Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VIDEO: DeAngelo Hall interview: Locker room did not want RG3 benched

Toe Jam

I think

I am so tired of talking about MS...but I'll say this:

If the players liked him (which apparently they did), that's great (if it dismissed back when it happened, then that is irrational) but that wasn't the issue at hand in terms of the fan disdain for MS. It was the team's (as well as his own) performance.

If regards to the RGIII angle, the issue is whether he was liked or not. It seems to be that he is pretty well-liked. And with London's tweet (who has no more ties to the team and thus no real vested interest), it gives the idea more legs.

Its snyder dude.  The common denominator, the destroyer of dreams and locker rooms for 20 years.   

Ed Block "Man of the Year"?  Is that what it was?  So last year Lichtensteiger was the Man of the Year? 

Why do people have to choose one extreme or the other?  I guess it follows with the name of the site.

Bingo.  Both London and DeAngelo spoke out in favor of Shanahan.  It was dismissed then because "why would they say something negative".  But now that it supports a position well of course we would listen to people in the locker room. 

Selective reasoning; best way to explain it. A player stands up for a coach who some dislike, and the player is criticized;  same player stands up for the QB and its happy time on ES.

That is why I don't move next door to Griffin; opinions and comments which don't suit fanboys are quickly dismissed as hate and often criticized because someone gives a personal 'objective' opinion.

I love the D. Hall love.  I guess this post is me feeling vindicated of my miniscule ability to see talent, and all along i said D. Hall needs to be here.  He gives it his all day in and day out.  Sure, he takes chances, but damn, he was a team leader in TDS!

London Fletcher @LFletcher59 1h

@Lizzs_Lockeroom: So @LFletcher59 tell us how the locker room felt about RGIII?”...guys love him, no friction!

So is London looking for a new contract Chipwhich?

Wow you guys just don't get it.  I like RG3 and I think RG3 was part of the problem last year.

London Fletcher is a class act, he won't say anything negative.  What purpose would that serve.  AND BESIDE I NEVER SAID PLAYERS DON'T LIKE RG3.  Please address me for what I say not what I don't say :-)

Dude, just log off for a few hours. You're rambling. Grab a drink or something

Nothing in this thread has anything to do with Snyder.

First I get your point that hearing Haz is staying shook me.  but I think it does, everyone blames Shanny or RG3 for handling the media questions not optimally or leaking information or being too close with the owner.  But I mean the owner should have given RG3 a media team and his family someone to reach out to in regards to PR issues, not just getting press but managing it.  If shanny had a legitimate gripe with the owner player relationship going too far that was likely Snyder's fault vs RG3s fault. 

I mean I don't hate Snyder.  We are kind of neighbors but I do think he should get a GM and truly step back and run it like a successful franchise.

Wow you guys just don't get it.  I like RG3 and I think RG3 was part of the problem last year.

London Fletcher is a class act, he won't say anything negative.  What purpose would that serve.  AND BESIDE I NEVER SAID PLAYERS DON'T LIKE RG3.  Please address me for what I say not what I don't say :-)

He doesn't have a problem being critical of the defense, the cap penalty as an excuse, or "anonymous sources."  If you don't notice a pattern in his tweets today, hey, that's on you.

He doesn't seem crazy about the hire either, thinks highly of some the guys who never got to interview.  Seems to me he is being very open and honest in his post-retirement.  You can say he's only saying nice things, but it ain't the case.  The endorsement was pretty firm.

You spin just about everything that's said into a negative.

Can you blame us?

You spin just about everything that's said into a negative.

Can you blame us?

I responded to a post on why I thought RG3 was considered a diva.  I then was attacked and mocked from everyone.  You can't criticize the messiah I suppose.

He doesn't have a problem being critical of the defense, the cap penalty as an excuse, or "anonymous sources."  If you don't notice a pattern in his tweets today, hey, that's on you.

Show me one tweet where London insulted anyone personally....even slightly.

All this situation did for me was show who to ignore on ES. If you listen to Robert its obvious he is genuine with his will to do anything to win. So he thinks he gives the team the best chance to win, i wouldnt want anything less from our franchise quarterback and would be pissed if he acted like Jason Campbell. Im looking forward to 2014 Griffin III is going to come out on fire after this nonsense all year.

I responded to a post on why I thought RG3 was considered a diva.  I then was attacked and mocked from everyone.  You can't criticize the messiah I suppose.

Criticize his play all you want and believe me there's a lot to be critical of.

But you have no hard evidence about Robert being a me-first player. And when one of us posts quotes from D. Hall, Fletch, or Garcon that shoots down the "sources" you reply with "Well he's just looking for a new contract"

You said, and I quote, "London won't say anything negative."

