Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I really just want them to be competitive against the division. No more blowouts.

They're going to struggle once again on defense since all the 5 star LBs ditched out after a year. Hopefully the offense is a well oiled machine and can make up for that. Last year, they got themselves into way too many holes since the defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd down

• 2 weeks later...

Maryland football head coach Mike Locksley took the podium at Big Ten media day and provided a major update: wide receiver Dontay Demus Jr. could be available for the season opener.

Demus, who suffered a gruesome tear of his ACL during a kickoff return last October against Iowa, then injured his foot during offseason workouts, has been rehabbing from surgery and his progress has been encouraging, according to Locksley. He specifically noted that Demus has been hitting 21-22 miles per hour in sprints, meaning his explosiveness and speed are getting back up to par with his natural ability. For much of the offseason, sources said Demus wasn't likely to be available until several weeks into the season or longer.

“Dontay Demus is ahead of schedule,” Locksley said. “Really, really been impressed with the way he’s returned. Our training staff has done a great job getting Dontay back…he’s got that explosiveness back. We do expect him – barring any setbacks in training camp – to be back for the opening game.”

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Jamie Kaiser, IMG Academy, Shooting Guard (247sports.com)

Scrolling through the player rankings tonight I see that 247 predicts Jamie Kaiser to commit to Maryland.  6'6 SG from IMG Academy in Florida, ranked #101 recruit in the country.  Would be another solid signing for Williard.  

Would be a solid signing, and these are the kind of guys Willard got at SH, and won with. But, you’re at Maryland now, and it’s time to take the recruiting up a level or two. I’d like to see some top 50, top 20 recruits coming in.

If you’re going to succeed in the B1G, you need the BIG horses.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Jamie Kaiser, IMG Academy, Shooting Guard (247sports.com)

Scrolling through the player rankings tonight I see that 247 predicts Jamie Kaiser to commit to Maryland.  6'6 SG from IMG Academy in Florida, ranked #101 recruit in the country.  Would be another solid signing for Williard.  

Kaiser is actually a local kid from Burke Va. He'll be attending IMG for his senior season.

He's expected to jump into the top 30 or so when the new rankings are released.

Also, I wouldn't pencil him in for Maryland just yet. 😒

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

People in the chat seem to think he is a lock.  We will see shortly.

He's a Terp!

DeShawn Harris-Smith is the next target, 6'4 combo guard from Paul VI Catholic in Fairfax, VA.  #52 nationally.

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1