Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Destiny Thread (PS4 and Xbox One)

Dont Taze Me Bro

If the Iron Banner is giving 300+ light gear, then I'll jump on it when I get home tomorrow morning. I planned on eventually doing the IB Sunday, as I should be able to hit rank 5 for one of my characters within 4-5 hours. But considering the rewards you guys are getting, I'd like to get more opportunities to get all three characters up.

I only played yesterday, rank 2, and got a 304 chest and 310. Definitely some solid rewards.

So, I ranked up my hunter and warlock up to 5 on each.

Had the Heavy machine gun drop, not the best roll though. Will wait before I buy the one for sale, IF I even buy it at all. The 2 heavy machine guns I have are amazing, can's see using anything different.

In my Rank 5 package, I got the IB sniper at 318 and a 310 IB Ghost. Was really happy. Has a great roll. Ambush sight, Max stability, grenadier and Firefly.

For the Rank 5 package on my second character, i only got a 310 Ghost.  I fell lucky that I got as good a weapon as I did on my other character, but I'm hoping when I get my Titan to 5, maybe I'll get lucky again.

Haven't played Destiny since BO3, FO4, BF dropped.  Glad to see Xur is still a greedy **** and not selling anything worth a darn as far as weapons.  

What sucks, the last time he did sell an exotic weapon (auto-rifle, cant remember the name), it was one that I had wanted, but didn't have enough SCs and no time to play to earn enough that weekend :(

Haven't played Destiny since BO3, FO4, BF dropped. Glad to see Xur is still a greedy **** and not selling anything worth a darn as far as weapons.

What sucks, the last time he did sell an exotic weapon (auto-rifle, cant remember the name), it was one that I had wanted, but didn't have enough SCs and no time to play to earn enough that weekend :(

That sucks. Zhalo is getting a buff too. It's going to be OP.

So, me, my son and a buddy just went 9-0 in trials. We got to 7 wins and went up against a team that is pretty well known in the community. They were T bagging us from the first match. They went up 4-1 but my son literally carried us through the rest of the match and we won. Freaking amazing. I'll put the video up later.

Hoping I get something good from IB packages. Played 10 straight matches yesterday and only walked away with a single legendary item, and it was a 281. :/

Glad to see destiny is bringing some year 1 weapons to year 2 stats though! Totally psyched about a year 2 Mida! It was my favorite scout rifle.

• 2 weeks later...

Dang... I need to man up and get some skills if that is your norm Code :)

It's not that my group is so great, after you get the mechanics down, if you have a group with high enough level, he goes down easy. We've done it in 1 damage cycle but usually just 2.

Funny thing is, on Bungie's forum, a lot are complaining that it's too easy. They are not taking under consideration that a lot of people don't have strong raid groups.

Completed the challenge mode easily yesterday on all three characters.

Basically, we did the first part of the raid and when we got to the first loot drop, we changed characters to have checkpoints to save us from having to do the beginning again.

So, we completed the first part and then the Warpriest on all three characters in order to do the challenge and get the challenge loot.  Then, finished the raid on 1 character, will finish the rest this weekend.

Basically, after beating the war priest in 2 cycles with 2 different people holding the aura (the same person cannot do it), we each received a 320 artifact, a 310 artifact a 320 heavy or Special weapon, a 310 heavy or special weapon, a new emblem specific to the challenge and any other random loot that RNG determined that we would get.

The 320 artifact is the main thing.  Up to this point, the best you could do was 310.  So, I've got 2 characters sitting at 318 and one at 317.  Pretty awesome.

It's not that my group is so great, after you get the mechanics down, if you have a group with high enough level, he goes down easy. We've done it in 1 damage cycle but usually just 2.

Funny thing is, on Bungie's forum, a lot are complaining that it's too easy. They are not taking under consideration that a lot of people don't have strong raid groups.

That's a good point.  I was in one group that damn near took him down in one cycle. First cycle, we got him down to about 15% health.  Finished all three characters in about 30 min. 

But then I played sherpa to help a few others through, and it took about 4-5 attempts just to finish one character. 

What's extraordinarily frustrating is that as much as I've played the raid, I've only beat Oryx once on each character on normal (still have yet to finish on hard).  Every time we get to Oryx, someone just keeps screwing up, preventing us from finishing. 

Oh, and I'm excited to do the Golgoroth challenge tomorrow!  Going to be a **** I'm sure. But will still be fun! Need that 320 armor piece.

That's a good point.  I was in one group that damn near took him down in one cycle. First cycle, we got him down to about 15% health.  Finished all three characters in about 30 min. 

