Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3:1 of 9 Modern QBs to Always Be Blown Out When Throwing 38+ Passes

ncr2h

...please.

RG3 has made his career off of padding his stats against patty-cake defenses.  We all let it slide for him, why not extend the same courtesy to Kirk?

In 2012, RG3 faced 4 top 10 defenses: Pittsburgh, Seattle, Cincinnati, and Carolina.  In 3 of those games, we met the "blown out" criteria that I set forth in the OP (i.e. down by more than 2 scores with 2:00 or less left in the game).  In the only remaining game, we were down by 14 with 4:00 to go.  So it was almost a blowout.  3 of those game came before he had any problems with his knee, so that excuse is out.  As for the Seattle game, Cousins came in with 5:00 left to go in the 4th, down by 7, after the team's future franchise QB had clearly just blown out his knee.

In 2013, RG3 has faced 2 top 10 defenses - SF and NYG.  SF?  Blowout.  NYG?  Lost by 7, offense doesn't score a TD after the opening drive of the second quarter, and scores only 2 TDs overall.  So let's hand him his goodie bag - our franchise QB didn't get blown out against the worst among the top 10 defenses of 2013.  He just lost by 7.

As for your analysis of blowouts, it's flawed because you give RG3 credit for his John Beck drives at the end of blowouts.  John Beck was a horrible QB who was infamous for racking up his only TDs once his team was down by a ton of points at the very end of games.  If you look at Beck's career, he has still never thrown a TD pass unless his team was down by at least 2 scores late in the 4th quarter.  

RG3 should get no credit for the TD drive at the end of the Eagles game, which would have required (a) a successful onsides kick, and ( B) a successful TD drive with less than a full hand of timeouts.  Expected onsides kicks are recovered about 20% of the time.  Assuming that a successful TD drive was a 50/50 proposition, the garbage time TD game us a 10% chance to win.  That's not good enough.

I used the same criteria for every QB, from Jamarcus Russel to Blaine Gabbert to Peyton Manning.  If RG3 is a franchise QB, why do you insist on lowering all the criteria for him?

ive read enough of your posts to know you arent an RGIII fan and thats cool, but just tell me one thing:

Did you think he was good in 2012?  when he was throwing 20 TDs, 5 INTs, leading the league in YPA in passing, 4th in the league in % percentage, 3rd in QB rating, etc.  Looking at how he played last year, did you think he was good heading into the offseason?

im not gonna pretend he played well this year, he definitely didnt.  but IMO its more about his knee, having 0 offseason, and our defense/ST being a complete brutal hindrance to him.

This all comes from a number of false assumption. 

False assumption #1:  That all offenses are the same, thus all QB's throw the ball 38 times in equal sitations

False assumption #2:  That the blowout is the effect of the ammount of passes thrown

False assumption #3:   Our defense doesnt exist

Assumption #1 is false because the Redskins run a run heavy offense, whereas a team like the colts, or Broncos, does not.  For their team to be successful they HAVE to pass the ball a lot.  For us to be, we have to run it a lot.  It is our gameplan.  Therefore, when Peyton Manning throws the ball 40 times in a game, it is because they are having a normal football game.  When we throw the ball 40 times in a game, its because we are down by SO much that we are desperate for points in a big hurry. 

Assumption #2 ties into assumption #1, it assumes the 40 passes thrown is the cause, when it actually it is the effect.  It is a reaction to being blown out, by already being down by 30 points.  Take the chiefs gave as an example, we were down by 31 points in 20 minutes, we had no choice but to give up on the running game.

Assumption #3 ties into #2.  It assumes that the Redskins defense does not exist, or is normal and customary.  In a way it doesnt exist because its so bad.  But criticizing a QB for a blowout does not take into account how many points the defense allowed.  If a defense allows 52 points, and the QB throws it 40 times, leading his team to 42 points, he has done an EXCELLENT job at QB.  But, its a "blowout" because they lost by 10 points, none of it was a reflection of his play.  A much more accurate reading would be to judge a QB by the number of points the offense put up compared to the number of throws he made, and even that is highly flawed.

