Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there a waiting list left?

FedEx Nosebleed

Is there a waiting list left?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. My status on the Redskins waiting list is:

• Waiting 5+ years, and have never received an offer for non-club (general admission) tickets
    • Waiting 2+ years, and no offer for GA tickets
    • Waiting 1+ year, and no offer for GA tickets
    • Waiting <1 year, and no offer for GA tickets
    • I signed up on the list and received an offer for GA tickets in <1 year
    • Other (please explain in comments)

Family legend has it that my father gave up his season ticket after the 1964 season.  A year later, the team hired Otto Graham as the coach and the sellout streak began around that time.  At some point (not sure when), my father put his name on the waitlist.  He came off the list in August 1994.  He had to go to the stadium and pay with cash to get the seats.  He could have gotten lower level seats, but did not take enough cash with him.  This was a pair in section 501(?) at RFK in  my father's name, but my brother and I bought them as my dad had access to other tickets in section 236 (RFK).  The 501 pair eventually became a pair in section 450 at FedEx and we were sitting in front of the couple who sat behind us at RFK.  The 236 tickets became section 124 at FedEx (a HUGE improvement over RFK prior to the installation of the stupid Dream Seats and the even stupider Obstructed view seats).  We were eventually able to get the 124 seats in my father's name (LONG STORY for another time) and he recently transferred them to my brother.

I put my name on the wait list in the fall of 1985 and came off in 1999 (how the heck MTH got on AFTER me and got tickets BEFORE me, I don't know, but the Redskins were the LAST team to computerize their ticket system).  I got a pair in section 452.  I later bought a single in section 451 for my brother to use.  We gave up the pair in 450 around 2000 as we did not need them and nobody wanted to buy them for the season (at the time this felt weird, but I am SO GLAD we got rid of them).  I gave up the single in 451 after 2001 (?).   Around 2004, I got an email from the Redskins noting there was a single available in my row.  I called to see where it was, but it had been sold   The person on the phone, then told me there was a PAIR a couple rows behind me and would I like to buy them (a pair??.....WTF happened to the wait list??)?   I personally did not want them, but contacted my Redskins friends and said if you want these you can have them, but they have to be in my name.  As long as you pay me, I will sell them to you.  If you want them in your name, you will have to marry one of my sisters and I can transfer them to you. One guy responded that he wanted them and I was able to get them.   Around 2008(?), I was upgraded to section 401 and they consolidated my pairs as well.   The guy who had the other pair eventually dropped them, but I have been selling them to another guy under the same arrangement.  The other pair I am splitting with a guy I used to work with.

I am indifferent about renewing for 2015.  If any of the other guys want out, I will probably drop the tickets they are buying.

I don't want to be responsible for a pair.  It is not worth it...too much time, trouble, and money.

In the mid-2000's I put my nephews on the wait list and I believe they all came off in a few years.  One had a pair in section 424(?), but gave them up as he did not like the seats and they were hard to sell.  I advised the others not to buy the tickets as it would be a losing proposition for them as they could not go to many games.  They put up the $100 fee.  I think they were offered section 406 row 15 and declined to purchase them. BTW,  I wonder if they count these people who declined as being on the wait list.

BTW,  I wonder if they count these people who declined as being on the wait list.

I think they do because I think they stay on the list.

I had one coworker come off the list in 2007 after being on it for a long time. He bought them for two years, then stopped. They've called him every year to tell him his name came up on the list... every year he explains he already got tickets for two years, and then quit being a STH.

Another coworker came up around the same time but declined tickets. He got called for every year for like 3 or 4 years before they stopped.

The list isn't a myth in the fact that a list of people that signed up for season tickets at one point or another exists. That list is real. Those names are real. Those people signed up at one point or another.

The list is a myth in the idea that it's a list of people dying to get season tickets ot the redskins. I'm willing to bet majority of the people on the list have already been offered tickets and declined, or were once season ticket holders and gave them up. If there's a serious lag time between signing up now and when you get offered, I'm willing to bet it's the result of the process (and maybe the result of agreements with resellers?) more than it's the result of there being high demand for season tickets...

I go to pretty much every game. I sit in the lower level. Almost everyone around me is there because they got them from stub hub, or they "know someone at ESPN", or they work for someone in Snyder's circle and they give their employees tickets to games.  I don't know what it's like elsewhere in the stadium, but these are good seats and the majority of people around us are not season ticket holders...

HOF44 sits right behind me and another person that used to post here sits a few rows behind him. I'm not making this up. In fact, HOF44 was the one that clued me in on what was going on around us... they were all people that new someone at networks, or that worked for the team, or for Mrs. Snyder, or for some department for PG County, or whoever and got tickets for free...

I put my name on the wait list in the fall of 1985 and came off in 1999 (how the heck MTH got on AFTER me and got tickets BEFORE me, I don't know, but the Redskins were the LAST team to computerize their ticket system).  I got a pair in section 452. ..

