Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Destiny Thread (PS4 and Xbox One)

Dont Taze Me Bro

I'll be gone all day tomorrow and won't be back until Saturday afternoon. But I'll try and jump on then and hit up some Crucible matches with ya.

Probably won't be until Sat. night. I do have to get the house ready for Halloween and winter, but that will only take me a few hours

Great advice Taze. Got my Titan up to level 40 in no time. Much appreciated. Now I'm trying to get the best possible gear. I use the scout rifle, sniper rifle and either rocket launcher or machine gun setup. Is there one particular gun in each of those categories I should be striving for? I know I need a ton of legendary marks.

For the legendary weapons, I haven't looked (in detail) at each faction vendor to recommend one.  I will say this, absolutely do not waste your marks on a legendary weapon engram from the Cryptarch.  It's cheaper (135 marks vs. 150 marks), but random and I got burned.  It gave me a rocket launcher that was worse than the blue one I had equipped.  

I'd continue to roll with blue weapons or purples that drop and work on upping your exotic arsenal.  Use the legendary marks on gear for now.  Again, depends on your play style (all pve or pvp or a mix, etc.).  The advice I gave Xam was this:

Go to Xur tomorrow and see what he offers as far as exotic armor and weapon.  This will be his fourth appearance and I think a pattern might be forming, I'll know more tomorrow.  But week 1, he only offered a legacy engram, DO NOT PURCHASE, it's a year one weapon.  Week 2, he offered the Hawkmoon for 23 strange coin.  Week 3, another legacy engram.  I'm hoping/predicting that tomorrow it's another year 2 exotic weapon.

Anyhow, depending on how much strange coin you have, if he offers a good/great exotic that you like buy the weapon.  If not, buy an armor piece.  If you can, buy both lol.  If you have a shot at buying an exotic helm or helm engram from him, do it, helm cost 120 marks (iirc) which is the most expensive piece.  Legendary arms, legs and chest are all 75 marks each.

Just doing the daily crucible match (15 marks) and the weekly one (that you can do 3 times - for 30 total marks), you will earn 135 marks per week.  If you do PvE and can manage to do another weekly or daily, then you can easily earn more marks.  If you don't have a lot of playing time, just wait one more day do the pvp daily and you will have 150 marks.

So after 8 days, you can have one exotic armor piece (280/290 light) from Xur and purchase two legendary pieces (280 light) from the vendor and be well on your way.  Hopefully, getting some purple weapons to drop here and there or that missing piece of armor.   Also, periodically, you will get blue armor that is higher than your legendary, save it to infuse later when you have the materials and marks.  

In two weeks, you should be able to be at 280 light, with some decent weapons at your disposal.  Now, another method to get a lot of exotic weapons and armor is to use your strange coins and purchase Three of Coin from Xur and kill a level 14 ultra and hope it drops.  You can farm the easy one with this method in the link from my previous post:  http://es.redskins.com/topic/382312-the-destiny-thread-ps4-and-xbox-one/?p=10344604

Here is another article about a fix, but it still works, just not as often.  http://es.redskins.com/topic/382312-the-destiny-thread-ps4-and-xbox-one/?p=10358947

I did this last weekend and used 31 Three of Coins and got six exotics (2 armor and 4 weapons), so right at one exotic per 5 three of coins.  Five three of coins cost 7 SCs.  You can scroll back and read some of the discussion code and myself and others have had on this (within the last 3 pages in the thread), like you don't want to go back to orbit or it resets, which I didn't know lol.

Ok...got the place to myself this weekend, which means I can mic up and not be disturbed and play all night...who's up for some Destiny with me

Hit me up... my son has football sat and possibly baseball sun, but will have all night Friday and all evening/night Sat.

GB, you are on Xbox One right?  Can't remember.

Yep. I'm on the X1. And I've been giving the Gunsmith a steady amount of relics recently, although when I'm playing alone(which is often because I play during the day and work at night) I have the volume muted and watch Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Video while I play. So he may have told me about the quest and I completely missed it. 

Can I still get started with this? I haven't even heard from the Gunsmith about the quest yet.

You wont get a quest from the Gunsmith yet. If you have turned in the 4 relics there is a mission that shows up on Earth which will get you the next step in the quest. BUT that mission was only showing up yesterday. It will show up again, but I have no idea when, and again you have to have all 4 relics turned in for it to appear.

You wont get a quest from the Gunsmith yet. If you have turned in the 4 relics there is a mission that shows up on Earth which will get you the next step in the quest. BUT that mission was only showing up yesterday. It will show up again, but I have no idea when, and again you have to have all 4 relics turned in for it to appear.

Are these specific relics I get in certain areas, or any relics that I get from drops will do? 

Are these specific relics I get in certain areas, or any relics that I get from drops will do? 

These are relic fusion rifles that look kind of like the Pockey Infinity. They will drop as a pyramid with an icon over it like a patrol marker, you wont be able to miss it.

There are 4 that drop randomly in the world from any enemies. You turn them into the Gunsmith which also gives you rep. Also, these relics show up under the mission items, not under normal inventory.

Dear Destiny,

In response to the gunsmith quest where I have to get 6 kills with a **** scout rifle in a crucible match in addition to winning the match for it to count, three times..........I say **** YOU!!!

Kind Regards,

DontTazeMeBroski

P.S. -  While I did complete this quest step, I had to sell my soul to Satan in hopes that I was matched up with a good PUG team to accomplish said task.  

P.S.S - **** you again.