So in the end I think this is a good example of how a lot of statistics with poor starting assumption makes for meaningless results.

That assumption is that either a blowout is the effect of throwing too many passes(why 38, why not 37?), or that the reason

That the reason we were blown out is because we threw too many passes

Or that RG3 is not capable of winning a game where he has thrown too many passes.

I've addressed all this before.

Sure, the Redskins are a run-heavy offense.  Unless Kirk Cousins is the starting QB, in which case we are a pass-first offense.  Do you think maybe the coaches look at the strengths and weaknesses of their QB when designing the gameplan?  Do you think that when the coach looks at his depth chart and sees a Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, or Drew Brees, that they decide to let that guy go do what he does best - shred the defense with his arm?  And when the coach sees a guy like Alex Smith, Jason Campbell, Jake Delhomme, he decides that if they're going to win they'll need to rely mostly on the run?  Maybe he decides to run a 2 minute drill at the end of a Vikings game in which roughly 50% of the plays are running plays.  Unless it's Cousins, in which case the 2 minute drill consists of 13 straight passes.

The rest of the excuses you posted would be equally applicable to all QBs on the list, not just RG3.  Due to injuries, Matt Stafford had only 13 starts in his first 2 years.  He was drafted on a team that had just gone 0-16 the year before.  His team was absolute garbage, yet he still managed to win 2 games while throwing 38+ times.  A lot of the QBs that made it into category 1 had garbage defenses, or garbage teams in general.

ive read enough of your posts to know you arent an RGIII fan and thats cool, but just tell me one thing:

Did you think he was good in 2012?  when he was throwing 20 TDs, 5 INTs, leading the league in YPA in passing, 4th in the league in % percentage, 3rd in QB rating, etc.  Looking at how he played last year, did you think he was good heading into the offseason?

im not gonna pretend he played well this year, he definitely didnt.  but IMO its more about his knee, having 0 offseason, and our defense/ST being a complete brutal hindrance to him.

Yes, I thought he was outstanding in 2012.  In hindsight, we did not ask him to do very much with his arm.  Then he blew out his knee for the 2nd time, which seriously altered the calculus - the guy is probably not going to have a 10-15 year career.  His only shot at a career that long is to rely almost exclusively on his arm, which takes away everything he does well and emphasizes what he does poorly.

Honestly your post is more ridiculous.  You didn't provide any evidence to disprove what the OP said. You resorted to childish name calling. 

I have yet to see someone disprove that there is a strong pattern going on in the OP. I have to agree with it.

The OP doesn't qualify as "evidence" that needs to be disproved. It is a cherry picked analysis of bizarre stats that are framed to fit the "RG3 sucks" narrative.

When I watch Kirk play at a high level, I see a guy who can win games in the league. When I watch Griff play at a high level, I see a guy that can win championships.

That's why you trade Kirk and develop Griff.

...please.

RG3 has made his career off of padding his stats against patty-cake defenses. 

It's so sad that everything you researched gets teared down by your bias. 

This is such an ungrateful and irresponsible statement to make and it's pretty obvious that this is personal, not business. 

His 7 game stretch of victory's last year, his efforts which led us to our first playoff game in D.C. since 2000, all that success was based on patty-cake defenses?  You do realize this monster rookie season in 2012 is also part of this "career" right, not just 2013?

RG3's back, let me introduce you to ncr2h's knife ... ncr2h's knife, meet RG3's back.

My thoughts:
There's a lot of talk on this site about the ceiling of Robert Griffin III.  Let's talk about his ceiling and Kirk Cousins' floor, based on the results of this list.  For Griffin, the 2 year show-me period is up.  The absolute best he can be, looking at this list, is a category 2 guy.  That's a Roethlisburger, McNair type guy.  While certainly good QBs, those aren't guys I would necessarily depend on to win me games with their arms in the playoffs.

