Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Destiny Thread (PS4 and Xbox One)

Dont Taze Me Bro

It works, the engram will either be there for you when you start again or will go to your postmaster.

Personally, I prefer to do the strikes. I get more blue drops for weapon and armor parts as well as motes of light.

Ok, so if he were to die in the boss room, then I suicide/kill the boss to start us over.  If an exotic engram had dropped, it will be for both of us?  

And if that is the case, does only one of us need to pop the three of coin prior to running in?  

Up to 285 light now. I didn't use a single 3 of coins and I got a bunch of purples and blues that are better the purples. I also got a relic weapon.

The trick I used...right when the boss was going to die I ran up to him and just went ape **** on him. When he died all his purples fell on me....

Muhahahahahahah

The ultra exploit, if you can even call it that since it was the way Bungie coded the game, was fun while it lasted.  I am pretty sure they made adjustments between last weekend and this weekend.  

I just tried it again, had stocked up on 35 Three of Coin, used 20 of them and got zero exotic engrams.  The best I got was one sublime engram (guaranteed legendary, possible exotic), blue gauntlets, blue boots and one blue weapon.

I had read that Bungie said to take advantage now cause they will be fixing it in the future.  Couldn't find any info that it was fixed, but given my success the past three weeks doing this, I find it hard to believe I burned through 20 ToCs and didn't get one exotic drop considering they stack.

Oh well, back to the Crucible I go :)

Ok, so if he were to die in the boss room, then I suicide/kill the boss to start us over. If an exotic engram had dropped, it will be for both of us?

And if that is the case, does only one of us need to pop the three of coin prior to running in?

3 of coins only works for the person taking it. If you and I were doing strikes and both take the coins we will most likely get drops at different times. It's individual to each person, not the fireteam.

Looking to do the nightfall strike :)

If you are on this evening, around 8pm EST, I need to do 1 on my Titan. I've already done it and its fairly easy.

There's a strike specific pulse rifle that drops from Omnigul's strike and its very very over powered.

There is also a way to farm it.

My son, a buddy and I farmed it for about 30 minutes and had 5 of them drop, 2 for me, 2 for my buddy and 1 for my son. My son also got the Omnigul Warlock Bond which is one of the best in the game in terms of looks.

Anyway, you run the strike, preferably with at least 1 Nightstalker with Voidbow set on blackhole. An arc warlock is really helpful as well.  Run the strike until you get to the first time Omnigul appears. Kill her within 1 minute and then wipe. Do it over and over. Lots of engrams.

The easiest way to kill her is to have the hunter tether her then use exotic swords to destroy her.  

The "Grasp of Malok" is a fast fire pulse rifle and with the right roll, it destroys. I can see it being nerfed as more people get it.

If you are on this evening, around 8pm EST, I need to do 1 on my Titan. I've already done it and its fairly easy.

There's a strike specific pulse rifle that drops from Omnigul's strike and its very very over powered.

There is also a way to farm it.

My son, a buddy and I farmed it for about 30 minutes and had 5 of them drop, 2 for me, 2 for my buddy and 1 for my son. My son also got the Omnigul Warlock Bond which is one of the best in the game in terms of looks.

Anyway, you run the strike, preferably with at least 1 Nightstalker with Voidbow set on blackhole. An arc warlock is really helpful as well. Run the strike until you get to the first time Omnigul appears. Kill her within 1 minute and then wipe. Do it over and over. Lots of engrams.

The easiest way to kill her is to have the hunter tether her then use exotic swords to destroy her.

The "Grasp of Malok" is a fast fire pulse rifle and with the right roll, it destroys. I can see it being nerfed as more people get it.

I think I can get on at that time. How long should it take?

Well yesterday evening wasn't as bad.  But I still sucked. LOL. IB has not been friendly to me this time. Though I am enjoying the fact that the daily bounties change each day instead of the same ones over and over.  Pretty sure I'll hit level 5 pretty easily with my titan tonight since I've hoarded about 8 bounties while I've played on my warlock and hunter.

I wish they would come out with a new class and add a 4th character slot.  Not sub-classes, entire new character class all together.  I also wish they would add in some PvP zones on each planet, not in any story/leveling places.  

But say add a PvP strike where you have to fight your way through to a boss like you do now, but in the room before it, it teleports you to an arena where you have to fight another team, just old fashioned team deathmatch, winning team moves on to the boss.  Losing team, starts over.  

I wish they would come out with a new class and add a 4th character slot.  Not sub-classes, entire new character class all together.  I also wish they would add in some PvP zones on each planet, not in any story/leveling places.  

But say add a PvP strike where you have to fight your way through to a boss like you do now, but in the room before it, it teleports you to an arena where you have to fight another team, just old fashioned team deathmatch, winning team moves on to the boss.  Losing team, starts over.  

Yeah, you can have that. LOL. I'm not nearly good enough to get through a gauntlet like that.

But what I DO wish Bungie would do, is penalize people for leaving crucible matches. I can't count how many times I was in a match and if we even began to lose by 1k points or so, half my team would leave.  Then you're pretty much screwed.  6 v 2, 6 v 3 is not even close to being a fair match.

I'd want to see people pick up penalty points for leaving a match early.  Pick up a certain number of points within a predetermined timeframe, and you get suspended, or locked out of crucible for a specific time frame; like 24-48 hours or something. 

Archived