Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

gotta tell the grandkids about Curry someday

He's as exciting a player to watch as I've ever seen and I grew up watching Jordan. Now I'm not saying he's close to as good, but his style of play can best be described as "video game".

I'm thinking every Clipper Warrior game is worth watching this season.

• Like 1

I would guess drugs, but you never really know what kind of mental illness someone might be battling. Still, it seems unlikely a guy could hold down a roster spot in the NBA if he were suffering from a serious psychotic condition.

Hopefully it was just some sort of drug induced crisis and he can get over it. He had really gotten his career on track.

What happened?

http://deadspin.com/reports-miami-heats-gerald-green-had-to-be-restrained-1740630820

• Like 1

I would guess drugs, but you never really know what kind of mental illness someone might be battling. Still, it seems unlikely a guy could hold down a roster spot in the NBA if he were suffering from a serious psychotic condition.

Hopefully it was just some sort of drug induced crisis and he can get over it. He had really gotten his career on track.

http://deadspin.com/reports-miami-heats-gerald-green-had-to-be-restrained-1740630820

Yea...the whole thing is bizarre. 

Read that Mario Chalmers was with him and went to the hospital w/ Green as well. 

Chalmers may not play tonight with a "sore ankle."  Weird. 

According to TMZ, the 911 call placed said Green was unconscious and bleeding. 

Anyways....

crazy stat I just saw.  Going back to last year's all-star break (34 games), Steph Curry is shooting 51% from 3. 

Anyways....

crazy stat I just saw.  Going back to last year's all-star break (34 games), Steph Curry is shooting 51% from 3. 

if you only watched him, that number would seem low lol

Tim KawakamiVerified account

‏@timkawakami

Steph Curry set the NBA record by making 286 three-pointers last season. He is currently on pace to make 459 this season.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

if you only watched him, that number would seem low lol

Tim KawakamiVerified account

‏@timkawakami

Steph Curry set the NBA record by making 286 three-pointers last season. He is currently on pace to make 459 this season.

It's unreal what he's doing.  It may have been you that brought it up, but I thought it was a great point...

Why can't Steph be considered for the MIP award?  If he can keep his scoring average around 35ppg, and have an insanely high PER (combined with shooting efficiency), then you'd have to consider him right?  His pace right now is obviously going to fall off...but he's somehow elevated his game to an almost unfathomable level.  What he's doing right now (to me), is 100000000000000000000x more impressive than what guys like McColloum, Beal, or Alphabet are doing on their respective teams.  It's no knock on them, but if we're talking about player improvement, then Steph should be it. 

• Like 1

It's unreal what he's doing.  It may have been you that brought it up, but I thought it was a great point...

Why can't Steph be considered for the MIP award?  If he can keep his scoring average around 35ppg, and have an insanely high PER (combined with shooting efficiency), then you'd have to consider him right?  His pace right now is obviously going to fall off...but he's somehow elevated his game to an almost unfathomable level.  What he's doing right now (to me), is 100000000000000000000x more impressive than what guys like McColloum, Beal, or Alphabet are doing on their respective teams.  It's no knock on them, but if we're talking about player improvement, then Steph should be it. 

he won't get it because MIP seems to be reserved for the "this guy we didn't know about is really good" or "the guy we expected to take a leap, did so"

"What a great contract"  hahaha

Did anyone connected to the NBA think that last Kobe deal was anything but a disaster the moment it was announced?  I mean other than delusional Laker fans and management that still think they'll turn into a great team any day now for no reason other than "we're the Lakers". 

Even Jurgen Klinsmann trashed that deal.  When random people from other sports are stopping to point out just how stupid a contract extension was, you know it's bad. 

Pleased with my Hornets the past 4 games.  Yes I know we lost two in a row to the Hawks, but we were in the game until the end, lost by 3 and 2 with a chance to tie the game at the buzzer.  

Finally we have some perimeter and 3 point shooting.  Big Al dropped about 20lbs, hopefully that will help him stay healthy throughout the entire season.  We went on the road and destroyed the Bulls and now, if it holds up, should take care of the Mavericks in Dallas (up 18 right now).

It's a shame that MKG got a season ending injury.  Just hope we can keep up the pace and make a push for the playoffs.