My mistake.  I didn't get them in 1998.  That doesn't make sense.  I put my name on the list in January 1988 (day after the Doug Williams Superbowl).  They offered them to me for the first time in June 1999.  I could buy four.  I had Clubs at the time, but I coaxed my friend into buying a pair in 435 row 21 IIRC.  In 2000, I sold my club contract and got the second pair in 446 row 1. 

What I remember is I was on the fence about buying them in 2000, so I put it off until late July or early August, not long before the first preseason game.  That's how I was able to get row 1 - Snyder had just installed seats in the row by shoving other seats into an aisle.  I was able to leapfrog over fans who wanted to upgrade who sat in higher rows above me because the seats didn't exist a few weeks earlier. 

I put myself and my two kids on the wait list in the early 90's 

We have received yearly letters from the Skins for tickets almost every year of the last 10-15 years. I never buy them - don't see any value in them, with such a bad team almost yearly and on the other point that I can order them second hand for far bellow face value for any game I wish to attend. 

This year I went to the Home opener - 4 tickets upper deck - 15 dollars a ticket then then we go the free upgrade to the Club level that game. 

I put myself and my two kids on the wait list in the early 90's 

We have received yearly letters from the Skins for tickets almost every year of the last 10-15 years. I never buy them - don't see any value in them, with such a bad team almost yearly and on the other point that I can order them second hand for far bellow face value for any game I wish to attend. 

This year I went to the Home opener - 4 tickets upper deck - 15 dollars a ticket then then we go the free upgrade to the Club level that game. 

$15 for a ticket that ended up being a club level seat for the home opener. That pretty much sums it up!

My brother and I both signed up for the wait list at a home game in 2006 and got a call saying our numbers came up in 2009. Not sure how it took that long. Fortunately for him, he was moving to Colorado that year so he passed but I, being a complete idiot apparently, purchased four. A year later I went down to two and then the next year got rid of them.

The following year, 2013, I purchased club level seats ($1950 each) with the agreement that after ONE year (not two like I keep hearing) I would move to lower level REDSKINS sideline and unrestricted green parking. They put both of those (Redskins sideline and green parking) in writing and gave me 4 free club tickets to the home opener vs. The Bengals. The next year, as agreed upon, they offered me seats on the Redskins side on the 20 yard line. It's hard to give those up because I wouldn't be able to do that again and end up with four seats together where I am now.

$15 for a ticket that ended up being a club level seat for the home opener. That pretty much sums it up!

My brother and I both signed up for the wait list at a home game in 2006 and got a call saying our numbers came up in 2009. Not sure how it took that long. Fortunately for him, he was moving to Colorado that year so he passed but I, being a complete idiot apparently, purchased four. A year later I went down to two and then the next year got rid of them.

The following year, 2013, I purchased club level seats ($1950 each) with the agreement that after ONE year (not two like I keep hearing) I would move to lower level REDSKINS sideline and unrestricted green parking. They put both of those (Redskins sideline and green parking) in writing and gave me 4 free club tickets to the home opener vs. The Bengals. The next year, as agreed upon, they offered me seats on the Redskins side on the 20 yard line. It's hard to give those up because I wouldn't be able to do that again and end up with four seats together where I am now.

This is the only way I would buy season tickets.  Good play.  You end up with seats with some value, and can sell.  I still don't get why anyone would sit in the upper level.  You can get those tickets for free or for next to nothing.

The wait list is the oldest trick in the book.

It is used to build perceived value of a product.

In other words, "it is hard to come by and there are a lot of other people wanting these...buying this must be a good decision and something valuable I can attain"

FART. On a team that's bottom of the league for the past umpteen years, there is no such thing as a true wait list.

Folks seem upset about the Redskins "claiming" they have a waiting list. I have not seen any advertising by the team that claims they have a large waiting list. Sure they have not come out and said " hey we are desperate and can not fill the stadium" but that would be stupid of them to do.

There is plenty of things to pick on about how the team is run but this is not one of them. It is not BS.

They were touting their wait list not too long ago... as in like 2-4 years ago.

I haven't seen them advertising it much lately, but i believe that's only because so many different places have called them out on it (newspapers, forums, radio, blogs, etc)

I obsessed about this topic for years, so I put my name on the waiting list in about 2009. It took roughly two years, or 20+ months for GA offers to appear in my email, mail, and a few voice messages. To keep everything organized with my experiment, I made sure the ticket offers were for my waiting list account, and not my regular, GA, ST account. This was all documented somewhere in the archives ES. I haven't had any GA offers for at least a year now, but I'll bet they have my contact data mothballed in eligible bin for whenever I'm ready to make that purchase.  

I had season tickets in 423 but got rid of them.  I use to ride the skins bus from the Ashburn Pub.  Good times!  Too bad the skins were awful most of the time.

Anyway, I was on the list and still get calls with offers all the time in the offseason.  I think the list is pure garbage.  prior to me purchasing tickets in the upper deck I was called often for club level seats.  

Archived