But then I played sherpa to help a few others through, and it took about 4-5 attempts just to finish one character. 

What's extraordinarily frustrating is that as much as I've played the raid, I've only beat Oryx once on each character on normal (still have yet to finish on hard).  Every time we get to Oryx, someone just keeps screwing up, preventing us from finishing. 

Oh, and I'm excited to do the Golgoroth challenge tomorrow!  Going to be a **** I'm sure. But will still be fun! Need that 320 armor piece.

Yeah, Oryx is without a doubt, the toughest part.  My group generally cruises through the raid, we have beaten Oryx in 1 try but generally, stuff happens.  We did the raid again yesterday for 2 of our teammates that didn't get a chance during the week and it took 5 or 6 tries.  

The hunter is the toughest because he's the weakest, in terms of health.  I always run the 2 invisibility grenades when I'm on my hunter to help hide when I'm hurt.

I'm really excited for tomorrow as well.  I'm curious as to what strategy we will have to use.  I will be doing the raid about 3:30 pm, so hopefully by then, the word will be out.

Did you see about the Sparrow Racing League?

I honestly don't care, but everyone that I play with is hyped, so I'm happy for them. I will be doing it of course, because you get rewards...LOL

Yeah, Oryx is without a doubt, the toughest part.  My group generally cruises through the raid, we have beaten Oryx in 1 try but generally, stuff happens.  We did the raid again yesterday for 2 of our teammates that didn't get a chance during the week and it took 5 or 6 tries.  

The hunter is the toughest because he's the weakest, in terms of health.  I always run the 2 invisibility grenades when I'm on my hunter to help hide when I'm hurt.

I'm really excited for tomorrow as well.  I'm curious as to what strategy we will have to use.  I will be doing the raid about 3:30 pm, so hopefully by then, the word will be out.

Did you see about the Sparrow Racing League?

I honestly don't care, but everyone that I play with is hyped, so I'm happy for them. I will be doing it of course, because you get rewards...LOL

Yep, that's what I keep running into as well. There are just so many things that can go wrong in the oryx fight.  I like running my hunter with the raid chest piece that gives you extra armor when torn. It definitely helps. 

I have tomorrow off, so hit me up if you want; my PSN is in here a few times.

I did see sparrow racing league.  I guess its cool, but I'm really not all that interested.  What kind of rewards are you supposed to get?

Yep, that's what I keep running into as well. There are just so many things that can go wrong in the oryx fight. I like running my hunter with the raid chest piece that gives you extra armor when torn. It definitely helps.

I have tomorrow off, so hit me up if you want; my PSN is in here a few times.

I did see sparrow racing league. I guess its cool, but I'm really not all that interested. What kind of rewards are you supposed to get?

Not sure about the rewards. Im only excited because it's something new. But, the other guys I play with as well as my son are all hyped.

I'm looking forward to doing the challenge today and well as getting Mida back. Also, finding out how the gun changes are going to play out.

I'll be home all day. My son has a stomach bug so I had to take off. I'll be on for sure. Hit me up!!

Dangit... it's my birthday and I should have had a stomach bug too after that dern game last night.  Well, ****, I will be home by 4pm (I hope).

BUT... here I am am babysitting a bunch of sixth graders during my planning while they do this silent read thing.  (Librarian sick and they got sent to me lol).

We completed the challenge mode for Golgoroth.  It was really hard at first, but we went off of some bad info and tried to do it in a way that was not necessary.  It took us about 10 tries on our first character.  Then, we made and adjustment and got it first try on our second and third characters. Not hard at all as long as everyone is communicating and knows their job.  No one can die.  The rewards were: 320 artifact, 320 armor piece (either chest, legs or arms), calcified fragment, 310 rewards (artifact and armor piece) and any other random Golgoroth drops.  So, if you did last weeks, you have 2 320 artifacts on each character, so if you have an artifact that has perks that you prefer or what ever, you can easily upgrade it to 320.

The Sparrow racing is really fun. I was not expecting it to be fun at all. But, you get a lot of cool stuff from doing them and the 3 of coins works in the races. I got 2 exotic engrams from races.

All the new weapons and armor as well as the upgraded Y1 weapons and armor are now available as well.  

Not a fan of the racing. If you get to level 3, legendary items drop between 310-320.  Sounds worth it, but the grind is insane.  I suck, and have a hard time finishing in top 3, much less winning.  Played for about 30 minutes last night, turned in two bounties, and still only leveled up 300 points. Still need 700 points just to reach level 2. Ugh.....not sure it's worth it.

