Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something Positive To Look Forward To Following Bye Week

#98QBKiller

You guys are right, I was wrong about Jackson being a starter but I have to imagine that he'll be heavy in the rotation. He really was a playmaker when he was starting last year, especially late in the season, and like others have said, having him in the lineup with Kerrigan and Orakpo will only free them up more. 

So with Jenkins and Jackson coming back...who do we release?  Assuming Kai Forbath is healthy, we ditch Nate Potter.  But whose the other guy?  And what if Forbath isn't healthy?

From Zac Boyer,

The #Redskins have released Phillip Merling and John Potter.

Jarvis will be dishing out some crow in Dallas for all you doubters to eat. He was coming on strong at the end of last year, and he looked good to me in preseason. I expect him to play well.

RJax has been my boy for a while. I guess I'm VP of the Rob Jackson fan club. It will be good to have him back in the mix. The guy makes plays, and we could sure use a few on that side of the ball.

Oh, and **** Dallas.

I just wanted to add that at this point Michael Wilbon said the NFC East is full of bum teams.  And it made me angry.  He added that we're probably the worst division in football.

Good, then we have at least 5 winnable games on our schedule.

I just wanted to add that at this point Michael Wilbon said the NFC East is full of bum teams. And it made me angry. He added that we're probably the worst division in football.

Wilbon is a blowhard and a nincompoop.

But he's not wrong that right now the NFC East is the worst division in football.

The entire division has 4 wins total out of a possible 16, and 2 of them are intra-division.

In 2 weeks, a 2-3 team could be leading the division.

It's pretty bad.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/10/01/jarvis-jenkins-rob-jackson-participate-in-redskins-practice/

Jarvis Jenkins, Rob Jackson participate in Redskins’ practice

Linebacker Rob Jackson and defensive end Jarvis Jenkins were on the practice field Tuesday with the Washington Redskins. Their four-game suspensions for violations of the league’s drug policies have expired.

“Today I didn’t feel rusty at all,” Jackson said following Tuesday’s practice. “It was pretty simple. We ran the base plays. So I just reacted and I felt like I didn’t miss a beat today.”

Jackson was suspended for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy. Under the terms of that policy, he was able to be at the team’s training facility during his suspension. That wasn’t the case for Jenkins, who was suspended for a violation of the sport’s policy on banned performance-enhancing substances. Jenkins had to be away from the team.

“I really didn’t feel disconnected,” Jenkins said. “Even though I wasn’t here, my [fellow defensive] linemen still texted me. I was still texting a lot of guys. …I was a little out of the loop because I wasn’t there. But the communication was still there.”

The Redskins were granted one-week roster exemptions for Jackson and Jenkins. Even so, the team acknowledged Tuesday that it released place kicker John Potter and defensive end Phillip Merling. Potter had filled in for injured place kicker Kai Forbath for three games.

This was the Redskins’ final practice of their bye week. Players are off until Monday. The team next plays Oct. 13 at Dallas.

Wilbon is a blowhard and a nincompoop.

But he's not wrong that right now the NFC East is the worst division in football.

The entire division has 4 wins total out of a possible 16, and 2 of them are intra-division.

In 2 weeks, a 2-3 team could be leading the division.

It's pretty bad.

Agreed on all points...NFC is as weak as it has been in a very very long time...usually there is at least one team that jumps out and takes control of the division early in the year. Now...we all suck.

I like our opportunities as the year progresses though.

Time won't help the Gmen's holes along the OLine and lack of run game

Time won't help the Eagles' lack of a defense

Time won't help the Cowboys' lack of depth...and once the injuries start to pile up...you will see the inevitable Dallas collapse

However, argueably, time does help the Skins...RG will continue to work his way back to his old self...time will enable our rookies in teh secondary to get more acclimated to the NFL...I think that we will eventually come out on top of what will be the weakest division in the NFL this year.

Archived