Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Destiny Thread (PS4 and Xbox One)

Dont Taze Me Bro

That would be nice.  I was reading about Halo 5 yesterday and they are going to track quitting matches, team killing/betrayals, idling (AFK) during matches, intentional suicides and disconnects.  If it becomes excessive, they are temp banning that player from being able to participate in the arena pvp, duration of bans depending on the offense and will get longer/more severe for continued/multiple infractions.

They also will not match make and place anyone into a match already in progress (for arena) unless it is a Warzone match which can take 30+ minutes.  

Bungie should take heed and implement some of those changes.  It took me like 10-12 tries to win three matches of Elimination (when it was the weekly PvP match where you had to win to get 10 marks - up to 3 times) because once we got down say 2-1 or 1-0, idiots would drop out right away.  I would be by myself taking on 3 other players.  So annoying.

I made out like a champ in IB. Bought the pulse rifle and had 2 more drop with different rolls. All three are fantastic. Picked up the boots for all 3 and had the sidearm and ship drop as well as 2 wolfcloaks.

Looks like they fixed the lag. Very minimal compared to past events. Got all three characters to rank 5 by Saturday. The bounties made it super easy. Good experience.

Best surprise is that the IB armor is actually useful. There are specific crucible perks. Pretty awesome.

Well yesterday evening wasn't as bad.  But I still sucked. LOL. IB has not been friendly to me this time. Though I am enjoying the fact that the daily bounties change each day instead of the same ones over and over.  Pretty sure I'll hit level 5 pretty easily with my titan tonight since I've hoarded about 8 bounties while I've played on my warlock and hunter.

You may already know this, but, if you level up one character to rank 5 first, the other 2 get huge buffs when you rank them up. I did my hunter first and my warlock literally went from 0-5 in about 8 matches. I did complete all the bounties as well which is what put it over the top, but next time, I don't know if I'll play as much on the first 2 days.  Each day in the week raises the xp buff as well.

Man Code, you had some nice drops. I had a lot of people in my clan that stopped playing after 5 days or so because they didnt get any drops from IB. I played all week, maxed my character, and only got the sidearm to drop. Drops were supposed to be a main way to get IB gear after rank 3, but seemed to not be happening for a lot of people. Maybe its just an xbox issue.

Man Code, you had some nice drops. I had a lot of people in my clan that stopped playing after 5 days or so because they didnt get any drops from IB. I played all week, maxed my character, and only got the sidearm to drop. Drops were supposed to be a main way to get IB gear after rank 3, but seemed to not be happening for a lot of people. Maybe its just an xbox issue.

Yeah, I did get lucky. Of the other people I play with, I got the best by far.

As a whole, the drops were less overall compared to past IB's but I only had to buy the boots and Titan mark. I can't complain.

In the game's current state, is it worth even joining as a new player right now?

I think so. You get a buff to immediately get to level 25 with decent weapons and armor.

There is no hurry because major new content is probably 9 months away.

Major warning. If you are a casual gamer, I wouldn't waste your time. This game is meant for grinders and playing with others.

I think so. You get a buff to immediately get to level 25 with decent weapons and armor.

There is no hurry because major new content is probably 9 months away.

Major warning. If you are a casual gamer, I wouldn't waste your time. This game is meant for grinders and playing with others.

It can be played casually, at least the Crucible can.  Of course he will miss out on all the fun raids/strikes which require a group as you mentioned.  

But he can level from 25 to 40 extremely fast, like 3-4 days of playing a few hours a day, or over a weekend.  

So yeah......That touch of malice quest is no joke. Sitting at 44 fragments and can't get any more for the life of me. Hate the fact I can't find out which ones I need. What a hell of a grind......

Destinycalcifiedfragments.com

However, if you have picked up calcified fragments on multiple characters, there's no way to distinguish which ones you are missing on a single character.  The only thing you can really do is load up Datto's video and follow along to make sure you didn't miss anything. You probably already know that though.

It's a great weapon for the last 2 parts of the raid. Well worth it. My son finally got his last night.

Any quests for new weapons or anything like that?

Not so far that I know of... There are 3 quests associated with the Halloween activities, No one in my group has completed all of them yet.  Probably won't be until thursday or friday for most of us as we will be doing the hard mode raid again tonight and tomorrow.

Gotta get more loot..!

The festival stuff is definitely cool I got an Eris Mask to wear.

Some of the stuff is so trollish. Its pretty funny.  One of the quest items is to "trip" off the tower with the Atheon mask, not sure if you remember but at the beginning of Vault of Glass, when it first came out, you could make Atheon Trip off of his platform and cheese it.

In the game's current state, is it worth even joining as a new player right now?

I just started after the new release and have really enjoyed it. The most important part of the game is finding 2 people to do the missions/quests with. Taze has also provided me with great advice on how to level up quickly. It is a fun, communal game. Highly recommend.

I just started after the new release and have really enjoyed it. The most important part of the game is finding 2 people to do the missions/quests with. Taze has also provided me with great advice on how to level up quickly. It is a fun, communal game. Highly recommend.

You guys can add me if you ever need help. I'll be glad to if I'm available.

code0rama on Ps4.

I'll add you when I get home this afternoon.

DontTazeMeBroski

Don't get upset if you send invites and I don't respond.  I am on a ton, but I also just let it idle too while doing other things around the house, eating, etc.  so sometimes I don't even see the invite/msg until hours later or the next day lol.

For Destiny, I'm not the one you want for PvE though, PvP sure.

DontTazeMeBroski

Don't get upset if you send invites and I don't respond.  I am on a ton, but I also just let it idle too while doing other things around the house, eating, etc.  so sometimes I don't even see the invite/msg until hours later or the next day lol.

For Destiny, I'm not the one you want for PvE though, PvP sure.

Roger!

Archived