Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Wolf Of Wall Street

DMVRG3

Best movie I have seen since I can remember...

3 hours long, and entertaining for every minute.

If you haven't seen this yet, your missing out. 

There is classic scene after classic scene in this movie.

Five years later, people will be calling this one of the greatest movies ever.

Best movie I have seen since I can remember...

3 hours long, and entertaining for every minute.

If you haven't seen this yet, your missing out.

There is classic scene after classic scene in this movie.

Five years later, people will be calling this one of the greatest movies ever.

Curious, how old are you?

That's cool you liked the movie just curious what your frame of reference is.

I'm confused: Am I supposed to hate this movie because Jordan Belfort? Or am I supposed to love this movie for the acing, direction, etc? Doesn't Belfort still owe a lot of people a lot of money (court ordered) due to his practices portrayed in this movie. Isn't he still making money from this movie and his books? Is watching this movie helping a terrible person? Or is all that overstated? I'm not sure what is truth and what is unsubstantiated rumor...

I actually fell asleep after the scene where Leo and his first employees start flicking the guy off over the phone.

I realized I already saw this movied before when I saw teh Boiler Room.

Boiler Room is a grade-C version of this movie with 1/10th the acting and directing talent. Skipping over this movie because you saw that dreck would be a mistake imo.

I'm confused: Am I supposed to hate this movie because Jordan Belfort? Or am I supposed to love this movie for the acing, direction, etc? Doesn't Belfort still owe a lot of people a lot of money (court ordered) due to his practices portrayed in this movie. Isn't he still making money from this movie and his books? Is watching this movie helping a terrible person? Or is all that overstated? I'm not sure what is truth and what is unsubstantiated rumor...

You're supposed to like the movie because Jordan Belfort was too rich and clearly must have been doing something illegal to get that rich that quickly, and then in the end an average joe schmoe guy outsmarted him because we all know that average joe schmoe guys are smarter than rich guys.  Rich guys only think about money and how to screw innocent people out of their hard-earned savings.  Joe schmoe guys may not look like much but if they are patient and live normally enough the rich guys will make mistakes and the joe schmoe guy will be the hero instead of the rich guy.

You're supposed to like the movie because Jordan Belfort was too rich and clearly must have been doing something illegal to get that rich that quickly, and then in the end an average joe schmoe guy outsmarted him because we all know that average joe schmoe guys are smarter than rich guys.  Rich guys only think about money and how to screw innocent people out of their hard-earned savings.  Joe schmoe guys may not look like much but if they are patient and live normally enough the rich guys will make mistakes and the joe schmoe guy will be the hero instead of the rich guy.

I'm not referring to the plot, I am talking about the actual man. Is he making money off of this movie (and books)? He hasn't paid people back...Doesn't it feel dirty to support this move and Belfort by proxy?

Boiler Room is a grade-C version of this movie with 1/10th the acting and directing talent. Skipping over this movie because you saw that dreck would be a mistake imo.

eh.... not so sure.  The story and the acting was at times so over the top that it started to feel like a spoof.  It's a good movie but it's being over rated.

disagree with everything except the part about skipping this movie because you've seen Boiler Room. I agree with you there, but Boiler Room was a great movie.

I'm not referring to the plot, I am talking about the actual man. Is he making money off of this movie (and books)? He hasn't paid people back...Doesn't it feel dirty to support this move and Belfort by proxy?

Not even remotely.

The real Wolf Of Wall Street is making sure the investors he swindled at the height of his broker days are benefiting from the success of the film - all the profits from the movie are going to them.

He tells Entertainment Tonight, "They're (victims) getting 100 per cent of any royalties that come from the movie...When I first sold the rights, I made money, but (I'll get) nothing going forward".

He adds, "If there's one thing I'd wanna say to the victims is, 'I hope you get a lot of cheques over the next five or 10 years from this movie."

In addition, the money he made from the film rights might get seized as well.

eh.... not so sure.  The story and the acting was at times so over the top that it started to feel like a spoof.  It's a good movie but it's being over rated.

The movie is a black comedy and stylized re-telling of Balfort's story, filled with voiceovers and DiCaprio talking directly into the camera. The "over the top" acting played perfectly within that context imo...not much need for subtlety or nuance. It definitely was not meant to be a character study. That might not be everyone's type of movie, though.

It was good and DiCaprio did a great job as did Jonah Hill ( can't believe his biggest achievement was Superbad not that long ago).

That said, it was certainly not close to Scorsese's best effort. 

Yeah he must have one hell of an agent. Moneyball and then this one...good to see him getting better roles. 

Good article on him taking a  $60k payday to land the role. 

http://nypost.com/2014/01/22/jonah-hill-i-only-made-60000-for-wolf-of-wall-street/

He gave a great interview on The Howard Stern show about getting the part.

Love the story he said about Jon Bernthal  actually punching him in the face when Martin said the fake punch looked too fake. So Martin

asked Jonah to take a real punch from him. Jonah had that "WTF" look and peered over at Leo for help. Leo's response was him

turning his head and looking the other way.

How can you say 'NO' to Martin Scorsese

Also this woman!

Margot-Robbie-Beautiful-Nice-Wallpaper.j

Curious, how old are you?

That's cool you liked the movie just curious what your frame of reference is.

I'm 24.  I'm into all sorts of entertainment, I read a lot of books.  I watch a wide variety of movies/shows.  

Leo just put up the best acting performance in years.  The scene where he took the 15 year old drugs and he was trying to get from the hotel to his car was nothing short of brilliant.  Very few actors could do something like that.

The scene where he gave a gladiator-type speech in front of 150 people was spectacular.  He gave a few of those.  Not to mention the writing was great as well.  

I loved the movie...ridiculously funny scenes, great acting, GREAT directing. Seriously, very impressive direction on this one, some of the scenes are flawlesslly, seemlessly put together in one long take.

DiCaprio was damn near perfect.

In 5 years people are going to say this is better than Goodfellas, The Departed, etc. 

The impact wont be felt right away.  It has SO much replay value.  I've already seen it 4 times (once by myself, and a few times with other people).  Every single time I saw it, I was highly entertained.

I'm usually very critical of movies, and I rarely rate a movie over 8/10. 

The Wolf of Wall Street is a 10/10.

Archived