Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

I think there's enough there as far as {potential} to grab Henderson to play LG if he's there in the 5th. If you sign a FA to replace Chester ... grab Hendeson in the 5th to be a versatile option along the line. Don't make him a day-1 starter, keep Licht there ... but boy what a weird depth chart that would be. LG 1 is 6'3 280 LG 2 is 6'7 350 haha

Lich I highly doubt is our LG next year 

See, with Henderson I felt the same way if he was his listed height at 6'8 (making him the tallest guard ever), but measuring in right under 6'7 has me more comfortable with the notion. The cinci LT moved in to LG and has almost exactly the same measurements as Seantrel, and he was fantastic at guard this year. Also that one huge draft bust in Oakland moved in to guard at 6'7 and played well enough there. Henderson manhandled defensive ends in college without really using great leverage, he has a ton of brute strength, but I don't know how that looks matched up against DT's. He would seem to have the size to handle NT's and the quickness to deal with 3 techs and you wouldn't have to worry how he performs in space.

Eh, I was never really impressed with Hendersons run blocking in college. I think we could draft him and see if he is a better fit at tackle or guard. I think we really need to see what we have in Hurt, Gettis , Compton, Walton and Lerib before we go balls to the wall in drafting offensive linemen. I do think Henderson has a better chance of playing guard than tackle though.

Lich I highly doubt is our LG next year

I think Kory might be a better fit at center actually. He's always had a lot of quickness and Been a good pass blocker, but if he is at center he might have an easier time blocking linebackers in space then trying to move defensive linemen.

Alright, question for everyone.

I can't decide who I like better between the pair of LSU DT's, Anthony Johnson and Ego Ferguson.  I really like how quick Johnson is at the snap, but Ferguson seems better at fighting with his hands (I'm lacking the correct term here).

Does anyone have a preference between them?  In the 4th/5th round range I've been thinking about guys like those two, Caraun Reid, and Justin Ellis.  We need to develop more youth along the D-Line. 

We're paying a lot of money for the (due to twice torn ligaments in the same knee) marginal Stephen Bowen, (terrible quad injury) Adam Carriker, and Kedric Golston.  We don't really have anybody to replace them with either.  Young lineman to groom behind Cofield, Baker, and to possibly replace Jenkins (when his rookie contract is up).  I feel like we would have seen more signs from Neild if he was going to step up.

Alright, question for everyone.

I can't decide who I like better between the pair of LSU DT's, Anthony Johnson and Ego Ferguson. I really like how quick Johnson is at the snap, but Ferguson seems better at fighting with his hands (I'm lacking the correct term here).

Does anyone have a preference between them? In the 4th/5th round range I've been thinking about guys like those two, Caraun Reid, and Justin Ellis. We need to develop more youth along the D-Line.

We're paying a lot of money for the (due to twice torn ligaments in the same knee) marginal Stephen Bowen, (terrible quad injury) Adam Carriker, and Kedric Golston. We don't really have anybody to replace them with either. Young lineman to groom behind Cofield, Baker, and to possibly replace Jenkins (when his rookie contract is up). I feel like we would have seen more signs from Neild if he was going to step up.

We need to go dline in the 2nd and probably again later. I want Lamar Houston in FA too

We need to go dline in the 2nd and probably again later. I want Lamar Houston in FA too

I hate need in the 1st or 2nd round.  I don't really want to draft an O-lineman in round 2, but if he's BPA, I'm fine with it.

There are a few positions I want to focus on in the 2nd round though, D-Line is one of them.  ILB is possible (although I doubt Mosley falls), I'm ecstatic for certain possible WR's.  There seems to be a decent shot for either Allen Robinson or Odell Backham Jr. falling to our pick.

So if guys like Donald, Jernigan, and Tuitt aren't there at #34, what do we do?  Trade down or go BPA?

I hate need in the 1st or 2nd round. I don't really want to draft an O-lineman in round 2, but if he's BPA, I'm fine with it.

There are a few positions I want to focus on in the 2nd round though, D-Line is one of them. ILB is possible (although I doubt Mosley falls), I'm ecstatic for certain possible WR's. There seems to be a decent shot for either Allen Robinson or Odell Backham Jr. falling to our pick.

