Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Game Day Thread: #Redskins at Iggles

JimmiJo

I'm not saying we go either way, im saying that if we do go with rg3 then Cousins will get ALOT of attention and have very high value.

No doubt he has value (at least in our eyes) but at this point I think he has more value to us than a 2nd or even a 1st round pick.  

I think our FO is going to have some very difficult decisions to make in the future with regard to our QB situation.  We potentially have two quality starting QBs.  Im just no longer convinced one can stay healthy which makes the decision easier in my mind.  Again, Im an RG fan have backed him when playing… But similar to our TE situation, if a player is often hurt and not available what good are they?  And one also has to ask in RGs case, how long before these injuries catch up with him reducing the qualities that make him "special"?

He caught Foles just as he turned around. Foles was not facing him straight up.

Specifically he broke Rule 12, Section 2, Article 9(a)

Foles was a QB "any time after a change of possession" and Baker was moving towards his own end line and hit him in the side. So it was a foul under 7 even if it wasn't under 8. That hit will draw a flag anytime a ref sees it in the 2014 NFL.

Would have been a great hit 5-10 years ago.

I didn't even know about number 7.  Thanks for pointing that out.

He caught Foles just as he turned around. Foles was not facing him straight up.

Specifically he broke Rule 12, Section 2, Article 9(a)

Foles was a QB "any time after a change of possession" and Baker was moving towards his own end line and hit him in the side. So it was a foul under 7 even if it wasn't under 8. That hit will draw a flag anytime a ref sees it in the 2014 NFL.

Would have been a great hit 5-10 years ago.

Baker hit him in the front, so it was legal in that regard but I did not realize that the NFL had inserted that rule about the QB on a change of possession and I know for a fact it hasn't been called when it's happened to RG3. But Baker did break a rule, even though I disagree with the rule completely and think if they are going to keep it then it needs to be revised to say the Qb cannot engage in a block because otherwise that can be an unfair advantage.

Holy hell. What a mess with the officials. They were determining when to throw flags based on the crowd facial expressions while watching the jumbotron to throw a late flag. I don't know what Troy Aikman or the referees saw in that Pass Interference call. To be fair, Eagles did get some horrible calls, but we got buried in yellow flags.

But we look way better this year. Happy with our offense and our defense that got it together in the 4th against one of the top offenses in the league.

Just like in Houston, another game we dominated and some how lost.

Ahh......some sanity.  Totally agree, Zoony.  I was excited about what I saw with KC today and yeah, I'm immediately an RG3 "hater".  

I'm not even going to defend that.

Actually you were labeled an RGIII hater because you kept posting stupid **** like "6/6 on 3rd downs, when's the last time RGIII did that?". You made snide comment after snide comment instead of just enjoying Kirk playing well. Every god damn game day thread gets littered with the Kirk vs. RGIII **** now. The mods should just create one thread, just like the name change thread, where posters can go at each other over this debate.

It was a delay of game against us, I didn't hear the whistle I am gonna agree the players didn't. That's probably the one call I'd say could have been made in our favor that wasn't.

Holding, I didn't see anything blatant. Rak doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore either in that regard. Holding always happens we seem to be the only team that can't figure out a way to get pressure because of "holding"

I saw blatant holding on Kerrigan and Murphy, but Rak disappeared from this game and has a habit of doing that vs. division rivals. 

We still did put pressure on Foles. I think too many were expecting a repeat of last week's game w/o realizing Foles is better. That being said there were several definite sacks that got taken away by holding and it was never called, but that being said we knocked around Foles and flushed him out of the pocket quite a bit, more than some are giving credit for.

Anybody still really pissed about that run call on 1st down on the last drive? What the **** was that? 

Yeah, that busted up run on first down put us behind the eight ball.  I guess if the run would've resulted in a 5 yard gain instead of a loss, perhaps the drive would've yielded a good results, but I didn't like the call to be honest.  It looked like one of those runs a team with the lead does to kill the clock, not the other way around.

Holy hell. What a mess with the officials. They were determining when to throw flags based on the crowd facial expressions while watching the jumbotron to throw a late flag. I don't know what Troy Aikman or the referees saw in that Pass Interference call. To be fair, Eagles did get some horrible calls, but we got buried in yellow flags.

But we look way better this year. Happy with our offense and our defense that got it together in the 4th against one of the top offenses in the league.

Just like in Houston, another game we dominated and some how lost.

I would like to see the situations when these flags were thrown.  It seems like all of the flags against us sustained Eagle drives.  Instead of punting, the Eagles would get a first down. 

