Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VIDEO: DeAngelo Hall interview: Locker room did not want RG3 benched

Toe Jam

Dang it, DHALL! What is ES gonna argue about through the offseason now?! WHAT WILL SALLY WRITE ABOUT NOW?!!!

Seriously, 23 needs to be back in the B&G next year.

I hope he is, he played all out from game one to game 16 and didn't just give up like others on the team seemed to do.

Great pull Toe Jam. D. Hall basically pimped slapped Sally Jenkins and her mindless followers.

Defensive captain Barry Cofield after Graziano's piece: [i haven't] not noticed RGIII receiving preferential treatment from [Dan Snyder].

Mike and or Kyle is making this **** up to save their rat faces. How in the hell can we get them to stop?

EDIT: Link to Cofield quote: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/redskins-veteran-barry-cofield-didn-t-see-preferential-172037103--ocid.yahoo.html

"It was never about him"

It's really nice actually seeing a player go on the record and say most of this crap is BS. A respected leader/captain of the team no less.

It sure is a lot more significant than the "anonymous" sources continually trying to dog our QB.

It's interesting that Hall mentions the environment in Atlanta with Vick and how he was such a mega superstar. Hall has experience with it and a perspective that many here could learn from.

It's normal, this isn't a circus as far as the media attention and commercials etc, most of this comes with the territory of being a megastar like this. I think that is lost on a lot of the fanbase and they don't understand, since we have never had a player take over the league as a superstar like Griffin did last year and into this season.

It also futher illustrates that RGIII's benching was nothing more than Mike Shan attempting to bait Rob or Dan into doing something rash.

This thread should be stickied.

I was happy to see that the players saw through that joke benching just as easily as most fans did.

Pierre Garcon today:

@InsideNFLmedia

"When things are going wrong, everything gets blown out of proportion, especially in D.C. with the media."

and

Garcon on QB-WR relationship w/ RG3 in '14: "It’s very exciting. All we have to do now is keep sticking together & continue to work."

https://twitter.com/InsideNFLMedia

If people wants to see the video, it's at

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000311031/Garcon-on-Redskins-It-s-going-to-get-better

I've obviously defended Robert, so I may not be all that unbaised, but watching DHall and Garcon, I just don't get the feeling that the locker room disliked RG3 and they are grinning and bearing just to make nice in the media.  I think football players most of all understand and see the competitive nature of Robert's personality.  That doesn't mean that they don't think Robert made some mistakes or couldn't have done things better, but I think they understand where Robert is coming from and just see a young guy who is really competitive and wants to win.  I'd bet that goes a long way with teammates.

Archived