Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Preseason Live package - Issues any body else had problems?

bonesbr549

If you're international then you can watch live

(coughs) Proxy Tool extension(/coughs)

They really screwed everyone by merging the Preseason $20 package into the $99 Game Pass package. Nobody wants that at all

Yep. Looks like the NFL is gonna miss out on my 20 bucks this year. Suckers!

I'm going to pay for it, but I submit unwillingly, lol.

For those of you who have stronger willpower (or just, like, an ounce of it) when it comes to the Skins and can withstand not watching the games live, NFL Network will be replaying the game at 1 am Eastern Time.

So maybe hold out and then go for the trial the next week. Maybe one of the games will be nationally televised. Might be able to actually pull off watching all of them easily without allowing your dignity to be pooped on.

FYI, rollover customers from Game Rewind get a discount. In the email sent on the 31st, it read:

As an eligible NFL Game Rewind subscriber, we’re offering to auto-renew your subscription into the new NFL Game Pass for the 2015 Season at $69.99, a one-time 30% discount to the full purchase price of $99.99**.

Have had Game Rewind each year since 2010. The 69.99 matches the cost of last year's top tier suite of Game Rewind called season plus. 

I remember when Game Rewind first started out, it wasn't much more than 20 dollars for the full fledged thing. Prices keep going up. 

The only issue I have is always being forced to watch the opposing team's broadcast. Seems like the last 2 years I purchased the NFL preseason package, I've only been able to watch it with the other team's broadcast homers.

From memory, when you watch the preseason games live, you have the option of choosing which broadcast you want. After the game is completed, for space saving reasons, they retain only one broadcast thereafter for on-demand viewing. 

Generally they save the broadcast from the home hosting team, or whichever team "won" the game.

I know you're referring to last year because the first preseason game versus New England only has their broadcast of the game despite we being the hosts and likewise "winning" the game. The following home preseason game versus Cleveland was a national broadcast with Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden. 

But, for example, I'm logged in right now and viewing the 2011 1st preseason game versus Pitt, which we hosted, and it's the Redskins network broadcast with Kenny Albert and Joe T.   

I live near Charlotte. They've been showing our preseason games live for a few years now. Panther fans have been pissed about it.

Whaaat?

I live near Fayetteville and I never see them on tv.  They show them on CSN Washington but it blacks out immediately.

What channels do you see them on?

This was Redskins territory for a long time. We still fill half their stadium when we visit Charlotte. I see Skins stuff on cars all the time. We play in Charlotte this year.

Might have to meet up with you PJ.  :D

I've only been able to watch it with the other team's broadcast

So, I've done some more digging on this and I've found, using the last 5 years as reference, that of the 10 home hosting preseason games, there are only 1 & ½ home (Redskins network) broadcasts. 

The half broadcast occurred during the 4th preseason game of the 2011 season. A home game in which we hosted Tampa. Only the 1st quarter and part of the 2nd quarter were broadcast as the Redskins. Abruptly, at the 2 minute warning of the 2nd quarter, it flips over to the Tampa broadcast and remains there for the rest of the game. 

I kind-of remember that happening live as well. 

The one and only home hosting game which has a conjoining home broadcast was preseason game 1 of the 2011 season, versus Pittsburgh. 

That means, currently at the NFL archive, 6 & ½ of 10 home games have the away team's broadcast.

2 of the 10 home games were national broadcasts, espn - monday night football.

Interestingly enough, there is 1 away game, occurring on the 4th preseason game of the 2010 season, @ Arizona, in which there is a home Redskins broadcast. 8 of the 10 away games are the other team's broadcast. 1 of the 10 is a national broadcast. 

In all total:   2 & ½ games of the 20 total are home broadcasts.

14 & ½ games of the 20 total are opposing team's broadcasts. 

3 games of the 20 total are national broadcasts (2 hosted at home, 1 away). 

GamePass does not have the 2009 preseason games available.

This study included seasons 2010 through 2014, 5 years, with a total of 20 games. 

nerd-glasses-with-mustache-pT5pKqpTB.jpe

If you're international then you can watch live

You can use a VPN service like http://gamepass.nfl.com. You will get a different Game Pass page.  Letting you pay for LIVE games for $129 for the year.  Once you start the stream, you can deactivate the VPN (and it will continue) to get your full Internet bandwidth for HD viewing. 

Its just idiotic that the NFL makes those in the 'Merica of the U.S. resort to mess like this to watch out of market games at a reasonable price.

