Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Destiny Thread (PS4 and Xbox One)

Dont Taze Me Bro

Question:  I am confused as to which "tower faction" I should join or should I....  Titan lvl 31.... 

Yeah, just look at the weapons/armor each has and pick one to start with.  You have to be level 2 in each faction to buy armor and level 3 for weapons.  Best thing to do, pick your favorite one based on whatever, and level it to 3 in the Crucible, then switch to another one and level to 3, then the third one and level to 3.

Then just rotate them out whenever you feel the need to, every level gives you a package with a legendary weapon/armor and some strange coins and stuff, you can break down the legendary item into more legendary marks.

So week 1 Trials is over.  I really like the changes they made.  The last go round, you had to get so many wins to buy the armor piece and weapon that were on sale.  The roll on the weapon and armor was the the same for everyone. 

This year, you buy bounties.  The bounties are easy to complete.  The Stone, Bronze, Silver and Gold packages are all included in the bounties.  I was able to complete all 6 on all three of my characters with no problem at all.

The weapons and armor drops when you play.  It seemed as if they dropped sometime after 5 or 6 wins.  This week, the armor piece was the boots and the weapon was the scout rifle "inward lamp", which is crazy OP for PVE.  Full auto and then a random perk.  I got 1 on each character, my favorite has outlaw.  

I was able to get to the Lighthouse on 2 of my 3 characters.  Was playing on my warlock last night and lost a close match early but had the mercy, then all we needed was 1 win, we were 8-0 and we were down 4-1. We came back and tied it 4-4 but lost it in the last 3 seconds. Heart breaking... it was fun as hell though.

From the lighthouse, I got the Pulse Rifle at 318 light, it is straight up amazing.  Didn't get the best roll, but its good enough.  On my Titan, I got the Auto Rifle at 314. It sucks. I will end up infusing that into another weapon.

So, obviously with the Taken King, raid and trials adept weapon primaries do not have burns on them. I personally like this.  I absolutely hated feeling like any primary without a burn was worthless except for PVP.  Now that there are none (except for Zhalo Supercell), all weapons are in play.  I think that was a great move on Bungie's part.  A lot of people are butthurt over it because they say it makes it harder.  I don't really notice it. Not only that, it makes you pay more attention to your special and heavy weapon. I find myself using my other weapons more which is a good thing.

The Trials Adept weapons are black instead of gold and have a higher light level.  

I'm having difficulty getting any of my Guardians over 295 light level. Most engrams I receive are blue engrams that around between light level 260-290, legendaries at 280, or exotics at 290. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I do all of the daily and weekly missions for the legendary marks, play Crucible, run Vanguard Heroic playlists. I rarely get any drops that result in anything over 295 or anything that I can infuse over 295. What gives? 

I'm having difficulty getting any of my Guardians over 295 light level. Most engrams I receive are blue engrams that around between light level 260-290, legendaries at 280, or exotics at 290. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I do all of the daily and weekly missions for the legendary marks, play Crucible, run Vanguard Heroic playlists. I rarely get any drops that result in anything over 295 or anything that I can infuse over 295. What gives? 

Gotta get into the raid.

A few friends and I pulled a 295 titan through a normal raid and got him a few items over 300 (a ghost, chest piece and two weapons iirc). Just have to grind out the raid for a few weeks to get over 300.  Once you're over 300, hard mode is "easier" and the drops are between 310-320. 

Ran hard mode with my titan at a 305 and wound up with a 315 rocket launcher, two 315 snipers, 319 leg armor, a 314 ghost, and several items between 300 and 310. Instantly shot my titan to a 312 with my best setup.

Oh, and make sure to knock out the touch of malice and exotic sword quests. They drop at 310. I did them twice and infused some legendary weapons to help my other characters over 300.

When you get stuck at 290-299 forevermode it's time to hit kings fall normal mode and run your night falls. Even if you only get the first 3 checkpoints in kingsfall you'll be getting enough gear to get moving in the right direction. Also for me my artifact slot was holding me back forever so finishing the court of oryx Eris quests will net you a 300-310 artifact I believe.

You can run kings fall at a relatively lower light if needed. We ran my friends alt hunter through when he was 273 and all of us weren't 300+ yet so don't limit yourself - just study up on the boss fights before you go in.

When you get stuck at 290-299 forevermode it's time to hit kings fall normal mode and run your night falls. Even if you only get the first 3 checkpoints in kingsfall you'll be getting enough gear to get moving in the right direction. Also for me my artifact slot was holding me back forever so finishing the court of oryx Eris quests will net you a 300-310 artifact I believe.

You can run kings fall at a relatively lower light if needed. We ran my friends alt hunter through when he was 273 and all of us weren't 300+ yet so don't limit yourself - just study up on the boss fights before you go in.

Good advice. You have to get into the raid to level up. I'm at 316 on my warlock but it's tough and gradual. It honestly should be though. I'd be bored with the game if it was that easy.

Btw, the trials map this weekend is Exodus Blue. Not my favorite map, but it was really fun for trials. Went 9-0 on 1 character. Will do another in the morning. Trials is so freaking fun.

Taken King Story had been mostly cake except for a few bumps, but this Oryx mist thing has me angry.  He is a sliver away and summons 15,000 dang taken.  I am not built for a cage match lol... and yeah I do kill half my enemies in this mission with punches so I can replenish ammo.

**Frustrated**

Edit: and once I am summoned to the dang mist crap... I dont have time to option and ammo up with my consumable gear stockpile.

Taken King Story had been mostly cake except for a few bumps, but this Oryx mist thing has me angry. He is a sliver away and summons 15,000 dang taken. I am not built for a cage match lol... and yeah I do kill half my enemies in this mission with punches so I can replenish ammo.

**Frustrated**

Edit: and once I am summoned to the dang mist crap... I dont have time to option and ammo up with my consumable gear stockpile.

Shotty helped me a bunch during this fight( I think it was invective or patch-a). Primary and heavy for oryx. Shotty for the adds

Code,

For exodus blue what setup did you run with this week? I do my trials on sun/mon so I haven't tried it yet. I usually rock pulse/chaperone but this looks like it could be a decent auto/handcannon map but there's sniper lanes also. Any basic strata you've run with so far?

Archived