So if guys like Donald, Jernigan, and Tuitt aren't there at #34, what do we do? Trade down or go BPA?

Obviously go BPA unless a good enough deal presents itself. The real question is if Odell Beckham is there and someone like Hagemen who do we pick?

Obviously go BPA unless a good enough deal presents itself. The real question is if Odell Beckham is there and someone like Hagemen who do we pick?

Yeah, if there isn't someone you absolutely love, try to trade back. Speaking of which, as much as I would like to keep our picks given how early we pick each round, I think trading back a couple or more times makes sense with the number of players we need to add/holes we need to fill.

Duke,

Congrats on the new gig. Keep living the dream. Thanks for helping a new guy out even if he is an old dog. Thanks also for the Ellis footage. Love him at 5 nervous at 4 but too high at three.

Gotta disagree on interior line though. IIRC we tried Lich at center and Monty at lg and both were terrible. Monty has no speed or quickness to pull and Lich had no anchor. Think that Monty gets bowled over at 298? Cory at 285 is not do-able unless he has the strength of Aaron Donald( see what I did there...) I like Jackson at #3 for brute and a late round T to guard conversion like Johnson from Vandy or Thomas from Clemson next to Trent. After that or rather BEFORE that I think we sign a high quality tackle and convert him to the right hand side-that way if something happens to Trent we don't lose the whole season. That, by the way is why we cannot trade Captain Kirk. Yet. As for Rak-4@36 or franchise. If we can trade him we free up 8 million plus which is two starters in free- agency and the 1st and 3rd picks he would bring. I love Orakpo but 4 for 1? Just saying.... It's late. I'm tired. anyone else chime in and keep me from turning in....

Good question. Love Hageman's skillset but hate his inconsistency. Don't know why but he reminds me of Big AL or Sean Gilbert. Plus I don't think his style is what Haslett or Burney are looking for. As to the others? The only one who can 2-gap is Donald and I doubt he'll be there at# 34. Robinson, Beckham or Landry? Each can stretch the field. Love Landry's hands and make-up. Beckham's acceleration is awesome and Robinson can run away from you or go and get the bad or high toss. Let's go get Rg3 Bolden to go with Garcon then get the TE from Notre Dame in the 4th. Robinson or Robinson(Allen or Aldrick) can stretch the field while Te's balance the formations and work the middle of the field. Love Bell but those concussions mean Paulsen and Paul.Then we add a few swing passes and screens to Helu mixed in with a heavy dose of Almo and an occasional zone-read and we are are back to 2012. Even defense and special teams won't be able to screw us up.

Duke,

Congrats on the new gig. Keep living the dream. Thanks for helping a new guy out even if he is an old dog. Thanks also for the Ellis footage. Love him at 5 nervous at 4 but too high at three.

Gotta disagree on interior line though. IIRC we tried Lich at center and Monty at lg and both were terrible. Monty has no speed or quickness to pull and Lich had no anchor. Think that Monty gets bowled over at 298? Cory at 285 is not do-able unless he has the strength of Aaron Donald( see what I did there...) I like Jackson at #3 for brute and a late round T to guard conversion like Johnson from Vandy or Thomas from Clemson next to Trent. After that or rather BEFORE that I think we sign a high quality tackle and convert him to the right hand side-that way if something happens to Trent we don't lose the whole season. That, by the way is why we cannot trade Captain Kirk. Yet. As for Rak-4@36 or franchise. If we can trade him we free up 8 million plus which is two starters in free- agency and the 1st and 3rd picks he would bring. I love Orakpo but 4 for 1? Just saying.... It's late. I'm tired. anyone else chime in and keep me from turning in....

We actually had Rabach at C with Lich at LG and then Montgomery at RG IIRC. 

Listed from the official weigh-in measurements of the Senior Bowl.    

Height                                               Arm                     Hand       Wing

A.  72.500 inches = 6.041667 Feet (6'0" ½)       31 1/8 in = 31.125 in         8 ½ in          76 ¾

B.  74.875 inches = 6.23958   Feet (6'2" ⅞)       32 ¾ in = 32.75   in        10½ in          79

Weight

A.                       225

B.                       218

Sliding Lich to OC and Monty to RG might just work, or at the very least will mean we only need to pick up one interior lineman instead of 2 this offseason.

