Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

sportingnews.com: Preseason rankings: Look west to find NFL's three best teams

Seattle at #1, Haaa! They had no answer for an injured Redskins team until RG3 got hurt and fumbled the ball. What would have happened if Seattle was playing a healthy Redskins team with RG3, Orakpo, Kerriker, Merriweather and Davis all playing healthy? Does anyone think that would have even been a close game? I sure don't. Half their schedule was against the Special Olympics! The Redskins ran the table after a 3-6 start, and did it without key players and probowlers against the Super Bowl Champs and a few others fighting for the division title and playoffs.

The 2013 Redskins have the potential to beat any team in the NFL this season, and they better stay healthy in order to win the East with the schedule they have this season, they are playing some of the leagues best this year. If they manage to win the East this season, I don't think there's a team in the playoffs that can stop them.

Seattle at #1, Haaa! They had no answer for an injured Redskins team until RG3 got hurt and fumbled the ball. What would have happened if Seattle was playing a healthy Redskins team with RG3, Orakpo, Kerriker, Merriweather and Davis all playing healthy? Does anyone think that would have even been a close game? I sure don't. The Redskins ran the table after a 3-6 start, and did it without key players and probowlers! The 2013 Redskins have the potential to beat any team in the NFL this season, and they better stay healthy if they want to be a contender with the schedule they have this season. If they stay healthy and win the NFC East again this season, I don't think there's a team in the playoffs who can stop them.

I agree if Griffin didn't get hurt ,even with our bad secondary there was no team to stop us .The Ravens didn't want to see RG3 again.

P.S. love that bedded icon  p..... on Dallas LMAOROFGFA!!!

Competitive division?

Honestly, do they even bother to look at the Cowboys and see that Aikman and Emmitt are gone before they just spew this junk out?

they don't have the big huge offensive line anymore, their defense is lacking, their coach is a joke, they last had a winning season in 2009.

The Cowboys haven't finished over .500 in the last three straight years. 

So they draft a center with a stupid beard because Tony Romo sits to pee likes the cut of his jib..  chuckle chuckle.. , and bring in OLD-ass monte Kiffen and his OLD ass defense to fix things, and suddenly they're on the verge of being one of the top ten teams in the league?

How do they write this stuff?

(I know how..  Cowboys fans are numerous, and like to buy magazines that fluff up their pride.)

the Eagles..  well, we all know how awesome college boy coaches do when they come to the NFL with their whiz-bang college boy offense. 

Q: What did Chip Kelly do just recently?

A: Deposited his FIRST EVER NFL PAYCHECK.

This guy's never even been a TOWEL BOY at this level, and I'm supposed to buy into his magical offense that will turn their HORRIBLE offensive line into anything overnight?

Oh, but it's the Eagles, and the eagles have been all this and all that for the last 12 or so years, and WHO CARES.

IT"S OVER. PLEASE EXIT THE RIDE TO THE LEFT.

Thank you for coming.

The Giants are a dangerous team, and the fact that while the Cowboys have been floundering in mediocrity the Giants actually went and Won a SUPER BOWL is somehow completely overlooked by the Sporting News.

The Giants W-L record may look a little sketchy, but truly, they are a team capable of beating anyone, any time. MUCH more so than the oh-so-average Cowboys. The giants are ranked about right. Dallas should be down near 20th-25th.

WHO fears them?

These preseason rags would be MUCH better if any of them bothered to put any thought in their "analysis" at all.

~Bang

Honestly, I feel like I'm in some bad episode of the Twilight Zone or something. I have heard & read numerous articles or reports where these so-called "experts" claim the Cowboys are going to win the East for various reasons. One of them basically said that it's because it's "their time to". Really? How come there's never a time when they say that about us? (I'm not really asking, but merely pointing out the ridiculousness of the statement itself, as if it is an entitlement).

The Cowboys are a joke. Year in & year out, they fail on just about every level to advance to the playoffs or win a game in the playoffs. It's not always Romo sits to pee's fault, but he can't be ruled out either. And the funny thing is, every year, without fail, when the Cowboys choke & trip over themselves yet again, these "experts" always seem to have excuses, especially for Romo sits to pee. The OL sucked, his WRs didn't help him, the running game wasn't there, the defense didn't stop anyone. They never seem to say things like, "Well, they lost because Romo sits to pee threw 5 INTs in the first half they simply couldn't recover" or "at crunch time when he needs to step up & lead the Cowboys to victory, he makes poor decisions that often cost them the games". It's always someone else's fault.

Now, to some level it's hilarious to me that these dipsticks continue to act like the Stepford clan when it comes to the Cowboys, it's also getting a bit old & tiresome to hear the same crap spew out of these idiots every year as if to be reading recycled reports from previous years so as not to have to do any real research. Heck, half the analysts on NFLN are openly Cowboys fans & make no apologies for it. It's just about worse than ESPN. 

Well reports out of the Park are that RG3 is well aware of the perception that the Skins have and is using that as motivation.  So that's good.