Where do I find these relics ypu speak of...I think I turned in one...how so I see of I had or not?

You get them by playing the game. I got all of mine while running strikes.  I think strikes are the fastest way.

To check to see if you had, while in orbit, set destination for earth and look at the available missions, if you have them all, the mission "the FIRST FIREWALL" will be available. That starts the quest for Sleeper Simulant.

Ok. That's what I thought. I thought I read there was a way to tell how many relics you have turned in

That's the only way I know of.

In addition, if the First Firewall mission isn't there now, Bungie said it would return. 

Personally, I'd get some 3 of coins and run strikes.

All my characters are over 300 but I still do it. I'm stockpiling 310 exotics. When you decrypt an exotic, if you are over 300, there's about a 1 in 3 chance that it will be 310. When you are over 305, its about 2 in 3.  

That way, you are working towards leveling up and making sure you have all the parts.

That's the only way I know of.

In addition, if the First Firewall mission isn't there now, Bungie said it would return.

Personally, I'd get some 3 of coins and run strikes.

All my characters are over 300 but I still do it. I'm stockpiling 310 exotics. When you decrypt an exotic, if you are over 300, there's about a 1 in 3 chance that it will be 310. When you are over 305, its about 2 in 3.

That way, you are working towards leveling up and making sure you have all the parts.

I'm loading up on 3 of coins for this weekend. Hoping to get alot of stuff since I can play alot in fireteams this weekend

**** you Xur!  ****ty legacy engram that's a heavy again.  Then an exotic helm for Titan and Hunter and gauntlets for the Warlock and an exotic gauntlet engram.

Oh well, time to dump all my SCs into Three of Coins and troll/farm the Level 14 Ultra :/  Was hoping he would have a nice exotic for sell that I didn't have.  

**** you Xur! ****ty legacy engram that's a heavy again. Then an exotic helm for Titan and Hunter and gauntlets for the Warlock and an exotic gauntlet engram.

Oh well, time to dump all my SCs into Three of Coins and troll/farm the Level 14 Ultra :/ Was hoping he would have a nice exotic for sell that I didn't have.

HEY!!! Wait for me...I'll troll the lvl 14 with ya tomorrow

I'm not sure if it will work with two people cause you have to kill the boss and suicide at the same time.  Unless if say you run in the room, die, I kill the boss and myself simultaneously.  Would that give us each an exotic engram if it dropped though?  

Or are the drops specific to each player now?  Cause if we both got one off only my supply of Three of Coins, then once I'm out, you could take over and I'll run in and die and we could rake in more exotic engrams.  But I want to say that the drops are player specific, so if it drops for me you can't even see it and vice versa.  And we both would have to keep popping our three of coins simultaneously before running in.

Also, if you or I are dead when the other suicide/kills the ultra, would the dead person even get a drop if they didn't kill the ultra?  Or do any damage?  Not sure of all of the mechanics of the game when it comes to stuff like this lol

Code, please provide some insight as to if that would work?  

Eh...sounds like too much work.

Basically, you do the lvl 14 raid, pop the 3 of coins right before the ultra, then die at the same time of killing him?

Yeah, you can bypass almost all of the mobs, you do have to kill some of the yellow ones so it triggers the spaceship to come down.  Then you can basically just jump on the ship and run through until you get to the final door to the boss room.

I usually go to the gunsmith and buy enough heavy ammo clips to equal the amount of Three of Coins I have.  That way I don't have to start over cause I think Code said once you go to orbit, it resets the Three of Coins stacked.  

I pop the three of coin at his door, open it, snipe him 4 times with a sniper rifle, switch to auto and then run around killing the adds and shooting the ultra until he has almost no health.  Switch to my rocket launcher, run up right on him and fire the rocket, blast radius kills me and him at the same time.

You will see the engram drop (or not), then start back outside his door.  Pop another coin, repeat.  I had it down to right at 1 exotic per 5 ToC's last weekend.  Heavy ammo will sometimes drop from the adds in the boss room, but I wouldn't take the chance of not going in with the extra clips.  If you run out, you basically have to start over again and will lose your stack of ToC already applied.  

And you want/need to kill the adds so you get regular and special ammo drops, to keep you going as well.

Its such an easy mission, I usually kill everything going in the first time, takes maybe 10 mins to waste all the mobs and get to the boss room.  It's really not a lot of work or difficult at all once you do it a couple of times.  

If you want, I'll be more than happy to get in a fireteam with you, and show you live how I do it, we don't have to pop any ToCs, so we don't waste them, but you can let the mobs kill you in the boss room and then switch your camera view where it follows me.  

I'm not sure if it will work with two people cause you have to kill the boss and suicide at the same time.  Unless if say you run in the room, die, I kill the boss and myself simultaneously.  Would that give us each an exotic engram if it dropped though?  

Or are the drops specific to each player now?  Cause if we both got one off only my supply of Three of Coins, then once I'm out, you could take over and I'll run in and die and we could rake in more exotic engrams.  But I want to say that the drops are player specific, so if it drops for me you can't even see it and vice versa.  And we both would have to keep popping our three of coins simultaneously before running in.

Also, if you or I are dead when the other suicide/kills the ultra, would the dead person even get a drop if they didn't kill the ultra?  Or do any damage?  Not sure of all of the mechanics of the game when it comes to stuff like this lol

Code, please provide some insight as to if that would work?

It works, the engram will either be there for you when you start again or will go to your postmaster.

Personally, I prefer to do the strikes. I get more blue drops for weapon and armor parts as well as motes of light.

Archived