I live near Charlotte. They've been showing our preseason games live for a few years now. Panther fans have been pissed about it.

I think they showed two last year and one was nationally televised iirc, so I paid $20 for one game lol.   I'm not paying $100 for preseason games though, great thing about preseason, I'll just record itthe replay on the NFL Network and watch it the next night and fast forward through all the ****.

Whaaat?

I live near Fayetteville and I never see them on tv.  They show them on CSN Washington but it blacks out immediately.

Might have to meet up with you PJ.  :D

Last season I remember we had one shown on ESPN (Browns) then there was at least one or two more shown.  Was kind of crazy, wasn't expecting it at all.  But didn't really care since I paid $20.  

My guess is that if the regular season games were available immediately after the game was over, more people would drop Sunday Ticket and pay $99 and just watch the games at 4pm EST.  

Man that would have been sweet, all our games except 3 start at 1pm.  And the three that don't are all prime-time games I can watch on the networks.  But with the games not being available until after the 4pm games are over sucks.  I don't want to wait all day and start watching the game at 7-8pm lol.

**** you NFL  :angry:

My guess is that if the regular season games were available immediately after the game was over, more people would drop Sunday Ticket and pay $99 and just watch the games at 4pm EST.  

Man that would have been sweet, all our games except 3 start at 1pm.  And the three that don't are all prime-time games I can watch on the networks.  But with the games not being available until after the 4pm games are over sucks.  I don't want to wait all day and start watching the game at 7-8pm lol.

**** you NFL  :angry:

Can't ruin NFL Sunday by sitting in a dark room with no technology all day 

Whaaat?

I live near Fayetteville and I never see them on tv. They show them on CSN Washington but it blacks out immediately.

Might have to meet up with you PJ. :D

Channel 9. WSOC. ABC affiliate.

I think they showed two last year and one was nationally televised iirc, so I paid $20 for one game lol. I'm not paying $100 for preseason games though, great thing about preseason, I'll just record itthe replay on the NFL Network and watch it the next night and fast forward through all the ****.

Last season I remember we had one shown on ESPN (Browns) then there was at least one or two more shown. Was kind of crazy, wasn't expecting it at all. But didn't really care since I paid $20.

One on ESPN, the other two live and the fourth was tape delayed because we played the same time as the Panthers. If we play at the same time, they tape delay ours. Otherwise, they are live.

Channel 9. WSOC. ABC affiliate.

Guess I'm not catching it out this way.

Would someone post me a legit link as to where I should go sign up, please?

I just want to make sure I hit up the right spot.  I'd really appreciate it.

You can use a VPN service like http://gamepass.nfl.com. You will get a different Game Pass page.  Letting you pay for LIVE games for $129 for the year.  Once you start the stream, you can deactivate the VPN (and it will continue) to get your full Internet bandwidth for HD viewing. 

Its just idiotic that the NFL makes those in the 'Merica of the U.S. resort to mess like this to watch out of market games at a reasonable price.

Is this difficult to do? DirectTV is playing hard ball with me this year when it comes to getting a discount on Sunday Ticket. 

Is this difficult to do? DirectTV is playing hard ball with me this year when it comes to getting a discount on Sunday Ticket. 

It could not be any easier.  Get PIA, install it, then hit this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/comments/2cstpa/nfl_20142015_guide

Set it up, connect it to register and pay, then connect it again whenever you have to login, any other time you can just switch it off.  Don't leave it connected while trying to watch a stream or video because it'll have a negative effect on your connection speed, and it doesn't need to be on at that point anyway.

They've been doing that for the last few years. The only time they have given me deals lately is when my two year contract (from getting a new DVR, etc) is up.  DirecTV hates their existing customers and will throw the farm to new customers. New customers get all of the new technology and old customers like me (24 years) are stuck with 15 year old DVRs. Still, they are the only ones with NFL-ST, and they know it. Got us by the short hairs! And their picture quality and reliability is MUCH better than cable, so that's the only reason I stay with them. But their customer "service" of late sucks!

It could not be any easier.  Get PIA, install it, then hit this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cordcutters/comments/2cstpa/nfl_20142015_guide

Set it up, connect it to register and pay, then connect it again whenever you have to login, any other time you can just switch it off.  Don't leave it connected while trying to watch a stream or video because it'll have a negative effect on your connection speed, and it doesn't need to be on at that point anyway.

Interesting...if i can find a way to stream to my TV from my PC i may have to give this a shot. 

Archived