So, Robert has one of the 3 BEST EVER rookie seasons for a QB and wins rookie of the year (easily) and you say Robert has a ceiling and is a "category 2 guy".  There is no logic here.

When a QB has a "best ever" rookie season, that means there is no ceiling and that he has the potential to be a HOF QB and one of the best ever and the potential to win multiple Super Bowls. 

It's so sad that everything you researched gets teared down by your bias. 

This is such an ungrateful and irresponsible statement to make and it's pretty obvious that this is personal, not business. 

His 7 game stretch of victory's last year, his efforts which led us to our first playoff game in D.C. since 2000, all that success was based on patty-cake defenses?  You do realize this monster rookie season in 2012 is also part of this "career" right, not just 2013?

RG3's back, let me introduce you to ncr2h's knife ... ncr2h's knife, meet RG3's back.

In his 6 wins, RG3 faced the murderers' row of the

#17 (note - Baltimore game, wasn't sure whether to include it or not; I'll probably get ripped on either way)

ranked defenses.  Really impressive stuff.  He threw the ball an average of 22 times per game during that streak, with our team averaging 33 rushes per game.  We never asked him to throw more than 27 times, and we only rushed less than 30 times once.  We rushed a whopping 42 times in the final Dallas game.

In essence, he's a guy that can ride a good run game, but if the defense completely takes away the run, he's gonna lose.  That certainly doesn't sound like the next Aaron Rodgers, which is what people on this cite like to say he's supposed to be.

So, Robert has one of the 3 BEST EVER rookie seasons for a QB and wins rookie of the year (easily) and you say Robert has a ceiling and is a "category 2 guy".  There is no logic here.

When a QB has a "best ever" rookie season, that means there is no ceiling and that he has the potential to be a HOF QB and one of the best ever and the potential to win multiple Super Bowls. 

Ben Roethlisburger, one of the other 2 best ever rookie seasons, is a category 2 guy.  Matt Ryan also had an historical rookie season and is a category 2 guy.  Cam Newton had a remarkable rookie season and is a category 2 guy as well.

In his 6 wins, RG3 faced the murderers' row of the

#17 (note - Baltimore game, wasn't sure whether to include it or not; I'll probably get ripped on either way)

ranked defenses.  Really impressive stuff.  He threw the ball an average of 22 times per game during that streak, with our team averaging 33 rushes per game.  We never asked him to throw more than 27 times, and we only rushed less than 30 times once.  We rushed a whopping 42 times in the final Dallas game.

In essence, he's a guy that can ride a good run game, but if the defense completely takes away the run, he's gonna lose.  That certainly doesn't sound like the next Aaron Rodgers, which is what people on this cite like to say he's supposed to be.

Ben Roethlisburger, one of the other 2 best ever rookie seasons, is a category 2 guy.  Matt Ryan also had an historical rookie season and is a category 2 guy.  Cam Newton had a remarkable rookie season and is a category 2 guy as well.

Agree 100%  I don't understand why this is so hard for posters to grasp.  It's not calculus. 

1) Now, how many QBs get a blowjob on the day they attempt 38+ passes?

Answer: All of them, because they're all multi millionaires

2) How many ops get a blowjob for creating useless thread about arbitrary occurrences in football?

Answer: 0, because they spend too much time thinking about RG3 instead of getting laid.

Hi there. :)

How many new members have bothered to read the Rules here.

You now have time.

I think this topic is really fascinating more for what it reveals about data mining in the NFL.  Someone said that 38 passes is an arbitrary number.  OP sort of admitted that it was.  However, pretty much all stats in football are arbitrary -- there's that ossified gem "Team X is Y and Z when their RB runs for at least A yards per game".  Is that cause or effect?  What's neat about data mining is to set the standards so that they have some predictive value.  Maybe 38 is arbitrary, but what does the bell curve look like when you go up or down a few passes?  Maybe it turns out that given the ebb-and-flow of the game, 38 actually turns out to have some predictive value.  If not, maybe 37 or 39 do.  Then factor in when those passes were thrown.  Maybe there's a significant difference between 38 passes evenly spread throughout the game (i.e., you didn't open heavy on the run) versus when they're more pushed towards the 2nd half.  It's kind of like sculpting.  You chisel data here and there, and if you know what you're doing, you've got some useful results.