On another note, I did find the Golgoroth challenge pretty simple as well. I just stayed out of it until somebody was able to finish it and post exactly what the challenge was, so we wouldn't spend hours trying to figure it out. Hunter and Warlock now sitting at 315, and Titan at 314. Need some weapons though.  Keep getting weapons below 315, and ZERO primaries.

Not a fan of the racing. If you get to level 3, legendary items drop between 310-320.  Sounds worth it, but the grind is insane.  I suck, and have a hard time finishing in top 3, much less winning.  Played for about 30 minutes last night, turned in two bounties, and still only leveled up 300 points. Still need 700 points just to reach level 2. Ugh.....not sure it's worth it.

On another note, I did find the Golgoroth challenge pretty simple as well. I just stayed out of it until somebody was able to finish it and post exactly what the challenge was, so we wouldn't spend hours trying to figure it out. Hunter and Warlock now sitting at 315, and Titan at 314. Need some weapons though.  Keep getting weapons below 315, and ZERO primaries.

I'm not the biggest fan of racing games, but I don't mind this. It reminds me more of Mario Cart. Fun rather than competitive.  I do think the new sparrows are cool looking.  Its also an easy way to use the 3 of coins for exotics. 

I'm just going to complete the bounties daily and try to get the higher light gear to infuse into other things.

Of the y2 exotic updates, I"ve gotten so far: Peregrine Grieves, Bones of Eau, The Ram and Nothing Manacles.  I really want Mida and Radiant Dance machines, the new Titan Chest piece and Dragon's Breath. They updated it and its amazing.  I really don't want to buy the Dance Machines from Xur, hoping they drop.

I'm not the biggest fan of racing games, but I don't mind this. It reminds me more of Mario Cart. Fun rather than competitive.  I do think the new sparrows are cool looking.  Its also an easy way to use the 3 of coins for exotics. 

I'm just going to complete the bounties daily and try to get the higher light gear to infuse into other things.

Of the y2 exotic updates, I"ve gotten so far: Peregrine Grieves, Bones of Eau, The Ram and Nothing Manacles.  I really want Mida and Radiant Dance machines, the new Titan Chest piece and Dragon's Breath. They updated it and its amazing.  I really don't want to buy the Dance Machines from Xur, hoping they drop.

I had enough weapons laying around that I ended up buying the Mida and got it up to a 308. It was my favorite year 1 exotic. Love that they brought the Plan C back as well.  That was always my favorite fusion. 

That being said, I'm ready to buy some three of coins from Xur again. Haha.  I stopped for a while because I was fed up with the drop rate (about 1 drop every 10 tries or so).  But with all the new exotics, I'm ready to try again.

Well they do indeed work now for the SRL and Crucible.  On the actual coin now it lists out Crucible.  I got two exotic weapons (Monte Carlo and Plan C) and a helm yesterday in SRL and Crucible matches.

I was disappointed in Xur yet again, only offered the Monte Carlo and I have 2 already.  Then the first exotic I got yesterday was another Monte Carlo, so I dismantled it.  Got a decent amount of purples I could dismantle for legendary coins.

Anyone know how to get the quest for the SRL again?  I had spoken to Amanda (ship person) to start the SRL stuff and get the bounties.  I don't remember how/who, but I ended up with a quest and it had three steps.

The first step was to speak to Amanda.  When I did, it did nothing and would never complete that step.  Step 2 was completing races or something, which it showed me as doing, wouldn't check off that step as done either.  

Then the 3rd step it had highlighted as the current step, I completed 100% of gates and whatever the other piece was and it wouldn't show as completed either.  I kept going back to her and nothing happened.  So I got pissed off and abandoned it thinking it was bugged.

Was hoping I could start it over again and can't seem to get it or find it.  I need to get the SRL armor rewards from it.  Am I just ****ed now?

I realized I could go back to the blueprint thing and get my abandoned quest back.  That thing is bugged.  Showed me having 3 pages of quests abandoned, wouldn't let me go to page 2 or 3, so I had to start taking back other quests I don't care about just to get the SRL one again.

Looking at it, it again says:

Step 1 - Talk to Amanda Holiday - incomplete

Step 2 - Obtain SRL Class 3 License - can't see if it says complete or not, but it's not checked off either and I completed the quest objectives.  It shows completed races 5(5).  For rewards it lists that sparrow.  I looked in my inventory, I have the sparrow from the quest.

Step 3 - lists as the current step.  Earn the Class B license. -   I have to hit 100 gates total and 60 in a single race.  It's making me start that one over.  But I completed that step yesterday and nothing happened at all.  

Is this **** bugged?

Archived