Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Letter From Danny

william1970

Hi to all in the USA!

1. I am a Redskins fan to the day I die. Been 3 decades now. I love them more than ever.

2. I don't care if we go 0-16 for the next 50 years! Winning isn't what makes us true fans.

3. I've had a lovely letter from Danny Snyder. Thanks Dan!

4. I TOTALLY AGREE! WE ARE THE REDSKINS - It's who we are.

5. Dallas are ready to be beaten. STUDY THAT FILM FROM THEIR LAST GAME. They can score; but they can be scored upon. We can turn our season around - It's not too late.

SO LET'S TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE WASHINGTON.

WE ARE THE 'REDSKINS'

WE ARE THE BURGUNDY AND GOLD.

HTTR!

Now go kick the hell out of Dallas! I'll be watching in the early hours of Monday morning!

Warm Regards,

William,

Somewhere in England.

Must admit, when I saw the thread title and one reply from Jumbo, I thought "Uh-oh, another pc r not pc thread."

Glad it's not. Here's to our British brethren across the pond, especially those of Scottish descent.

Mi buen amigo, speaking generally, please don't tie me to any concerns either for PC-ness, or for those who regularly whine about "the horrors" of PC-ness. I find both "sides" are usually comparably stupid in most such discussions.  :P

Do feel free to tie me to plenty of other forms of stupid, since you know me here, and I likely would be guilty.  :blink:

Mi buen amigo, speaking generally, please don't tie me to any concerns either for PC-ness, or for those who regularly whine about "the horrors" of PC-ness. I find both "sides" are usually comparably stupid in most such discussions.  :P

Do feel free to tie me to plenty of other forms of stupid, since you know me here, and I likely would be guilty.  :blink:

Ha ha. As I've gotten older (and wiser mind you) when someone from either side of the PC argument tries to talk to me I literally zone them out and think to myself "Those sautéed veggies with olive oil and garlic were splendid last night. I think I'll have it for dinner again tonight." I come back just in time to hear them say "Know what I mean?"

There are so many PC issues out there and I simply don't waste energy on any of them. Take the name change for example. If it happens? It happens. Do I like it? Not really. Do I care? Perhaps. Does it affect my life if they do? No. Which is the final factor in whether or not I choose to go into a PC tirade. I don't.

Everybody wants their voice to be heard. The internet as much as I love it has changed the world as we know/knew it.

Maybe that's what REM was referring to.

KG, this is two days in a row where a post brings an old Wordsworth favorite to mind: "The world is too much with us."

And he cast that observation about 200 years before the internet. Imagine his take now.  :lol:

He'd probably be found dead from self-asphyxiation.

Mi buen amigo, speaking generally, please don't tie me to any concerns either for PC-ness, or for those who regularly whine about "the horrors" of PC-ness. I find both "sides" are usually comparably stupid in most such discussions. :P

Do feel free to tie me to plenty of other forms of stupid, since you know me here, and I likely would be guilty. :blink:

Sorry, I worded that poorly - what I meant was I thought this was gonna be another thread on the insta-ban topic of name-change, what, with the title of letter from Snyder. I in NO WAY meant to insinuate any of the mods were pc-ish...was referring to the pcness of changing the Skins name. Usually I'm a bit more articulate....must be Friday.

0-16 for 50 years? 50 #1 picks in the draft and we still can't win a game dangit.

This post put a pretty big smile on my face!! When your having a rough day it's posts like this that make you see the humor in life.

Archived