Where did you hear/read that?

Chris Russell tweeted it awhile ago.

I think the Vikings are probably one of the most possible to be better then us from who people are dissing in the posts I've seen. But their defense definitely is questionable this yar I feel.

The Rams and Cowboys on the other hand... Rams I wont believe in until they finally do it one year, and cowboys always finish 9-7 to 11-5 record but never do anything else. So they may have a decent record but definitely are not better then Skins.

Seems like he's throwing a lot of "Hail Marys" out there.

Oye ve.

Spell checking:

Oy vey
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

200px-Oy_vey%21_brooklyn.png
magnify-clip.png
Sign at the city limits of Brooklyn

"Oy vey (Yiddish: אױ װײ), oy vay, or just oy — or even more elaborately oy vey, oh weh! — is an exclamation of dismay or exasperation meaning something like "oh, pain" or "woe is me".

why are you all worrying about what some writer says about the Redskins? Polls and preseason picks are generally about 80 percent accurate and almost always are the same lineup as how teams finished last season. Look at Atlanta and their division, Denver, San Fran, Seattle, G.B, Minn. The only exception to this is usually the Redskins because people love to hate the Redskins for some reason...well actually its probably because the Redskins have been in the same class as Cleveland and Jacksonville for the last 15 years. Perennial losers and cellar dwellers and turmoil and coaching changes and bad QB signings.  Folks. It will take more than ONE single winning season to change anybody's mind...except the die hard Skins fans like us.

haha

"How good are the Seahawks? Just ask their unofficial spokesman,Richard Sherman, the self-proclaimed best cornerback in the league."

Richard Sherman is the LAST person you ask about that, or anything.  He openly trolls and rah-rah's.  

The Seahawks and Redskins both had great hot streaks to end the year.  And I think the Redskins run is far more convincing.  At least on offense.  The defense may have out-performed itself, but another thing folks forget is that there were 0 starters playing safety, along with Orakpo gone, and the return of all those players (along with additions) should be noted.

It was weird how quickly we got used to the Redskins just throwing up a quick 24 points.  Remember?  We were blowing people out in damn near most of the games, and every time, the defense gave it up.  It was this crazy, unstoppable offense, and what exactly should change about that?  The writer ACTUALLY says it's NOT because of RG3's injury, which would be the ONLY reason to think the offense won't continue to dominate.  They outscored the NFC East, and were the 4th highest scoring team in the league, not to mention PRETTY MUCH sweeping the division.  The offense did, anyway.  5-1 is good enough to not be able to say:  "oh, well the division's pretty competitive derr the cowboys are pretty talented".

The Redskins OWN the division in a different way than any other.  Statistically, psychologically, everything.  The second game wasn't enough to figure out how to stop the offense, I don't imagine the 3rd will be much different.  As of NOW, the NFC East can't stop the Redskins, and they're likely to beat the Redskins via "bounce of the ball", as they say, if anything.

And most of all, if any of this truly bothers me, is that no one acknowledges the usual premise of rookies/a young team growing and getting better.  Has anyone ever SEEN such potential from a young team, I mean are you kidding me.  How can you not predict that it might show signs of being even better with experience.  The idea of RG3 and Morris as veterans, the idea that Shannahan can really coach now, really run with what he's got, the idea that (since offense is pretty much covered) more time and effort can be spent fixing defense.  

I know these writers just must not have the time to research every little team, but a lot of folks are acting like the Redskins weren't this unstoppable, mesmerizing offense in 2012.  A whole season's worth, that SHOULD be pretty convincing.  But nah, the Redkins didn't "do enough".  Just what the hell else were the Redskins supposed to do??  This is garbage.

The sense I get from many in the national media, is that they think last season was essentially a flash in the pan, and the Redskins will remember they are "the Redskins" this year.  Regardless of the fact that the entire team has returned except Lorenzo, and RG3 looks to be healthy.  This is the fourth year of the Shanallen plan, etc. etc.  I also think that many are just haters honestly.  

The bottom line, there is no justifiable reason that the Redskins should not be expected to be at least as good as last year's team this season.  No reason at all.  Will they?  Remains to be seen.   

I can't just write off the majority of mediots as haters, they really aren't that invested in our team. The way I see it is pure laziness, they have this "same old Skins" template that they use and anything that doesn't easily drop into that pigeonhole gets tossed out.

I have seen a lot more critique from the local writers, valid questions that stem from having some actual knowledge of the team, but to me that's fine, that's what I want them to do. If some random Yahoo yahoo wants to skip the work and write the Skins off, who really cares?

The bottom line, there is no justifiable reason that the Redskins should not be expected to be at least as good as last year's team this season. No reason at all. Will they? Remains to be seen.

There's one reason... Griffin. I can understand downgrading the skins a bit due to his health concerns, but it should come with a caveat (regarding his health).

What many miss is that, even with the much publicized lack of a 1st round pick, there's potential for improvement at virtually every position.

Archived