Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Post: Michael Vick says playing for Redskins would be dream come true

If you guys are talking about not being fans of a team just because they sign 1 player

You weren't true fans to begin with the exit door is right there nobody is asking you to stay

To me that guy is nothing but total scum.  That is truly the only player I would say what I said about that.  At some point there is a line that should not be crossed, and with that person he went well far past it.  He was never remorseful, just hates he got caught.  The PETA work he did once he got out?  He had no damn choice or he knew not even one team would give him a shot.  Then, once he secured his good deal with the Eagles he started missing appearances and such he was scheduled for.  Yes, he served his time and is free to find employment in the NFL but I can choose whether or not to support a team that in turn supports him.

She still looks fine for a 45 year old. I'm 46 and she'd be perfect for me.

She looks good for 25 IMO.  I think she's one of the more attractive women in entertainment today but different strokes.

Skins have the same problem the Cowboys do.  They look at our owners and see all you can eat Buffet. 

Sign a bad quarterback to coach up RGIII?  What?

Bad quarterbacks are proven pro bowlers?

One thing that gets to me is when fans can't leave their college allegiences....In college.  I mean, I like to see guys from my alma mater do well, but when they play on different NFL teams, but when the Redskins play them, I want to beat them and beat them bad.  Even embarrass them.  My alma mater isn not exactly a football factory (University of Memphis), but when players like Issac Bruce, DeAngelo Williams and Dontari Poe are on other teams, I don't mind seeing them succeed in the NFL, but they need to fail when playing us. I would only want players from my college to play for the Redskins if they can help us win, not because they carry the flag of the place I got my education. That's just not the way NFL fans should think.

I can't argue because I agree. There is plenty of hokies I'm glad we avoided signing throughout the years. Getting the right player is my number 1 priority, one that happens to be from the same alma mater is only icing to the cake.

I see nothing wrong with signing a veteran pro bowler QB as a backup. Franchises othen do this.

Of course that over-the-hill POS would love to play here. Keep that dog murdering scum away from here. Animal cruelty asude, he sucks.

How many more times will we embarass ourselves

**** that.

If there's a way this organization could sink any lower which, (until I opened this thread), didn't think was possible.

Signing Vick would do it..

I see nothing wrong with signing a veteran pro bowler QB as a backup. Franchises othen do this.

Yep, in fact the Jets did it.

And their young mobile QB didn't get any better. in fact, he got sloppy, missed team meetings, got benched, and when time came for the Pro Bowl vet to go in, he dogged it for 47 yards and afterwards admitted that he was unprepared to play, and that he had taken scout team reps for granted.

He said

"I learned a lesson last week: always stay ready, always be prepared," Vick said. "That left a bitter taste in my mouth that I wasn't able to go out and put points on the board or even help this team in any fashion. So this week has been a different work week from me (and) throughout the rest of the year, it's going to be totally different for me as far as my preparation."

So yay, he learned a fundamental lesson of football, to always be ready and prepare like you are going to play every week, and it only took him 12 seasons and a humiliating performance to do it.

(Robert has been criticized for dressing out and taking pre-game warmups in games in which he's been inactivated. Maybe HE could teach Mike.)

You will note that teams who do bring in an experienced vet to mentor typically try to bring in a guy who can actually do that.

The guys who brought Vick in are in worse shape than they were at the start of the year, and they will be firing their coach.

the Redskins want to give Robert what he wants, and Robert wants to be a drop back passer. Vick is not a drop back passer, has never been a drop back passer, and can't teach anyone to BE a drop back passer.

Bringing Vick here would do nothing to help any of the QBs on our roster. It would do one thing and that would be to signal to every other tired ass vet looking to cash in before retiring that the door to the Redskins bank vault is still open and the FO is still stupid enough to sign anyone who has or had a name.

Have we not had enough of Snyder's autograph collecting?

if we were to bring in a vet, which i don't think we need to do, I would take ANY of them over Vick.

I'd take Schaub. I'd take Fitzpatrick, Orton, Cassell, Shaun Hill even.. I'd take any elder backup who might move this year, but i would not take Vick. 

~Bang

Archived