Pretty sure both of you are the same person. The system you are using is stupid.

No, we're not the same person.  I would never put as much time and effort into the OP than he did. 

But it's pretty clear there is a pattern in his data.  Is it conclusive? No.  But it  is something to note and is interesting.

It's more fair to focus on Cousins two starts and not the times he was thrown into a lost cause cold off the bench.  For his two starts, his stats are 55 of 88 (67.1%), 710 yards, 5 tds/ 3 ints, and a 99.2 QB rating. 

And two fumbles.

I'm not trying to piss on Kirk, I like him and I think he'll bring some value to the team by way of a trade.

The Browns were #23 overall.  #25 against the pass.

Tampa Bay, the team we played when RG3 got his lone win with 35 pass attempts (not a high threshold - Brandon Weeden and many other atrocious QBs have won with 35+), was #29 overall and #31 against the pass.

I've got an idea - let's trade Kirk Cousins for whichever kicker is the best at onsides kicks.  We're gonna need to do that a lot if we're deciding to rely on RG3's arm to win us games.

You do realize we lost against the falcons with Cousins as the Qb... right?

But we didn't trail by 14 points at exactly the 2 minute mark of the 4th quarter on the 2nd Sunday of the month, thus we did not hit the universally accepted criteria for what is a blowout or not. 

Thus RG3 sucks

Ill have you know, the redskins are 13-0 with RG3 as the QB in the first two seasons...... when we dont lose, and with atleast 1 pass attempt  :ph34r:

You do realize we lost against the falcons with Cousins as the Qb... right?

There are 3 defenses ranked below the Falcons this season, and RG3 has faced all of them.  He has thrown 38+ passes in 2 of those games, and we were blown out it both of those games (Eagles, Cowboys).  The other game was against Minnesota, where RG3 would have met the 38+, non blowout criteria if the 2-minute drill hadn't consisted of 50% running plays.

(sorry for bad formatting)

Tell me this isn't the strangest 2 minute drill that you've ever seen (14 plays, 7 runs):

1. Washington Redskins at 03:36
  2. 3-B.Walsh kicks 65 yards from MIN 35 to end zone, Touchback.
  3. 1-10-WAS 20(3:36) (Shotgun) 46-A.Morris left end to WAS 21 for 1 yard (93-K.Williams; 55-M.Mitchell).
  4. 2-9-WAS 21(3:13) (Shotgun) 10-R.Griffin pass short right to 85-L.Hankerson to WAS 30 for 9 yards (29-X.Rhodes).
  5. 1-10-WAS 30(2:49) (Shotgun) 46-A.Morris left end pushed ob at WAS 40 for 10 yards (41-M.Raymond).
  6. 1-10-WAS 40(2:42) (Shotgun) 10-R.Griffin right end to WAS 45 for 5 yards (34-A.Sendejo; 52-C.Greenway).
  7. 2-5-WAS 45(2:17) (Shotgun) 29-R.Helu left end pushed ob at WAS 49 for 4 yards (21-J.Robinson).
  8. 3-1-WAS 49(2:11) (Shotgun) 36-D.Young up the middle to WAS 49 for no gain (50-E.Henderson; 52-C.Greenway).
  9. Two-Minute Warning
  10. 4-1-WAS 49(2:00) (Shotgun) 10-R.Griffin right end ran ob at MIN 39 for 12 yards (34-A.Sendejo).
  11. 1-10-MIN 39(1:55) (Shotgun) 10-R.Griffin pass short right to 29-R.Helu to MIN 31 for 8 yards (52-C.Greenway).
  12. 2-2-MIN 31(1:28) (Shotgun) 10-R.Griffin pass short middle to 29-R.Helu to MIN 25 for 6 yards (52-C.Greenway).
  13. Timeout #1 by MIN at 01:20.
  14. 1-10-MIN 25(1:20) (Shotgun) 10-R.Griffin pass short middle to 86-J.Reed to MIN 8 for 17 yards (34-A.Sendejo).
  15. 1-8-MIN 8(:46) (Shotgun) 29-R.Helu up the middle to MIN 4 for 4 yards (69-J.Allen; 34-A.Sendejo).
  16. Timeout #2 by MIN at 00:38.
  17. 2-4-MIN 4(:38) (Shotgun) 10-R.Griffin pass incomplete short right to 86-J.Reed (50-E.Henderson).
  18. 3-4-MIN 4(:35) (Shotgun) 10-R.Griffin pass incomplete short right to 88-P.Garcon.
  19. 4-4-MIN 4(:32) (Shotgun) 10-R.Griffin pass incomplete short left to 89-S.Moss.

