Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Training Camp Tweets feat. DC9 (Super Whatnot Gluton FREE Almond Milk Enriched edition)

what did he say?

http://deadspin.com/stephen-a-smith-responds-to-criticism-updating-1610990770

This is just a train wreck, and Stephen A. doesn't seem to realize just how dumb his monologue is until it's way too late. His central point here, to which he keeps returning after throwing out caveats about how domestic violence is not OK, is that if you are a woman who doesn't want to be beaten by men, you should make sure to do your part by not giving them a reason to do so.

"We also have to make sure that we learn as much as we can," Smith says, "about elements of provocation."

Mike Jones @MikeJonesWaPo 13m

#Redskins training camp: Observations from Day 2 http://wapo.st/1nGZCEJ

Griffin, after having what Jay Gruden described as an “erratic” practice on Thursday, had more zip and precision on his passes. He did particularly well in the mid-range passing game, connecting with his tight ends and wide receivers consistently.

Griffin went 7-for-8 during the seven-on-seven portion of practice with the lone incompletion coming on a dropped ball.

The quarterback said after watching film with his coaches he focused on improving his footwork Friday, and that all of the offensive players paid greater attention to detail.

“Being able to rebound from yesterday offensively [boosts confidence],” Griffin said. “Although the field conditions were better today, I felt like mentally, we were more sharp, and everyone was taking care of what they have to take care of for us to be successful.”

Here are some observations from Friday’s practice:

• Outside linebacker Brian Orakpo had a hot spurt in practice, getting into the backfield twice during a three-play span, and registering what would’ve been a pair of sacks had contact been permitted. On another play shortly after, defensive end Chris Baker got into the backfield and flushed Griffin out of the pocket.
  • Baker got into the backfield later as he got a step on Tyler Polumbus and almost got a hand on Griffin. But the quarterback slid to his left and quickly fired a strike upfield to tight end Logan Paulsen.
  • Inside linebacker, Keenan Robinson appeared to have a better day in pass coverage, and recorded an interception during a one-on-one drill while matched up with Roy Helu Jr.
  • Second-year running back Chris Thompson is vying for the third-down back role and appeared to have a strong practice, particularly in the pass-catching department. Thompson flashed his quickness as he eluded linebacker Darryl Sharpton at the line. Sharpton actually grabbed Thompson as he darted by, but the running back got free, created some space and made a nice catch. Thompson later had a nice pickup on a screen pass from Griffin during 11-on-11 drills.
  • Rookie Lache Seastrunk — one of Thompson’s competitors — didn’t have much experience as a pass-catcher while at Baylor, but he appears to be comfortable in this capacity for the Redskins. Seastrunk during one play in one-on-one drills made a juggling catch with linebacker Will Compton draped over him.
  • David Amerson had a couple of bright spots while in coverage on Pierre Garcon and Andre Roberts. The Redskins’ coaches believe the former second-round pick is ready to take over as the starting cornerback opposite DeAngelo Hall, and thus far, he has fared well.
  • DeSean Jackson again showed off his speed while running an end-around. But what proved even more impressive on the same play was the quickness of left tackle Trent Williams, as the 6-foot-5, 337-pounder got off the line as a lead blocker and took out a defensive back in pursuit.
  • Wide receiver Ryan Grant got the best of fellow rookie Bashaud Breeland during one matchup on Thursday, but on Friday, Breeland turned the tables as the cornerback made a diving pass deflection to deny Grant.

Stephen A. Smith.  What a dolt.

Everyone is too busy being offended to listen to what he actually said. 

All he said was that he wants the women of his family to be aware that you can provoke an attack and to be careful not to do so. 

Nothing wrong with that at all. That society these days though. People WANT to be offended by something you say. 

Traning camp is cool though. 

Not to make this a thread about Stephen A. Smith but I don't see what he said that was wrong. There are woman out here who purposely cross that line with men. They are physically and verbally abusive all the time. And that's not brought up alot. There are a lot (not all) of woman who could do a much better job at controlling their anger during domestic disputes.

This country is getting so soft and fake. Can't talk about anything without people getting deep in their feelings.

Son of Washington @SonofWashington now

REDSKINS TRAINING CAMP BATTLES: DEFENSIVE END ON THE MEND http://wp.me/p2lk1y-5pM  #HTTR #Redskins

Not to make this a thread about Stephen A. Smith but I don't see what he said that was wrong. There are woman out here who purposely cross that line with men. They are physically and verbally abusive all the time. And that's not brought up alot. There are a lot (not all) of woman who could do a much better job at controlling their anger during domestic disputes.

This country is getting so soft and fake. Can't talk about anything without people getting deep in their feelings.

Just ignore it. It's all noise. This country is just noisy.

Everyone is too busy being offended to listen to what he actually said. 

All he said was that he wants the women of his family to be aware that you can provoke an attack and to be careful not to do so. 

Nothing wrong with that at all. That society these days though. People WANT to be offended by something you say. 

Traning camp is cool though. 

As a man, taking steps to prevent provoking an attack from someone else makes sense.  But no woman should ever have to take steps to prevent the provoking of an attack from a man because men shouldn't be physically hitting women. period.  I get what he's trying to say. It feigns reasonability, but when you consider how inexcusable hitting a woman is REGARDLESS of provocation, it's silliness becomes readily apparent.  We don't want to put any onus on the potential victims in a situation where the person in the wrong can never have a good excuse.  

