Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

B Mitchell Just Ripped The Redskins A New One(And I Agree With It)

RichmondRedskin88

He basically said the defense can hold its head up after this game. They did their job.  He said the offense was bad and "Special teams completely sucked and ruined Redskins chances of winning the game".  He said Shanahan made comments about young players in his press conference.  He said "I don't buy that stuff for second.  You were out hustled. If you are gonna get outhustled you aren't be winning any games.  These young players should be busting their ***es to make it in this league. If they can't hustle during the game they don't belong on this team. Period."

You know I know B Mitch can talk like a tool sometimes but I can't argue this.  Plus he wouldn't be yelling like this if he didn't care about the direction of the team.   The dude was going off.

I know Mitchell says things to get people worked up, and I've disagreed with his opinions plenty of times, but I've met the guy and I really wish there were a place for him within the organization. I wish he could get into scouting or coaching because he's one hell of a guy and he really embodies what those Joe Gibbs teams were all about.

Oh and for the record, he's 100% correct here.

I know Mitchell says things to get people worked up, and I've disagreed with his opinions plenty of times, but I've met the guy and I really wish there were a place for him within the organization. I wish he could get into scouting or coaching because he's one hell of a guy and he really embodies what those Joe Gibbs teams were all about.

Oh and for the record, he's 100% correct here.

Maybe he could come on as a coach of special teams :lol:

As a player, B Mitch was one of the best and is one of my favorite past players.

As a commentator he is money. By that I mean, he is mostly about getting people riled up and listening.

Really though, he is Captain Obvious and Major Obnoxious. You hear better commentary from "some dude" at the bar.

Doesn't mean he is wrong though.

The Rook :)

In reality, Shanny can't really do anything about special teams.  We found a good kicker and we have a punter that is alright.  You cant spend money on coverage where there are limited funds.  

Or.  In reality, Shanahan has had 3+ years to address the special teams and has failed.  I'm sure we're all glad to hear that the team is gonna focus on it in practice this week.

the dude balled for us and obviously cares. So did Smoot.  

Or.  In reality, Shanahan has had 3+ years to address the special teams and has failed.  I'm sure we're all glad to hear that the team is gonna focus on it in practice this week.

then be contradicted by RG3 saying they worked on that during Camp lol. 

OP can you post a link or something? 

In reality, Shanny can't really do anything about special teams.  We found a good kicker and we have a punter that is alright.  You cant spend money on coverage where there are limited funds.  

you also can't spend money to have the refs call blocks in the back.  Or can you... 

I know we like to say our defense did it's part, and in reality it was put in bad situations, but let's not act like Dallas was particularly gunning for yards.  They didn't need to.  They had td drives of, what, like 3 and 15 yards?  When murray went down they became completely one dimensional as well.  Our defense didn't lose this one for us, but it's not like they put on a show out there.  They couldn't stop drives when it was needed, and the cowboys were content with throwing quick outs all day.  The Dallas d clearly outplayed ours despite us putting up more yards.

When you don't have the money to pay the depth on your team, STs suffers. Mara beat us Sunday.

If OMG was back on teams, you think they score twice? No. If we had starters starting in the secondary and back ups on teams, you think we give those scores up? No.

RG3 showed a lot of improvement and so did our defense. We did much better on 3rd downs and if thoseFGs were TDs, we win that game. If we had all our SC money, that game would have been a blow out.

It is an asinine commentary... BMitch and others do realize that most of the players on ST either play offense or defense, correct? Most everyone is lauding the defense for their effort.... so those same players tried really hard and hustled on defense, but not when they took the field to cover kicks? OK......

When you don't have the money to pay the depth on your team, STs suffers. Mara beat us Sunday.

If OMG was back on teams, you think they score twice? No. If we had starters starting in the secondary and back ups on teams, you think we give those scores up? No.

RG3 showed a lot of improvement and so did our defense. We did much better on 3rd downs and if thoseFGs were TDs, we win that game. If we had all our SC money, that game would have been a blow out.

You can "If only" things all day but we've got to be used to this stuff by now... Injuries, salary cap, whatever it may be, all teams deal with. granted not every team got deducted 36 million, but it's the NFL. It's the coaches job to field the best possible players, and if Shanny feels he is putting the best possible players on the field, then we simply do not have a very good roster... Simple as that

I'd really like to see some player moves, asap! Something or someone needs to shake this team up. A London Fletcher pre-game pep talk simply won't cut it. And I am not stating 'rebuild' and 'blow up' either. We have a decent foundation, just not enough talent.

When you don't have the money to pay the depth on your team, STs suffers. Mara beat us Sunday. .....

Mara didn't coach us to whiff on tackles/ take bad angles/ have no cohesion as a ST collective unit/ commit a multitude of dumbass penalties week in, week our, season in, season out on teams/ constantly punt bad et all. 

Mara and the cap B/S hit this team hard.

But Mara and the cap B/S is getting WAY too convenient an excuse for fundamental piss poor play when lesser talented teams than ourselves look more professional, organised, better disciplined and frankly know what the Hell their doing on Sundays continue to out perform ourselves through better prep. and Coaching. 

That's on US. Not Mara or anybody else. 

Hail. 

Blah blah blah....very typical rhetoric from BMitch, and many other former players who don't offer much in the way of actual analysis.....It always boils down to "hustle" and "heart" etc etc.

Actually he did offer up some analysis other then the rant.  He mentioned after Dallas accepted the penality and forced the re-kick, Rocca should of kicked it out of bounds because the coverage unit was winded.  He also brought up hang time which didn't allow the coverage unit to get down field and gave Dallas a better opportunity to set up a return. 

Archived