By contrast, here's the 2 minute drill that Cousins ran in the Falcons game (13 plays, 13 passes):

1. Washington Redskins at 03:25
  2. 5-M.Bosher kicks 65 yards from ATL 35 to end zone, Touchback.
  3. 1-10-WAS 20(3:25) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short middle to 88-P.Garcon to WAS 26 for 6 yards (59-J.Bartu).
  4. 2-4-WAS 26(2:54) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass incomplete short middle to 83-F.Davis (41-Z.Motta).
  5. 3-4-WAS 26(2:50) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short middle to 11-A.Robinson to WAS 40 for 14 yards (25-W.Moore).
  6. 1-10-WAS 40(2:17) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass incomplete short middle to 11-A.Robinson.
  7. 2-10-WAS 40(2:12) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short left to 29-R.Helu to WAS 44 for 4 yards (21-D.Trufant).
  8. Two-Minute Warning
  9. 3-6-WAS 44(2:00) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short middle to 11-A.Robinson to ATL 45 for 11 yards (55-P.Worrilow).
  10. 1-10-ATL 45(1:32) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short left to 15-J.Morgan to ATL 34 for 11 yards (27-R.McClain; 59-J.Bartu).
  11. 1-10-ATL 34(1:05) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short right to 89-S.Moss to ATL 28 for 6 yards (23-R.Alford).
  12. 2-4-ATL 28(:45) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short middle to 89-S.Moss to ATL 21 for 7 yards (41-Z.Motta).
  13. Timeout #1 by WAS at 00:39.
  14. 1-10-ATL 21(:39) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass incomplete short left to 89-S.Moss.
  15. 2-10-ATL 21(:35) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short left to 82-L.Paulsen ran ob at ATL 10 for 11 yards (21-D.Trufant).
  16. 1-10-ATL 10(:28) (Shotgun) PENALTY on WAS-12-K.Cousins, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at ATL 10 - No Play.
  17. 1-15-ATL 15(:28) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short right to 11-A.Robinson to ATL 3 for 12 yards (23-R.Alford).
  18. Timeout #2 by WAS at 00:22.
  19. 2-3-ATL 3(:22) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short left to 89-S.Moss for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
  20. (Pass formation) TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. 12-K.Cousins pass to 88-P.Garcon is incomplete. ATTEMPT FAILS.
  21. WAS 26    ATL 27    Plays: 13    Possession: 3:07

There are 3 defenses ranked below the Falcons this season, and RG3 has faced all of them.  He has thrown 38+ passes in 2 of those games, and we were blown out it both of those games (Eagles, Cowboys).  The other game was against Minnesota, where RG3 would have met the 38+, non blowout criteria if the 2-minute drill hadn't consisted of 50% running plays.