I really like Martavis Bryant in the 3rd.  He was always was stuck behind Watson, but anytime you have a kid who runs somewhere around a 4.3 with 6'5" height he warrants looking at.  He's got all the physical tools to be great at this level.  Boyd was good with deep passes to Bryant and RGIII can certainly do the same.  Give him a year to develop his route tree and play in this offense and he could be really good.

I'd love Kelvin Benjamin or Davante Adams in the 2nd too, but I would take Hageman or Donald there over them if they're still there, or if by some miracle Mosley drops, him there.

Sliding Lich to OC and Monty to RG might just work, or at the very least will mean we only need to pick up one interior lineman instead of 2 this offseason.

I really like Martavis Bryant in the 3rd.  He was always was stuck behind Watson, but anytime you have a kid who runs somewhere around a 4.3 with 6'5" height he warrants looking at.  He's got all the physical tools to be great at this level.  Boyd was good with deep passes to Bryant and RGIII can certainly do the same.  Give him a year to develop his route tree and play in this offense and he could be really good.

I'd love Kelvin Benjamin or Davante Adams in the 2nd too, but I would take Hageman or Donald there over them if they're still there, or if by some miracle Mosley drops, him there.

I like Bryant and Abberderis more than Benjamin and Adams. 

Good question. Love Hageman's skillset but hate his inconsistency. Don't know why but he reminds me of Big AL or Sean Gilbert. Plus I don't think his style is what Haslett or Burney are looking for. As to the others? The only one who can 2-gap is Donald and I doubt he'll be there at# 34. Robinson, Beckham or Landry? Each can stretch the field. Love Landry's hands and make-up. Beckham's acceleration is awesome and Robinson can run away from you or go and get the bad or high toss. Let's go get Rg3 Bolden to go with Garcon then get the TE from Notre Dame in the 4th. Robinson or Robinson(Allen or Aldrick) can stretch the field while Te's balance the formations and work the middle of the field. Love Bell but those concussions mean Paulsen and Paul.Then we add a few swing passes and screens to Helu mixed in with a heavy dose of Almo and an occasional zone-read and we are are back to 2012. Even defense and special teams won't be able to screw us up.

Big Al mightve been a scrub but he was one of the most dominant players in the NFL and made some extraordinary plays (the bears game where he drove the tackle into cutler). Hagemen reminds me of Calais Campbell.

We've already seen Monty at G before and it wasn't pretty. I only think that Lich and Williams should return from this current OL 

I think Monty isn't that bad at center, I think his poor play this year was a product of the guards getting beat constantly, which negatively impact him.  He was great in 2012, and I think if we upgrade Chester and possibly Lich we could see him return to that form.

What round do people honestly expect Telvin Smith to get drafted?  Due to his weight...I can't really decide.  I mean, I'd love to grab him in the 4th...but he probably won't be there.

He's a 2nd round talent. I think he's a Top-50 guy, personally. We'd be fortunate to get him in the 3rd. If we wanted him, and assuming we were waiting until the 3rd for a possible slide, likewise didn't somehow get an additional 2nd round selection by virtue of something, (and additionally he was still there), we would have use #66 on him, to actually get him.

Come to think of it, might not even get a chance at Smith in the 3rd. I actually don't think so myself.

If he runs what I think he can run at the Combine, (fast), while adding the weight that I think he will add, (good weight), someone taking him end of 2nd sounds about right.T

Too many guys, in that mold, have been selected in recent memory, for it to not hold water.

I think Monty isn't that bad at center, I think his poor play this year was a product of the guards getting beat constantly, which negatively impact him. He was great in 2012, and I think if we upgrade Chester and possibly Lich we could see him return to that form.

He didn't even play badly this year. He was still above average.

I don't know exactly how this happened but Carl Bradford actually did sign with a sports agency, "Athletes First," and is entering the draft.

He's reportedly squatted 641 pounds!

Last time I checked on his weight room stuff: http://es.redskins.com/topic/369991-2014-comprehensive-nfl-draft-database/?p=9591488

He had lifted 605, 3 times, in the Squat & Power Cleaned 400 (max).

Bradford is one of my favs in terms of pure clay, athlete, to mold.

Archived