got anything out of DHall this year.  His career in the league is on the precipice, let alone him playing corner.  I can't believe there's another player that's come back from two achilles tears on the same leg.

If we see him at all, it won't be until the second half of the season after they decide to stash him on whatever ****amamie injury list that's suitable.

I think Jason Peters did...but he is OL not DB

Looking at a couple of 2015 draft rankings, and figuring a BPA plan, here is a list of the guys ranked in the 4-9 overall range at this point. 

Brandon Scherff  Iowa 6'5" 315 ROT
Amari Cooper     Alabama 6'1" 205 WR
Randy Gregory   Nebraska 6'5" 255 DE
Vic Beasley        Clemson 6'3" 235 34OLB
Shane Ray         Missouri 6'3" 245 DE
Landon Collins   Alabama 6'0" 215 SS

Figuring that both of the big QBs go before 5 we should be able to get one of these guys. Outside of the WR I think any one of these guys could fill a hole for us.

I don't follow college football enough to know if any of these guys would be sexy enough that someone would want to give a nice package of picks to move up and get him.

I like the way you're thinking, but you left Kevin White WR from WV off that list.  He's a sleeper for us I think. (Unless he ascends to like pick 3-4.. :/

Honestly, I think we might be able to get the Pocono Punisher back as depth at NT.  Yes he had a fluke injury again, but if he comes back from it strong.....I could be good depth behind Baker.  And you know he'll have a chip on his shoulder.

different look at it ... how they were acquired (initial perceived value) and when.  Number is when they were selected in the draft (which pick).  Bold is a starter from last season.  Italics is a key role player from last season.  * indicates injury issues.  I may have missed some.  Burgundy indicates a Redskins draft pick.

UDFA     Braylon Bell

UDFA     Kenneth Horsley

47           Trent Murphy - OLB

66           Morgan Moses - OT

78           Spencer Long

102         Bashaud Breeland - CB

142         Ryan Grant - WR

UDFA     Jerry Rice, Jr.

UDFA    Silas Redd - RB

UDFA     Colin Lockett

UDFA     Tyler Larson

UDFA     Chase Dixon