Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013-2014 NCAA Basketball Thread

China

Clearly in college, having a group of freshmen is not a weakness. You would think some of those guys may not be fully developed yet, either mentally or physically. Apparently not. Not sure if Wisconsin can beat them. Then again I didn't see them beating Arizona and they played unbelievable.

3 out of 4 years the young talented team strategy has resulted in Final Four appearances. I don't know if this same team in another conference would demonstrate the same results we're seeing now, or is it the Kentucky/SEC stage where every game is played like a tournament game. Every team plays Kentucky throughout the whole season like that one game is their whole season, this is why they rush the court after a regular season win against Kentucky even when we're not ranked.

I have no idea how we match up against Wisconsin, none. But watching Kentucky play against Wichita State, Louisville and now Michigan I feel confident, but cautiously so.

I'll say this though for certain, Kentucky was no #8 seed. Oh and I love living in Kentucky this time of year, everyone has one topic on their minds and the whole state shuts down when the game is on.

13530608685_68a97f0b5e.jpg

13530922254_4ae9002872_b.jpg

Glad UConn won. Got sick and tired of these experts talking up Florida as if they were unbeatable. No one gave UConn a chance.

1) I certainly never heard that. Although, granted, I really don't pay any attention to college basketball. (Or any sport other than the Redskins.) I couldn't tell you who the current national champion is.

2) And, just my opinion, but there's no such thing as a Final Four team that doesn't have a chance. It's like NFL teams in the conference championship game: If you don't deserve to be there, then you wouldn't have made it there.

1) I certainly never heard that. Although, granted, I really don't pay any attention to college basketball. (Or any sport other than the Redskins.) I couldn't tell you who the current national champion is.

2) And, just my opinion, but there's no such thing as a Final Four team that doesn't have a chance. It's like NFL teams in the conference championship game: If you don't deserve to be there, then you wouldn't have made it there.

You must have not been watching all the shows leading up to the game. I didn't see anybody give UConn a chance in this game. Not a one. From the ones I seen, most had Florida winning quite easily. I didn't see any of the post game shows, but someone text be and said that, other than Grant Hill, everyone was making excuses for Florida.

I've lived in Kentucky for about 10 years now, married a Kentucky Wildcat 18 years ago and I've been a UK fan since. We've been out of state fans, but living in Kentucky during a deep tourney run is awesome. There is a constant conversation being had where ever you go, people are just in an all around good mood. We were over at a friend's house to watch the game and there were about 40 of us, his neighbor to the right had about 20 over there, and the neighbor to the left had about a dozen all with their own parties all watching the game. And when Harrison hit that three last night the whole neighborhood went crazy, and when Wisconsin's shot rimmed out it was absolute craziness!! Mutiply that same scene by about a million and you have some idea of what Kentucky was like last night.

I have never in all my life lived in a state where it's like this...none.

I love it.

They didn't play much better than an 8 seed prior to the tourney though man. 6 at best. They are pulling some NY Giants type of games right now. Congrats.

During the season, yes I completely agree. However, looking at their play from the SEC tourney. I certainly wasn't looking for a 2 seed or anything, but an 8 seemed very low, but so far the boys have handled everything.

Archived