Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Cross probably went from a top 100 to a top 50 in the combine. As defenses go more and more positionless I could see a lot of teams wanting a fast box safety that can jam and run withĀ  TEs and Slot WRs.and play hybrid LB in certain formations.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Yeah, letā€™s judge him on one game. Not knee-jerk reaction at all.Ā 

Ā 

I'm sorry, I didn't realize his son posted here. I'll refrain from being unimpressed after we had talks of Pitino, Enfield originally

Edited by Barry.Randolphe

I like Shaka Smart. I know he went home to coach at Marquette, but that ain't Maryland.Ā  Ā He could make some noise at Maryland. He's knows the DMV. Maybe he could get guys to stay home. Hopefully, he'll be able to get our guys to play with some defensive intensity and hustle.Ā 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Ā 

I'm sorry, I didn't realize his son posted here. I'll refrain from being unimpressed after we had talks of Pitino, Enfield originally

Enfield got bounced first game too. No stick for him wise ass?

Edited by Long n Left

1 hour ago, philibusters said:

With the acknowledgement I need to learn more about Willard, my early impression is that Willard is the Gary Williams mold.Ā  Good at coaching them up and good game day coach but not a great recruiter.

That is the rub. Will he be able to recruit, especially the DMV, well enough. To be fair, UMD has top level facilities now, but if heā€™s the guy, I hope he brings someone in staff that can recruit the DMV.

Ā 

He is a good Xā€™s and Oā€™s guy, and his kids seem to play hard for him. Maryland is a logical step up for him from Seton Hall. Iā€™ve liked the way heā€™s coached there for a while, so would be happy to see him in CP. Just hope he can recruit well, because Turgeon took off leaving a pretty bare cupboard.

Ā 

Also, I like Enfield, but he just signed an extension, so he ainā€™t coming anytime soon. Pitino would have been fun, but heā€™s not a long term answer, and thereā€™s the attendant baggage.

Ā 

Willard is a quality coach, and will do it the right way.

Edited by Long n Left

I purchased tickets to the 2nd round of the womens tournament at college park hoping VT would be facing Maryland

Ā 

VT lost to FGCU on Friday.

Ā 

Thus I have a 2nd round ticket that I have to "eat" so to speak. Will head out to Xfinity Center for the 2nd time in a few hours. All in for MARYLAND WOMENS BASKETBALL.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I purchased tickets to the 2nd round of the womens tournament at college park hoping VT would be facing Maryland

Ā 

VT lost to FGCU on Friday.

Ā 

Thus I have a 2nd round ticket that I have to "eat" so to speak. Will head out to Xfinity Center for the 2nd time in a few hours. All in for MARYLAND WOMENS BASKETBALL.

You should enjoy this game. Two teams that live to run n gun.
Ā 

Iā€™ve got family in Naples, FL, very near FGCU. When my daughter was playing HS ball, I ran into the womanā€™s team coach, waiting for a flight in Ft. Myers. We chatted for a good 20-30 minutes. Quite impressed by her, and saw she was building a solid program. This was 7-8 years ago, but they have remained relevant, and are a good team. Mens program is solid as well.

15 hours ago, philibusters said:

With the acknowledgement I need to learn more about Willard, my early impression is that Willard is the Gary Williams mold.Ā  Good at coaching them up and good game day coach but not a great recruiter.

Gary's teams actually had offense.

Ā 

Willard's not so much.

Ā 

My hope is that Willard puts together a staff that can recruit and he decides to play at a faster pace.

• Like 1

Brenda is cool I was in the "end zone" across from the normal student section watching, that place was pretty packed. Both sideline sections were filled with fans.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Maryland will play Stanford in Spokane on Friday, on a time TBD.

• Like 1