Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Personally, if he retired today, I'd put him in

I would have said that post 1980, an MVP in your trophy case is a sure ticket to the HoF. But Derrick Rose is not on track to be a HoFer any more.

An MVP plus a ring should be enough though. But just to be sure, another MVP or another ring would definitely clinch it. I think it'd be enough for Curry to eclipse Chris Paul as the best and most accomplished PG of this generation.

Disappointing starts for Houston and New Orleans so far.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

I don't think MVP is the most important aspect of Steph Curry. He's already got one and a ring, but what he'll be remembered for is his shooting. His path to the HOF is 3pt shooting records and how he gets his shots. No one has ever seen a combination of ball handling and shooting like his.

MVP is just the tangible hardware for his HoF resume, not the skill that gets him in.

Which active players are going to the Hall?

The NBA HoF is pretty inclusive. So a lot of current players are getting in. My list:

Recent retirees who are locks:

- Kidd

- Nash

- Allen

- McGrady

Obvious locks among active players:

- Kobe

- Dirk

- Duncan

- KG

- LeBron

- Durant

- Wade

- Paul

- Pierce

Not locks, but a very good bet:

- Melo

- Vince

- Bosh

- Parker

- Curry

A much less strong bet, but still a solid bet:

- Pau Gasol

- Manu

50/50. Need to accomplish more:

- Marc Gasol

- Dwight

Need to do a lot more to make it, probably won't:

- Aldridge

- Love

- Rose

Too early to know, but they're on track. Could change in a hurry because of injury:

- Westbrook

- Harden

- Griffin

Not going to make it:

- Anyone from the Thibs Bulls drafted before 2010

- Stat

- Marion

- Any of the 2004 Pistons

- DWill

- Rondo

Recent retirees who won's make it:

- Bynum

- Roy

- Arenas

I didn't include anyone drafted after 2009. I can't even tell if anyone from the 2010 class is on track.

Dwight Howard is a lock in my eyes for the hall of fame, I don't see why there's so much debate about that among basketball folk. Seems like an obvious choice.

multiple time DPOY, rebounding machine, pulled a team to the finals, beating LeBron in the process. the numbers plus the hardware make him a lock

If he retires tomorrow, he's in.

I see Pau & Melo as a locks, probably Parker too

Edited by StillUnknown

Remember when Curry had "bad ankles"?

Yep. I remember getting him in like the 8th round of a fantasy draft the year he blew up.

Remember when he wasn't supposed to have an NBA position? A skinny college wing without the strength to play SG and the skills to run point. Jesus.

I don't think anyone saw him becoming one of the greatest players of his generation in his first three seasons. But he's achieved so much now, and he's pretty much conquered his weaknesses. Couldn't stay healthy. Been a rock the past two or three seasons. Not a real PG. Became an excellent facilitating PG. A turnstile on D. Played good defense last season. Only the true greats transform and elevate themselves like Curry did.

Dwight Howard is a lock in my eyes for the hall of fame, I don't see why there's so much debate about that among basketball folk. Seems like an obvious choice.

multiple time DPOY, rebounding machine, pulled a team to the finals, beating LeBron in the process. the numbers plus the hardware make him a lock

If he retires tomorrow, he's in.

His span of dominance didn't last long enough to make him a lock IMO. We're really only talking about three or four seasons. His last year with the Magic, his year with the Lakers, and his current career with the Rockets ding him IMO. He never won an MVP, was never a signature offensive player, only sniffed a ring once and got trounced by the Lakers. Was irrelevant on Team USA.

There is a strong whiff that he can't perform at a HoF level without being in Van Gundy's system, and playing for a team of shooters custom built around him. And there is a sense that he's the worst "dominant C of his era" in NBA history.

The DPOYs are his best claim to the Hall. But if that's all he really has, then it'll take him a while to get into the Hall like it did for Mutombo.

I think he needs to win something with Houston to lock up his candidacy.

I see Pau & Melo as a locks, probably Parker too

I could see them getting in during their first year of eligibility. But Pau's resume outside those Lakers title contending teams is a little weak. And Melo's lack of team success dings him. I think his time in New York needs to end reasonably well for him to be a true lock.

I wouldn't say he needs to compete for a championship with the Knicks. Just play well individually, make som AS teams, and get the Knicks back to postseason caliber instead of being a trainwreck like last year.

- 11 or 12 time AS

- didn't leave the Knicks a smoldering ruin for signing him

- won a scoring title

is a good enough resume to get in.

The Spurs have a back up C that's 7'3, 276 pounds.

By my count that makes him the same height as Thabeet and Porzingis, but heavier. With Sim Bhullar in the DLeague, I believe Marjonovic is currently the NBA's biggest player.

What if this guy is actually good too? I know nothing about him other than he looks like an ogre and is 7'3. But the fact that he made the Spurs roster seems to argue well for him. How do you deal with a frontcourt of Kawhi, Aldridge, Duncan, and a 7'3 dude? The Wizards are going to get destroyed on Wednesday.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Was very impressed with Winslow last night D'ing up Harden. Was looking grim for a bit tho, early. Then everyone kinda found their groove and turned it on. Meanwhile, Hassan Whiteside continues to do Hassan Whiteside things...

Likely gonna take 3-4 months for the team to gel and, but lube your ass come April. We comin

Edited by Mr. Sinister

LOL. That's egregious. I counted at least six steps.

My unsolicited opinion on the traveling that frequently happens on breakaway layups and dunks is that, if there are no defenders around, don't call it. The offensive player doesn't gain advantage by it, and relaxing travel calls allows for artistic finishes that benefit the game's presentation. But if there are defenders in position, as there were two on that play, call it.