Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 AL East Champs Baltimore Orioles Thread

MattFancy

Thanks for the answer.

But, meh. OD isn't what it used to be with all the out of country starts and some teams starting before the Reds. With Boston being the team, you could make it up later.

The issue isn't about getting it in, it's about the novelty of opening day for the fans. If you have tickets and it's rained out, they would make it up the next time Boston is in town. So instead of opening day ceremonies, you get to attend a game sometime in May? It's not really a fair trade for someone whose goal was to kick off the season.

Even when he was racking up 50 saves I still had a hard time watching. He has got to be the least dominate closer (for lack of a better word) to rack up 50 save seasons I've ever seen. Glad he's gone.

Rafael Soriano has to be up there. Reasons why so many Nats fans--myself included--already despise him just one year in.

Chad Cordero is another that comes to mind. I don't think he ever hit 50 saves but he was right there. Pitching at RFK made him. I still have nightmares of the flyballs be gave up that always seemed to die right at the track, which was like 700 feet away in old-ass RFK.

Chad Cordero is another that comes to mind. I don't think he ever hit 50 saves but he was right there. Pitching at RFK made him. I still have nightmares of the flyballs be gave up that always seemed to die right at the track, which was like 700 feet away in old-ass RFK.

I remember that. And Cordero wore his hat over his face like he was hiding from the batter. 

and Hoes took him deep. :)

And he's their starting RF. I mean, he could hit for playing middle infield...but corner OF? I guess that's the Astros, though. 

And he's their starting RF. I mean, he could hit for playing middle infield...but corner OF? I guess that's the Astros, though. 

I hope the kid succeeds, but there was simply no room for him here and if Norris pans out I'll be more than thrilled with th trade.

Was at the game last night. Jimenez didn't look too bad. Like abdcskins said, he really only made a couple of bad pitches, the Red Sox just made him pay for those. Not sure why the bats have been so silent so far. Outside of Cruz, no one else seems to really be hitting.

Offense has been pretty ho hum. I think the expectations need to be checked, this lineup has potential to be good but it isn't guaranteed in the least. I want to see Jones be more patient this year. And I like Flaherty but man does he go stretches of being absolutely cold at the plate.

I also am sick of Gary Thorne's premature calls. He does it all the time, he called a Davis double a HR. Just sounds stupid.

The pitching wasn't bad this series. But for some reason, the bats just couldn't get going. Hopefully the offense will get going here shortly.

For the most part, the pitching was surprisingly good. Especially the BP. Seems on offense, there's only 1 guy per game who's on. Hard to generate runs that way.

I'm waiting for the O's to start playing in warmer weather before I really start critiquing their batting.  The team hasn't really gotten into a rhythm yet.

And for a team stuffed with talent at the plate, they're awfully quiet so far.

I'm waiting for the O's to start playing in warmer weather before I really start critiquing their batting.  The team hasn't really gotten into a rhythm yet.

And for a team stuffed with talent at the plate, they're awfully quiet so far.

Cal was on the Junkies on Monday I believe talking about how coming out of Spring Training, it takes the hitters a little more time to adjust, especially when playing in the colder weather. Not that Detroit is going to be much warmer, but hopefully we see some improvement. Too much talent offensively to struggle like we have.

Archived