Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how to feel about that.  I feel like Pitino's prime as a coach is long gone.  He shined at Kentucky and Louisville but he is turning 70 later this year.  I was sort of hoping for a younger coach who could bring some enthusiasm to the program.  I also don't like the "pay for play" scandals he has been associated with.  It's a meh hire for me.  That being said he is a legendary coach so they could do way worse.

All we need is Pitino for 4 years. Make UMD a household name again with recruits with a few elite 8 or higher runs and the next coach can hopefully continue the recruiting success.

Pitino is a name brand and will own the DC area for sure.

Edit: oh, and I called this a while ago :ols: 

Edited by Barry.Randolphe
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Nice win on Senior night last night. Hart coming up big in the second half, and looks like Fats is having fun now with the shackles off.

As for the coach, I could live with Pitino for a couple 3 years to get this program back on path, but as I’ve said here more than once, Kevin Willard is the guy I want. He has made Seton Hall a perennial top 25 team, imagine what he could do with the resources at Maryland, and the talent in the DMV. Make it happen Damon!