Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Destiny Thread (PS4 and Xbox One)

Dont Taze Me Bro

I don think I have ever used a coin for any crucible thing....does it actually work? That seems like alot of coins for very little return

They work in the crucible.  Basically, 1 exotic per 6 coins on average.  But if there is a cooldown where they don't work, then I might have burned through a few of them not knowing that.

How often are you getting exotic drops in the crucible/iron banner without using any coins?  Cause I rarely get any exotic drops without coins, tons of legendary, very rare on exotics.  So two out of 12 matches where I popped the coins, is pretty frequent.

They work in the crucible. Basically, 1 exotic per 6 coins on average. But if there is a cooldown where they don't work, then I might have burned through a few of them not knowing that.

How often are you getting exotic drops in the crucible/iron banner without using any coins? Cause I rarely get any exotic drops without coins, tons of legendary, very rare on exotics. So two out of 12 matches where I popped the coins, is pretty frequent.

I don't get alot of exotics in crucible. I never even thought to use a coin in the crucible. Might have to try that during my iron banner fighting tonight.

Almost all of mine come from vanguard missions and using the coin.

I don't get alot of exotics in crucible. I never even thought to use a coin in the crucible. Might have to try that during my iron banner fighting tonight.

Almost all of mine come from vanguard missions and using the coin.

Yeah, they updated it to include the crucible a while back.  I went hundreds of crucible matches and got maybe one or two exotics.  Coins work though.  

The only thing I'm trying to confirm if there is a cool down timer on when you can use them.  If I pop one, get nothing in the Crucible match, then pop one immediately before the next match will it work?  Is it wasting it?  Do I need to wait 30 minutes?  etc.

Yeah, they updated it to include the crucible a while back. I went hundreds of crucible matches and got maybe one or two exotics. Coins work though.

The only thing I'm trying to confirm if there is a cool down timer on when you can use them. If I pop one, get nothing in the Crucible match, then pop one immediately before the next match will it work? Is it wasting it? Do I need to wait 30 minutes? etc.

Good question. Have you checked out the destiny forums?

Good question. Have you checked out the destiny forums?

I did a couple of google searches, read some comments in some videos where they say there is a cool down, some say that they stack, so if you pop 3 at a time it raises your chances, etc.  Lot of this stuff is older news too, anywhere from 2015 to April 2016.  

Don't have time during work to search more, will probably try again when I get off work for the day.

Pffft get your priorities straight. Destiny above all

LOL, normally I would agree.  But I'm covering for a co-worker today and tomorrow and have a **** ton to do before the holiday weekend.  I'm taking off Tuesday, plan to game the majority of my 4 day weekend along with firing up the grill.

• 9 months later...
19 hours ago, Aristarchus said:

Anyone getting into the hype of Destiny 2? (Damn that Gary wrecking our vault and loot)...

Already preordered.  Destiny is my favorite game of all time. I generally play daily in some capacity. I believe I'm in the top .08% of time played according destiny tracker.  IMO, no other game gives you as much content for your money.  Story, Strikes, Raids, PVP, Trials of Osiris, Quests etc..  Like every game, it has its faults, but it keeps me coming back. I've also met some of the most amazing people on Destiny.

I usually post vids of my son wrecking but I've actually become a much better PVP player in destiny, which IMO is much harder than CoD or Battlefield.

On 6/30/2016 at 1:02 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yeah, they updated it to include the crucible a while back.  I went hundreds of crucible matches and got maybe one or two exotics.  Coins work though.  

The only thing I'm trying to confirm if there is a cool down timer on when you can use them.  If I pop one, get nothing in the Crucible match, then pop one immediately before the next match will it work?  Is it wasting it?  Do I need to wait 30 minutes?  etc.

There is no cool down on 3 of coins. you are never wasting them unless you take on while another is still active.

7 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I played some crucible last night. I've already preordered destiny 2 for Xbox one. 

Have you done all the 390 level raids? I'm doing the last one tonight.  So much fun doing VoG and Crota now that they have been re done.

10 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I've done Crota. Will be doing VoG tomorrow. 

Cool, VoG is my all time favorite.  Wrath of the Machine is tough. I've only beaten the challenge mode 1 time, actually I've only attempted it once and that was enough.  Tonight we have to in order to get the exotics so I'm not looking forward to it. WotM final challenge is literally the one raid section where  no one can afford to make a mistake.  Sucks... but such a good feeling when you beat it.

I am pretty addicted to Destiny as well. At this point my ps4 is just my direct line to Bungie's servers. I just recently found myself in a Twitch streamer's video during the last iron banner. I particularly like this bit when I wipe out the team on control point C. (I'm the titan that leaps up and hulk smashes all of them).

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/135931086?t=18m15s

I am also a member of a Dads of Destiny clan. 

13 minutes ago, Aristarchus said:

I am pretty addicted to Destiny as well. At this point my ps4 is just my direct line to Bungie's servers. I just recently found myself in a Twitch streamer's video during the last iron banner. I particularly like this bit when I wipe out the team on control point C. (I'm the titan that leaps up and hulk smashes all of them).

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/135931086?t=18m15s

I am also a member of a Dads of Destiny clan. 

nice!

On 4/28/2017 at 6:02 PM, Aristarchus said:

Three years in and I think the Vex is still a myth. Favorite raid is VOG, least favorite is WoTM.

I really like WotM, but, they made the final battle too difficult.  I've completed the challenge several times, but I generally like helping other people. I don't enjoy helping others in WotM because its so hard, people don't want to listen and have a hard time with the mechanics.  Its like for the final battle, no one can make a mistake. With any of the other raids, there is a little room for error. 

On 4/28/2017 at 5:07 PM, bradboyd80 said:

If you see me on, shoot me an invite (b-radLi).  I'll be trying to do all three runs this weekend. 

I'll add you (my psn name is code0rama, the 0 is a zero) I have a solid raid group, but I'm always looking to to more.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived