Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are the coolest names of Skins player over the years

Riggo-toni

Coy Bacon

edit: that was more than 20 years ago though.

I always wondered why bacon needed to be shy in order to attractive.

Diron Talbert

Mike Bass

Ken Houston

Brad Dusek

.... Chris Hamburger Hanburger

/topic

For about 3 years (1972-1974), I actually thought Chris Hanburger's name was Hamburger.  Boy, that was disappointing.

It's Cotton Speyrer.  Pronounced Spire.  Charles Wayne "Cotton" Speyrer.  He was a rookie under Allen and Allen hated rookies, so he traded him to the Colts for Roy Jefferson.

My fault, when I first read it, I read it as "Cotton Sprayer" and just thought it was the silliest thing ever.

There are some really cool names around the NFL, how their mothers ever come up with such names...beats me.

And for some reason I thought it was funny that Joe Washington had the same name as Joe Gibbs and the Redskins.  Man, I was really lame as a kid.

Haha that's not weird at all.  I always laughed at the name of the singer John Denver, because he shared a first name with Denver's John Elway.  And it only made it funnier because he kind of looked like another singer-- Elton John.

Also, another name: 

Scott Turner,

Only because he shared a name with Norv's son

And because he went to my alma mater -- Illinois

And because he complimented me on my Illini hat at Redskins fan day

It only gets stranger because Norv's brother Ron was the head coach at Illinois when I went to school there.

My fault, when I first read it, I read it as "Cotton Sprayer" and just thought it was the silliest thing ever.

There are some really cool names around the NFL, how their mothers ever come up with such names...beats me.I

I originally misspelled it as " Spreyer ", it's actually Speyrer.

Baccari Rambo- The name Rambo is just badass.

Colt Brennan- Sounds like it would be the name of a QB character in a movie.

Clinton Portis- Just sounds cool.

Chris Cooley- His name actually has the word cool in it.

John Riggins-  Riggins- big rig truck.  Semi-trucks seem to be a good match for a smash mouth RB.

Archived