All that said, I'm not outraged by what he said or wildly offended.  I think he should get to say however he feels without being crucified.  Differences of opinion are a good thing.

I don't disagree, I just said he is taking it on the chin. His words are being misconstrued. He is now apologizing to anyone who will listen. That's enough of that though, just thought it was interesting how it blew up. 

Jsteelz tweet nails it. 

Emmanual Benton ‏@Manny_PPI 36m
Defenses are going to have a tough time containing the #Redskins offense. DJax is the game changer they needed: http://proplayerinsiders.com/nfl-player-team-news-features/desean-jackson-game-changer-washington-redskins-needed/ …

“I think this offense is very flexible,” said Jackson in his Friday presser. “Just being able to have the personnel of having J-Reed, who plays tight end that can actually split out as wide receiver… We can get Alfred Morris to come down and run routes of the backfield. Pierre, Santana, Andre and myself, I mean the sky is the limit. Honestly, it is. And at any given time a defense is going to have to be accountable for multiple guys, not just one guy, not just two guys, but four or five guys every play. Just going through the progress and just learning the plays and knowing where everybody is going to be is the biggest thing and RGIII, he’s going to have a lot on his hands because, like I said, there’s going to be a lot of guys open, hopefully. That’s the plan to just make it easier for him, as long as guys are open and he knows where to dish it to, it’ll be fun for us to go run and score touchdowns and make big plays for him. I think that’s what we look forward to.”

[...]Honestly, me and Andre [Roberts] were just talking about it earlier,” said DJax of the offense. “It’s very dangerous and it’s very scary – I’d rather be on the team that has all the weapons. It just makes it easier for Robert. Actually, me and Andre were saying every play somebody has to be open. With me, Tana [santana Moss], Pierre [Garçon], J-Reed [Jordan Reed], Roberts, it’s so many options – Alfred Morris. There’s just so many options that regardless of how you play it, somebody’s going to have to keep an eye on RGIII, because if not, he’s going to run. If somebody doesn’t get double teamed, another receiver is going to be open. So like I said, we’re putting in the effort to go out there and just all be open. As long as we’re all open, it makes it easier for RGIII, so that’s what we look forward to.”

As a human, taking steps to prevent provoking an attack from someone else makes sense.  But no person should ever have to take steps to prevent the provoking of an attack from another because people shouldn't be physically hitting people. period.  I get what he's trying to say. It feigns reasonability, but when you consider how inexcusable hitting a person is REGARDLESS of provocation, it's silliness becomes readily apparent.  We don't want to put any onus on the potential victims in a situation where the person in the wrong can never have a good excuse.  

All that said, I'm not outraged by what he said or wildly offended.  I think he should get to say however he feels without being crucified.  Differences of opinion are a good thing.

Fix'd.

Just got home from Training camp . A few guys that stood out for me was Andre Roberts and Jordan Reed , they were very impressive. Andre was very good with his hands and was sharp on his routes . Jordan Reed is just a solid athlete , and he was a lot bigger than I thought. I also thought Amerson looked sharp as well as Breeland , they are definitely the biggest corners we have. 

Am I missing something about Leonard Hankerson? I did not see him out there. 

Just got home from Training camp . A few guys that stood out for me was Andre Roberts and Jordan Reed , they were very impressive. Andre was very good with his hands and was sharp on his routes . Jordan Reed is just a solid athlete , and he was a lot bigger than I thought. I also thought Amerson looked sharp as well as Breeland , they are definitely the biggest corners we have. 

Am I missing something about Leonard Hankerson? I did not see him out there. 

The "a lot bigger" was the very first thing I noticed when I saw him at camp last year. I stood in the end zone right behind where the TEs were lining up to run pass routes. He was taller & wider than FDavis. He was so freaking smooth in his strides he reminded me of KWinslow, Sr. 

From Keim's piece:

Josh LeRibeus worked with the second offense at left guard; Adam Gettis worked at this position with the No. 3 offense. The Redskins have some tough decisions to make with the backup offensive linemen and need to see how the young players fare at multiple spots. They need to know whether guys such as LeRibeus can handle both spots. LeRibeus played with a good, balanced base Friday. On one snap, he showed exactly that against tackle Kedric Golston and when the latter moved, LeRibeus moved his feet to stay in front. Gettis, meanwhile, still anchors well after getting initially moved back. But sometimes he lets players get too close.

"I didn't have Darrel Young in Cincinatti. If I had I would have used him." Gruden on why he didn't use fullback a lot at #Bengals

it's solid....

1. Gruden on Darrel Young: "D.Y. will be a major part of this offense." As I reported earlier this week, he's safe. #RedskinsTalk

Gruden on Darrel Young: "I didn't have Darrel Young in Cincinnati. If I did, I would have used him."

#Redskins Gruden: "If I had DY in Cincy I would have used him...we're excited" to utilize his talents. #HTTR

1. Jay Gruden confirms that right now Andre Roberts is first string KR and PR. Roberts can play inside and out, right now will have no effect.

2.  Retweeted by Paul Conner

Gruden: seen a lot of growth out of Phillip Thomas, who has shown more than Rambo so far. Rambo still trying to learn from mistakes last yr.

Archived