Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3rd Annual ES Survivor League (aka Suicide League) - And the winner is.......

Bliz

Looks like no one did.

Four of us, including me, are on the Niners tonight.

Someone (btfoom) took the Bengals yesterday, and was eliminated (although Cincinnati was not crossed off on the board which is weird).

Aren't the rules up to the user? Bliz probably didn't take ties into account when he started the league. Either that or it cancels out and the player gets another chance, but has to pick another team.

I'm sure he'll pop in to clear things up.

Aren't the rules up to the user? Bliz probably didn't take ties into account when he started the league. Either that or it cancels out and the player gets another chance, but has to pick another team.

I'm sure he'll pop in to clear things up.

This is 'murica and football. He can't progress with a tie. If this system allows him through he has to commit suicide in the next round.

Yahoo doesn't have many options for the commish to pick in a suicide league, and how to treat ties wasn't one of them.  Pretty much the only options I could set were # of strikes, deadline to make picks, and whether playoffs are included (if more than 2 make it all the way through the season). 

So, we go with the default rules.  Yahoo says btfoom is out, so he's out.  Briefly scanning the web, that seems to be the standard rule in these leagues, that ties are counted as losses.

Everyone else moves on, and btfoom gets a "bad beat" story. 

Kilmer17, China and abdcskins all go out with Dallass.  If you gotta lose, I guess...  Still I will never forgive any of you.

3 left.

This probably isn't as big a problem here, but I wonder how many other Survivor leagues out there just got completely blown up after last night.

:D

Per Yahoo, they were far and away the most popular pick, with 52% of people rolling with them, making them the 3rd most popular pick of the year.  Given how late in the season it is for these leagues, I would guess quite a few.  But all of the other most popular picks won.  So maybe not.

Kilmer17, China and abdcskins all go out with Dallass.  If you gotta lose, I guess...  Still I will never forgive any of you.

3 left.

Hey, it was win-win.  If Dallas wins, I win and am still in the pool.  If Dallas loses, who cares if I'm out because the Redskins just beat Dallas.

Per Yahoo, they were far and away the most popular pick, with 52% of people rolling with them, making them the 3rd most popular pick of the year.  Given how late in the season it is for these leagues, I would guess quite a few.  But all of the other most popular picks won.  So maybe not.

Just looked it up.  If I'm reading this page correctly: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/overallresults

52% of people still alive picked Dallas and lost (as you already pointed out), and that was leaps and bounds the biggest upset, with the previous one being the Seahawks-Rams game in week 7 (picked by 29%).  Percentage-wise, this was the biggest elimination week of the season and it was almost completely attributable to the Redskins-Cowboys game.

Archived