But both the cowboys and eagles had better records than the falcons even with their lower ranking pass defenses. Which just tells you that they have the better team. The falcons, on the other hand, are a BAD team, that we still lost to with Cousins at QB. These random ass statistics that you throw out there dont validate your point. You just come off as someone who dislikes RG3/likes cousins, who has too much time on their hands lol

There are 3 defenses ranked below the Falcons this season, and RG3 has faced all of them. He has thrown 38+ passes in 2 of those games, and we were blown out it both of those games (Eagles, Cowboys). The other game was against Minnesota, where RG3 would have met the 38+, non blowout criteria if the 2-minute drill hadn't consisted of 50% running plays.

(sorry for bad formatting)

Tell me this isn't the strangest 2 minute drill that you've ever seen (14 plays, 7 runs):

• Washington Redskins at 03:36
  • 3-B.Walsh kicks 65 yards from MIN 35 to end zone, Touchback.
  • 1-10-WAS 20(3:36) (Shotgun) 46-A.Morris left end to WAS 21 for 1 yard (93-K.Williams; 55-M.Mitchell).
  • 2-9-WAS 21(3:13) (Shotgun) 10-R.Griffin pass short right to 85-L.Hankerson to WAS 30 for 9 yards (29-X.Rhodes).
  • 1-10-WAS 30(2:49) (Shotgun) 46-A.Morris left end pushed ob at WAS 40 for 10 yards (41-M.Raymond).
  • 1-10-WAS 40(2:42) (Shotgun) 10-R.Griffin right end to WAS 45 for 5 yards (34-A.Sendejo; 52-C.Greenway).
  • 2-5-WAS 45(2:17) (Shotgun) 29-R.Helu left end pushed ob at WAS 49 for 4 yards (21-J.Robinson).
  • 3-1-WAS 49(2:11) (Shotgun) 36-D.Young up the middle to WAS 49 for no gain (50-E.Henderson; 52-C.Greenway).
  • Two-Minute Warning
  • 4-1-WAS 49(2:00) (Shotgun) 10-R.Griffin right end ran ob at MIN 39 for 12 yards (34-A.Sendejo).
  • 1-10-MIN 39(1:55) (Shotgun) 10-R.Griffin pass short right to 29-R.Helu to MIN 31 for 8 yards (52-C.Greenway).
  • 2-2-MIN 31(1:28) (Shotgun) 10-R.Griffin pass short middle to 29-R.Helu to MIN 25 for 6 yards (52-C.Greenway).
  • Timeout #1 by MIN at 01:20.
  • 1-10-MIN 25(1:20) (Shotgun) 10-R.Griffin pass short middle to 86-J.Reed to MIN 8 for 17 yards (34-A.Sendejo).
  • 1-8-MIN 8(:46) (Shotgun) 29-R.Helu up the middle to MIN 4 for 4 yards (69-J.Allen; 34-A.Sendejo).
  • Timeout #2 by MIN at 00:38.
  • 2-4-MIN 4(:38) (Shotgun) 10-R.Griffin pass incomplete short right to 86-J.Reed (50-E.Henderson).
  • 3-4-MIN 4(:35) (Shotgun) 10-R.Griffin pass incomplete short right to 88-P.Garcon.
  • 4-4-MIN 4(:32) (Shotgun) 10-R.Griffin pass incomplete short left to 89-S.Moss.

By contrast, here's the 2 minute drill that Cousins ran in the Falcons game (13 plays, 13 passes):

