Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 AL East Champs Baltimore Orioles Thread

MattFancy

It doesn't bother me not getting Santana. I think our team is better than last year and if the young arms produce, we'll be in good shape.

I would have loved a leadoff hitter with some wheels but that is hard to find.

Our team is the better than last year and i think we have a real shot at the divisional crown.

It doesn't bother me not getting Santana. I think our team is better than last year and if the young arms produce, we'll be in good shape.

I would have loved a leadoff hitter with some wheels but that is hard to find.

Our team is the better than last year and i think we have a real shot at the divisional crown.

I would have loved to get Choo

Definitely think this team is better than last year's. We finally solved the DH problem. Our only weak spots in the lineup are LF and 2B. Though both seem to have some guys that could step up and play well.

Our rotation looks pretty solid 1-5 now and that's not even counting Gausman, Bundy or Britton. Bullpen seems solid, especially if Hunter can prove to be a solid closer.

The only guy we lost over the offseason that I was upset about was McLouth. Other than that, Dan did a nice job being patient and waiting for value to pop up in FA. (Maybe that's what the Skins are doing)

• 2 weeks later...

I like how the roster is shaping up. The only thing that worries me now is the closer role. Otherwise, I see no reason why this team shouldn't compete for a playoff spot/90+ win season.

I agree. Closer is really the only big question mark left, IMO. Is Hunter capable? Will Buck just go closer-by-committee?

I agree. Closer is really the only big question mark left, IMO. Is Hunter capable? Will Buck just go closer-by-committee?

I have no faith in Hunter as the closer.  He did have some strong performances last season though.

O's are loaded up with 2B players right now. I have a feeling Machado is going to be out a looooooooong time.  Rumor is the scar tissue is tight and he may need more surgery.  He should be smart about this and think of his long term career. Flaherty will probably be at 3B for the full season.

2B is a bit weak so I'm glad they snagged Lambordozzi.  Weeks isn't that good at batting.  Schoop is fresh talent with limited MLB experience (no reg season starts).  Never really cared much for Casilla (Is he even with the O's anymore?).  Outside of those players, there isn't much competition for the 2B.

Yes Casilla is still on the roster.  It looks like it will either be Schoop, Weeks or Lombardozzi at 2nd and Flaherty at 3rd.  I say Get Well Soon Manny cause an extended period of Flaherty at 3rd will make me lose the will to live. 

Archived