Fixed that for you.

Sure it's relevant.  Everyone saying Cousins couldn't make the throws at the end and giving any credence to that giving the knod to Griffin need to look no further than this.

There is one difference... we argued that Griffin was trying to "throw that one away" for a week or two versus it just being a bad throw.

Kirk took the blame.

But, facts and stuff.

As I said in my most recent post: You didn't see the (probably about) 50 no-calls when they blatantly held Kerrigan, Orakpo, Baker, ..?!  If they had called at least a few of them, we would have had several sacks. Instead, Philth continued holding on about 80% of the plays because they KNEW they would get away with it!  You didn't think that they should have called roughing the passer on that delay call play?!  At the very least, they should have blown a whistle AND a penalty because it was obvious Kirk and the Skins O-line had pulled up thinking that the play had been blown dead. And then .. E-gals thug plants him to the ground. And yet .. they managed to call it against US! Should have been an automatic first down on about the 2 yard line in the fourth quarter for us. They also didn't call P.I. against them about 3-4 times when the E-gals defender CLEARLY got there early. Those are just on the top of my head right now, but the officiating was BLATANTLY one sided today!

Edit: Do you REALLY believe that that was a reception (instead of an incomplete pass, which they had already ruled) when the receiver's elbow CLEARLY came down out of bounds BEFORE his second foot?  My god, even the FOX announcers kept replaying in super zoom that his elbow came down out of bounds. And yet, the zebra not only REVERSED the call, but apparently had the New York office's blessing to do so since they review all plays and communincate with the field in each game.You also think that Perry Riley "interfered" with (I believe it was Perry Riley) on that pass play late in the game when the replays CLEARLY showed that Riley NEVER TOUCHED HIM?! You REALLY think that Baker "cheap shotted" Foley, when in fact Baker was knocking Foley out of what appeared an interception and a return?!

As I said .. in almost 50 years of watching the NFL, I have RARELY seen such a blatantly one-sided officiated game!

You need to get a grip.

Well anyone who says the gameplan offensively didn't work or shouldn't of called so and so play is convoluted. Yes the ST screwed us again and the d wasn't great in the beginning but we need to give a hats off to the I what a game.

One more thing the NFL has it out for us. The calls were horrendous.

You can't even compare the two....

one RG3 with a brace on his leg coming back from an injury versus a healthy Cousins and you are comparing how a random game ended?

That's a clown post bro!

That's EXACTLY what I was looking for.  Thanks Dub.

Cousins gets an A- today. When he was good, he was very good. When he was bad, he stunk.

Special Teams let us down (again) and we just have to mitigate mistakes.

We are losing the leaders week after week. Hope Hall's replacement can step up when needed.

When did he stink?  The INT was bad.  I need to rewatch the tape, but Aikman said it was a result of miscommunication.  It happens.

48 dropbacks by Cousins, 0 sacks. 

Well, in all fairness, the Buzzards haven't exactly been sack masters in their games this year. You also know that they aren't going to cover him as a potential running threat like they do RG. Different beasts. They each draw different coverage. I am impressed by Kirk, and I have always liked him, but anyone drawing inference from a silly stat like this to say that "KC8 > RG3" is just incredulous. With Kirk, they know he is going to get the ball out much faster because he is much, much less of a running threat. He can't extend the play like Robert waiting for a guy to get open. Therefore, coverage will most often go to the receivers.

Yeah he's seemed like a complete different person recently. Evil Twin?

I think his avatar has taken control.  But seriously, it could just be one of those periods where you get angrier and shorter with things and people.  Hell, this kind of loss, while not crushing has me angry. I'm going to try to move on from today because I have a ton of stuff to do beyond mope about football.

Not going to hold today against anyone on the board.

When did he stink?  The INT was bad.  I need to rewatch the tape, but Aikman said it was a result of miscommunication.  It happens.

Nah, Cousins was smoking hot today, in the 1st half. And just like last week, he had a tepid second half compounded with mental errors at inopportune moments.

He will get better but he, along with other facets of the game, made enough mistakes to let the other team walk away with a victory.

When did this happen to you? I don't ever recall you being an poster like this...

Has Rob Jackson's release had that big of an effect on you?

When did what happen?  I've always been a team guy first. 

Everyone is implying that Cousins bought the farm by missing throws at the end (which he did) but we had an entire thread about whether this was a throw away or a pass attempt.

It's hilarious the excuses one gets and not the other.  That's not even getting into a minus 10 effort from the special teams unit.

Archived