Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

holiday fitness... delight!

mcsluggo

how much weight will you gain this winter? (between October and March)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. how much weight will you gain this winter? (between October and March)

• I will lose weight this winter
    • i will hold firm, and neither gain nor lose weight this winter
    • I will put on a few ounces (less than 5 pounds)
    • i will pack on the tonnage (5 to xxxxxxx pounds)

Go for a consult mcsluggo.

My wifes Grandfather just had Lasik a few months ago.

He is amazed at all he can see now (typical of Lasik patients).

i know that they can immediately correct for the loss that has already taken place... but it really is changing fairly fast.  Presumably they don't like to cut as often as you might change glasses prescriptions...right?

(as an aside, my wife got PRK, , but we didn't realize that she was pregnant until after she had it done, and this turned out to be a problem!   apparently hormones associated with pregnancy and breast feeding affect your vision...alot....  and her surgically corrected eyes are calibrated to see perfect AS LONG AS SHE IS PREGNANT or breast feeding.   Well..... she isn't any more   :-s  

and no... practicing doesn't count :) 

aren't your eyes supposed to stabilize a bit before you get PRK or Lasik?   

I had better than 20/20 vision about two or three years ago...  but it is changing pretty rapidly now.  (and not for the better)

I have no idea.  I got it a long time ago.  

i know that they can immediately correct for the loss that has already taken place... but it really is changing fairly fast.  Presumably they don't like to cut as often as you might change glasses prescriptions...right?

I don't think they like to do it more than once in your lifetime.  

I started seeing a personal trainer at the end of October and I've lost 27 lbs.

So unless I fall headfirst off the Wagon I fully intend to lose a lot of weight this winter.

For as long as I can remember I have been self conscious taking my shirt off at the beach.

I have set a goal to be able to take my shirt off at the beach next summer and feel good about it and so far I'm getting the results I'm looking for

I picked the first option, but I have to tell a littler story as to why I picked that option...

I got tired of being a fat dude, so I decided to drastically change the way I eat. Haven't drunk soda since late July I think, don't even drink as much juice/Gatorade anymore either. Started crushing water like it's... water. Started exercising better as well.

I say all that to say, since August, I have lost about 50lbs. I thought I was going to fall back a lot during Thanksgiving, and I did to a certain extent by gaining a 1lb that week, but last week I lost 10lbs and will look to keep the momentum going. I understand at 6'6", I will always be a "big dude", but I ain't trying to be overweight and out of shape anymore. I am past that stage, and I look forward to knocking out some more lbs.

Man good for you two (MLSkins & redskinss). Keep up the good work ... if you can make it through the winter you're more than good!

My fiance is big into fitness. She was a runner in HS and I come from a family of runners ... finally got into it during college and ran a few half-marathons and when I started eating right (the biggest key) I went from about 5'10 and 193 down to 155 in 5 months in 2012. Admittedly, I got pretty skinny, and my fiance, being big on muscle/weight training finalllly convinced me to get in the weight room. She got me New Rules for Lifting and helps me construct the workouts based on their guidelines over 6 months. We simultaneously started eating pale0 (just for the month of Nov.) I basically eat paleo with cheese/occasional bread products, so it wasn't a drastic change.

Anyway, after finally losing all that weight thanks to running over the last couple years, I was worried that if I stopped running it would be too easy for me to gain weight, even if eating right. She told me to give it a month. We lift 3-4 days a week (HIIT training included) ... and I run MAYBE once a week. I'm amazed at the results, honestly. I've maintained weight around 170-172 and gotten pretty chiseled, adding a ton of muscle. I'd go to bat for that method of working out, if anyone was looking for a way to go.

(as an aside, my wife got PRK, , but we didn't realize that she was pregnant until after she had it done, and this turned out to be a problem!   apparently hormones associated with pregnancy and breast feeding affect your vision...alot....  and her surgically corrected eyes are calibrated to see perfect AS LONG AS SHE IS PREGNANT or breast feeding.   Well..... she isn't any more   :-s  

and no... practicing doesn't count :)

it is best to wait till they stabilize, they can go back as long as your corneas are not thin .

lotta factors affect vision that should be considered that too many lasik mills gloss over.

I was a guenea pig when Ralph Berkelely did RK with blades

i should equivocate... i have glasses now, but vision still isn't bad-- it just SEEMS like it is bad, relative to what it was.    I think my vision is 20/30 in one eye and 20/35 in the other?

I have glasses now, but i wear them maybe 15 minutes a week. 

you have just described almost every day between halloween and valentines day. 

Ant there lies the problem ! ---- in my case, combined with the fact that i have cut OUT 2hours (25 hilly miles) of strenuous biking evry work day. 

significantly increase caloric intake, and simultaneuously significantly reduce caloric burn ===  a sure-fire recipe for diet success!

• 2 months later...

awwww man, hech of a bump McSluggs LOL.

Between no beers and eating a little better, I've dropped 14 lbs since January.  I've been on kind of a jail cell workout, nothing but running, push ups and sit ups.  I can see the veins in my biceps again for the first time in a while. 

Been feeling kinda sexy lately, might buy some Magnum PI shorts this summer to show off my legs. 

I want to bike, but there is only one good place around here to bike. So it would be a wasted investment.

I might just buy a stationary home one again. I sold my last one because I got too comfortable with how I was only teetering a few pounds here and there. Pretty comfortable where I am now, but I would like that burn sometimes.

the world waits in silent eager anticipation for spring, and youngchew's scrotehugger shorts.....   :-s

-----------

Queen city is New Orleans, right? .......there is only one place to bike in New Orleans!!!???  

yeah man, time to bust out the pasty mulatto thighs.  :)

Queen City is Charlotte.  ;)

I want to bike, but there is only one good place around here to bike. So it would be a wasted investment.

I might just buy a stationary home one again. I sold my last one because I got too comfortable with how I was only teetering a few pounds here and there. Pretty comfortable where I am now, but I would like that burn sometimes.

instead of stationary bike, you can buy a bike trainer for $100-200 and use your real bike on it. check out cycleops.com. i have a fluid 2 that i got off of craigslist that works great. makes a lot more sense to me to get a "beater" bike (if you don't already have a bike) and a trainer than to drop more money on a stationary bike.

Archived