Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Game Day Thread: #Redskins at Iggles

JimmiJo

I think we moved the ball good! Cousins looked good, put some points on the board. If it hadn't been for the missed 3 and the special teams 7 we would have been singing HAIL TO THE READSKINS. I think we have something to look forward to with #8

I'll say this, Cousins, in the Jacksonville game and the first half of this game, was solving our red zone issues. For the past 17 games we had been having issues scoring in the red zone, either coming away with fumbles or pics or getting FGs. I was feeling good that we were finally getting 7s on the board, but we have to see if that was an aberration or if our offense can score points with him at the helm.

I made a lot of points in my post. You've won one. Which one do you want to debunk next?

I agree with a couple of the things you said, I just don't think it's a conspiracy. There were some BAD calls in our favor that Eagles fans should be ****ing about as well. The officiating in this league is a joke. Nobody's out to get us.

A top tier, franchise QB makes the game winning play with time running out.  Kirk had a great game- but in the end, he is what he is. And he ain't III

Just lol.

Aside from a handful of bad throws by Cousins that turned out to be very costly, the reality is is that he isn't going to play any better than he did today...and we still lost. 

Wow.  After 5 starts he's already reached his full potential?  Incredible.

That's like saying RG3 has reached his ceiling as well.  Both QB's have plenty of growth left in them and to suggest otherwise is just plain silly.

You were saying?

Lol I was waiting for that.......

How many starts do they have?  How many does Kirk have?

The expectations for Kirk are insane.  He basically had to throw a perfect game for people to be satisfied.  He had to overcome the defense, special teams, and penalties to score 40+ on the road to win in his 5th career start.  That's the definition of "a little help would be nice."

Its not "expectations for Kirk", its expectations for my QB. I don't care what the defense/special teams/whoever else did in the rest of the game. I don't care what his stats are. All I care about is if we're down a touchdown and we've got the ball, I want a QB that I can trust to move us down the field to get the game winning score. That's why I loved John Elway so much - because the dude could win the game in the 4th. That's why Luck's getting all the hype. Heck, that's why Foles is getting hype this year. Its not about being the best losing QB, its all about winning games, and if we're not winning games I want to see why, and if there are things we can do better (each and every player), I want to see about doing those things better.

No it's not if you're being brutally honest.

There was a LOT to like from Kirk (first half in particular) and he deserves a LOT of credit. BUT there was a fair bit of bad too. The pick was a shocking overhrow. He missed more and more third down plays the more the game went on. (Both bad reads and bad throws.).

Hail.

I felt the same way. I was kinda wondering if his arm was tired, or if the defense was just playing tighter, or what was really wrong?

I agree with a couple of the things you said, I just don't think it's a conspiracy. There were some BAD calls in our favor that Eagles fans should be ****ing about as well. The officiating in this league is a joke. Nobody's out to get us.

I will admit that I was pretty HOT after the game. I am SICK of watching games (not just Redskins games either) where the refs have increasingly, needlessly inserted themselves into the games, and yet they are more incompetent than ever! Just when you think it couldn't get worse, it does. Add to this the wussification of this great game where the DBs practically have to tackle with Q-Tips anymore ... But I DO feel that this game was ref'd VERY one-sided today. Did it cause us to lose? I don't know. We weren't perfect, but it does get harder to win games when the refs don't see the OBVIOUS. As to the "out to get us" .. I'm not convinced.

As to "bad calls in our favor" .. there were so FEW calls against the E-gals today that I don't remember any that the -gals fans should be angry over. They all seemed pretty just to me, if not WAY overdue. Maybe I was just so SHOCKED that they actually called a penalty against THEM that I didn't notice.

Whatevs .. a couple of beers later, I'm no longer on fire; just smoldering.

As I said in my most recent post: You didn't see the (probably about) 50 no-calls when they blatantly held Kerrigan, Orakpo, Baker, ..?! If they had called at least a few of them, we would have had several sacks. Instead, Philth continued holding on about 80% of the plays because they KNEW they would get away with it! You didn't think that they should have called roughing the passer on that delay call play?! At the very least, they should have blown a whistle AND a penalty because it was obvious Kirk and the Skins O-line had pulled up thinking that the play had been blown dead. And then .. E-gals thug plants him to the ground. And yet .. they managed to call it against US! Should have been an automatic first down on about the 2 yard line in the fourth quarter for us. They also didn't call P.I. against them about 3-4 times when the E-gals defender CLEARLY got there early. Those are just on the top of my head right now, but the officiating was BLATANTLY one sided today!

