Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

QUOTE FEATURE ISN'T WORKING FOR ME

Skinsfan1311

The quote and multi-quote feature doesn't work for me anymore.

It worked fine, until a few weeks ago.

I did a search, and can't find anything.

Any help, or tips, that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

The quote feature works on other boards.

I'm running Windows 7, if that helps.

Thanks!

LOL!      I love this twisted community!    

I haven't tried changing my browser, because I'm happy with it.  ES is the only board that the quote feature doesn't work on.     I've tried the "Quote" button and the "MultiQuote" button.

Poker...when I hit the quote buttons, I get the reply window, but not the text I'm trying to quote.   When I hit the MultiQuote button, I'll get the little yellow button that show's that there are multiple quotes that can be replied to, but when I hit that button, all I get is the reply window, with none of the quotes that I selected.

Hmmm.....

Click "quote".  When you get to the reply box, click the little "keyhole" thing right next to your avatar.  Then go back & click "quote" on the desired post.  It should send you back to the reply box with the quote, & you'll have to unclick the keyhole again to use smilies.

It's dramatic, but I figured it out, but I still don't know WHY it's happening.  TK was looking into it at one point, I think.

LOL!      I love this twisted community!    

I haven't tried changing my browser, because I'm happy with it.  ES is the only board that the quote feature doesn't work on.    

I had issues after a browser update is why I asked, if another one works it is not the site

The quote and multi-quote feature doesn't work for me anymore.

It worked fine, until a few weeks ago.

I did a search, and can't find anything.

Any help, or tips, that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.

The quote feature works on other boards.

I'm running Windows 7, if that helps.

Thanks!

it is clunky on my browser as well... for some reason pushing the "align left" button seems to jolt it enough to start working again ?

I had issues after a browser update is why I asked, if another one works it is not the site

I installed Kaspersky & had a boatload of updates after that, but this started long before last wknd, when I loaded the K...and I don't have the problem on my phone, which is what I'm using now.

Click "quote".  When you get to the reply box, click the little "keyhole" thing right next to your avatar.  Then go back & click "quote" on the desired post.  It should send you back to the reply box with the quote, & you'll have to unclick the keyhole again to use smilies.

It's dramatic, but I figured it out, but I still don't know WHY it's happening.  TK was looking into it at one point, I think.

I ended up doing this and, obviously, it works.

Thanks!

You're welcome! :)

It only becomes a real pain when you're trying to quote a post from a few pages back...with 40 posts per page now you can spend some time trying to find the right one.

Yes....but it has an unintended, albeit good, consequence.

It'll give me time to re-think my response, before hitting the "Post" button.

Thanks, again!

Archived