• Washington Redskins at 03:25
  • 5-M.Bosher kicks 65 yards from ATL 35 to end zone, Touchback.
  • 1-10-WAS 20(3:25) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short middle to 88-P.Garcon to WAS 26 for 6 yards (59-J.Bartu).
  • 2-4-WAS 26(2:54) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass incomplete short middle to 83-F.Davis (41-Z.Motta).
  • 3-4-WAS 26(2:50) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short middle to 11-A.Robinson to WAS 40 for 14 yards (25-W.Moore).
  • 1-10-WAS 40(2:17) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass incomplete short middle to 11-A.Robinson.
  • 2-10-WAS 40(2:12) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short left to 29-R.Helu to WAS 44 for 4 yards (21-D.Trufant).
  • Two-Minute Warning
  • 3-6-WAS 44(2:00) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short middle to 11-A.Robinson to ATL 45 for 11 yards (55-P.Worrilow).
  • 1-10-ATL 45(1:32) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short left to 15-J.Morgan to ATL 34 for 11 yards (27-R.McClain; 59-J.Bartu).
  • 1-10-ATL 34(1:05) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short right to 89-S.Moss to ATL 28 for 6 yards (23-R.Alford).
  • 2-4-ATL 28(:45) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short middle to 89-S.Moss to ATL 21 for 7 yards (41-Z.Motta).
  • Timeout #1 by WAS at 00:39.
  • 1-10-ATL 21(:39) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass incomplete short left to 89-S.Moss.
  • 2-10-ATL 21(:35) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short left to 82-L.Paulsen ran ob at ATL 10 for 11 yards (21-D.Trufant).
  • 1-10-ATL 10(:28) (Shotgun) PENALTY on WAS-12-K.Cousins, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at ATL 10 - No Play.
  • 1-15-ATL 15(:28) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short right to 11-A.Robinson to ATL 3 for 12 yards (23-R.Alford).
  • Timeout #2 by WAS at 00:22.
  • 2-3-ATL 3(:22) (Shotgun) 12-K.Cousins pass short left to 89-S.Moss for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
  • (Pass formation) TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. 12-K.Cousins pass to 88-P.Garcon is incomplete. ATTEMPT FAILS.
  • WAS 26 ATL 27 Plays: 13 Possession: 3:07

Again your system is garbage. You can't compare two drives against two different teams. Playing calling will be dictated base upon the defense and what's been successful during the game. It's not apples to apples.

Your statistical analysis might be factual but it's stupid.

Again your system is garbage. You can't compare two drives against two different teams. Playing calling will be dictated base upon the defense and what's been successful during the game. It's not apples to apples.

Your statistical analysis might be factual but it's stupid.

Do you think the Packers would run a 2 minute drill against the #30 pass defense in the league that consisted of 50% running plays?  How about the Broncos, the Patriots, the Saints?  When you've got a franchise passer, you air it out during the 2 minute drill.  When you've got a game manager at the helm, you might mix in a few more runs to take pressure off of his arm.

Perhaps because of a porous defense we were playing so far behind we were forced to throw... a lot...

Wait, you can't go pointing out holes in this ridiculous logic. 

Do you think the Packers would run a 2 minute drill against the #30 pass defense in the league that consisted of 50% running plays?  How about the Broncos, the Patriots, the Saints?  When you've got a franchise passer, you air it out during the 2 minute drill.  When you've got a game manager at the helm, you might mix in a few more runs to take pressure off of his arm.

Or because the pass protection was downright awful in the 2nd half and you wanted to make sure the offense didn't leave a lot of time remaining for the Vikings to get the ball back since the defense was also awful, they decided to mix in more runs. 

There are a lot of ways you can spin it, few look as crazy as yours though. 

This thread oozes nothing but bias for one QB who wears Burgundy and Gold(who is the current starter), and another who was "shut down" by the dead man walking coach. This sounds like an Atlanta Skins Fan post. I wonder if he's using his saber metrics. Dude, why must you tear down the franchise starting QB for a QB who's had 2 starts in 2 years? I wonder where you were last season when RG3 was racking up POW awards and posting a passer rating + completion % that earned him ROY. Did you post this up last year? My guess is no. Look we have a great situation at QB, when was the last time you could say that? Robert is the starter/will be the starter going forward until someone else says otherwise. This is year 2 and this crap is starting already? 

Do you think the Packers would run a 2 minute drill against the #30 pass defense in the league that consisted of 50% running plays? How about the Broncos, the Patriots, the Saints? When you've got a franchise passer, you air it out during the 2 minute drill. When you've got a game manager at the helm, you might mix in a few more runs to take pressure off of his arm.

You kill the clock. You don't air it out just because. You run what's going to be successful in getting you down field while killing the clock.

Agree 100%.

Archived