Defensive struggles where not solely on salary cap #excuses #blahblahblah - this can not be seen as anything but a negative comment toward the defense and the salary cap as an excuse

I think Morris as DC would be great choice! Brings energy & excitement! Would feel pretty good about HC, DC, & OC then! - this sounds like an indictment of Haz, who isn't even out the door yet

Thought about sending my tweets as a anonymous source! - if you cant figure this one out, then hey. I tried.

I haven't seen many of London's tweets before, but he's been pretty upfront today.  Not afraid to say something negative.

Criticize his play all you want and believe me there's a lot to be critical of.

But you have no hard evidence about Robert being a me-first player. And when one of us posts quotes from D. Hall, Fletch, or Garcon that shoots down the "sources" you reply with "Well he's just looking for a new contract"

Listen, you must confuse my opinion with others posts.

What I said about Robert in essence was this.  I was annoyed when he did the SI article in the off season where he basically called out the coaching staff for leaving him in the game against Seattle.  I also was annoyed with his "campaigns" to comeback and the press conferences about returning and ready to play, etc.  I believe it led to the circus surrounding the team this off season, I also believe it led people to believe he was a diva.

That is what I have posted.  I don't need hard evidence because I didn't make any decisions based on media, I made decisions based on Roberts actions.

See you are confused as to why you attack me.

You said, and I quote, "London won't say anything negative."

Defensive struggles where not solely on salary cap #excuses #blahblahblah - this can not be seen as anything but a negative comment toward the defense and the salary cap as an excuse

I think Morris as DC would be great choice! Brings energy & excitement! Would feel pretty good about HC, DC, & OC then! - this sounds like an indictment of Haz, who isn't even out the door yet

Thought about sending my tweets as a anonymous source! - if you cant figure this one out, then hey. I tried.

I haven't seen many of London's tweets before, but he's been pretty upfront today.  Not afraid to say something negative.

You sir are interpreting his statements as you choose.

Found this tweet from London interesting.

London Fletcher @LFletcher59 15m

Defensive struggles where not solely on salary cap #excuses #blahblahblah

Just like Deangelo Hall another leader on the team is refuting Shanahan excuses and Shanahan media cronies continuing to report bogus information.

Are you sure Fletcher is talking about Shanahan?  His next tweet said this:

London Fletcher @LFletcher59 

I think Morris as DC would be great choice! Brings energy & excitement! Would feel pretty good about HC, DC, & OC then!

After his lukewarm reaction to Jay Gruden and his comment that "keeping some of staff saves Skins $," the tweet you quoted seems to be directed toward Haslett, not Shanahan.  Regardless, I don't think it says anything about RGIII's level of responisibility for the team's failure in 2013.

You sir are interpreting his statements as you choose.

Is there much room for interpretation?  If you can come up with a different one, be my guest.

Done with this, but maybe if you're gonna make a claim that you "don't need hard evidence because" you "didn't make any decisions based on media", but instead "based on Roberts actions", you should probably not have such a strong opinion on a piece of "media" that happens to not fit your perception.

Is there much room for interpretation?  If you can come up with a different one, be my guest.

Done with this, but maybe if you're gonna make a claim that you "don't need hard evidence because" you "didn't make any decisions based on media", but instead "based on Roberts actions", you should probably not have such a strong opinion on a piece of "media" that happens to not fit your perception.

Instead of focusing on your interpretations of London Fletchers tweets, please pick any post where I said something negative about Robert that is false or something that didn't come straight from Robert.  I can't believe I am being attacked based on how you interpret London.  Attack me on the merit of my posts, not your sidetrack.

Instead of focusing on your interpretations of London Fletchers tweets, please pick any post where I said something negative about Robert that is false or something that didn't come straight from Robert.  I can't believe I am being attacked based on how you interpret London.  Attack me on the merit of my posts, not your sidetrack.

What attacks?  If addressing your posts is attacking, I'm not sure what you expect.  A message board where we all just posted our opinions without referencing or debating each other in any way would be pretty boring.

The fact that you dismiss London's comments illustrates your bias.  That's why I keep pressing it.  It's irritating that you act like you don't have one, and are just dealing with "facts".  You dismiss a piece of information that disputes your perception on the basis that London wouldn't say anything negative, and yet he has, several times, TODAY.  You deserved to have it pointed out.

It doesn't prove anything one way or the other, but you're defensiveness about it is maybe a little more telling.

You dismiss a piece of information that disputes your perception on the basis that London wouldn't say anything negative, and yet he has, several times, TODAY.  You deserved to have it pointed out.

Please explain to me how London's tweets dispute ANYTHING I have posted about Robert.

Just quote me PLEASE.  I can't argue stuff you make up.

Try this.  Use the quote function and quote something I wrote about Robert.  Then quote a London tweet.  Then tell me how it disputes me.  Thanks!

Archived