Edit: Do you REALLY believe that that was a reception (instead of an incomplete pass, which they had already ruled) when the receiver's elbow CLEARLY came down out of bounds BEFORE his second foot? My god, even the FOX announcers kept replaying in super zoom that his elbow came down out of bounds. And yet, the zebra not only REVERSED the call, but apparently had the New York office's blessing to do so since they review all plays and communincate with the field in each game.You also think that Perry Riley "interfered" with (I believe it was Perry Riley) on that pass play late in the game when the replays CLEARLY showed that Riley NEVER TOUCHED HIM?! You REALLY think that Baker "cheap shotted" Foley, when in fact Baker was knocking Foley out of what appeared an interception and a return?!

As I said .. in almost 50 years of watching the NFL, I have RARELY seen such a blatantly one-sided officiated game!

I agree 100% on one play I even saw the egals lineman clinging to the leg of our guy rushing in, such crap!

Here's the thing, it doesn't matter we lost today. The fact that we lost Deangelo for the year spells the end. As bad as our secondary was, this is a whole other level of bad.

Breeland played well. Almost had a pick. Secondary was ok outside of Merriweather. Real culprit was Perry Riley and Haz, who refused to blitz the patchwork line and continually matched Riley on WRs.

Here's the thing, it doesn't matter we lost today. The fact that we lost Deangelo for the year spells the end. As bad as our secondary was, this is a whole other level of bad.

Thanks for pissing on the parade!  :D

That does suck!  Arguably (inarguably?) our best back. And I was just thinking before that play that De- was due for a pickoff.  It's time for the rest of the crew to step up! As much as I hate to mention it .. do we call back Rambo?

Breeland played well. Almost had a pick. Secondary was ok outside of Merriweather. Real culprit was Perry Riley and Haz, who refused to blitz the patchwork line and continually matched Riley on WRs.

Yeah, it was give and take.  Would you rather LeSean and Sproiles beat you or would you rather make Foles beat you?

It's easy to second guess after the fact, but I didn't mind the gameplan.  Foles made some excellent throws into very good coverage from Riley.  Not all of his coverage was great, but it was tight to very good most of the time.

Meriweather on the other hand...

I'm afraid that all of the B.S. calls against him (and admittedly, some of the non-B.S. calls against him) have made the dude afraid of his own shadow. 'Shame really -- I loved the way the guy hit!

I wasn't concerned with his hitting/tackling... he was dreadful in coverage.  And he got lucky with at least one overthrow.

A top tier, franchise QB makes the game winning play with time running out.  Kirk had a great game- but in the end, he is what he is. And he ain't III

lol.  When has RG every played a game like Kirk today.  If RG started there is no way we have a chance in this game.  Actually I say it would have been 50-7 if he played.  Welcome to your new QB skins fans.  We are now contenders every week if we can keep our injuries down and improve every week.  

I hope todays stats from Kirk were good enough for the “lets see how he does against a good team” folks who were bashing him last week against the jax..  You have your answer and I hope Kirk can keep improving every week he plays.  

Does it irk anyone to see the Bengals playing even better without Jay Gruden? He just gets too cute sometimes. I can see why he thought Haslett was a viable DC. they seem to have similar tendencies.

That being said I'm actually impressed with the improvements in this team. We have better personnel. Now we just need to play special teams and get a legit defensive coordinator.

Does it irk anyone to see the Bengals playing even better without Jay Gruden? He just gets too cute sometimes. I can see why he thought Haslett was a viable DC. they seem to have similar tendencies.

The Bengals are stacked, first of all.  And I mean stacked.

Secondly, what's not to like about his offense?  Over 70 points the last two games?

No arguments from me on Haz.  He is here for a year cause he was a good Soldier last year.

Archived