Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I think I talked about it on here before, but when news of the forthcoming cap increase broke, I talked about how the "big man tax" was about to jump to around 18 million dollars a year.

Players eligible to earn the big man tax = competent, average 7 footers & good but not great sub 7 foot bigs.

These players were commanding about 18-20 % of a team's cap. I figured this proportion wasn't going to change. For a 60-63 million dollar cap, that was 10-13 million dollars a year. For a 90 million dollar cap, it's about 17-19 million.

We're going to see a lot of 17-20 million dollar per annum contracts handed out next summer because there are a lot of big man tax bigs (or guys who will command even more) hitting the FA market:

Al Horford

Joakim Noah

Roy Hibbert

Al Jefferson

Zaza Pachulia

Timofey Mozgov

Nene

Andre Drummond

Meyers Leonard

Jordan Hill

Donatas Montiejunas

Hassan Whiteside

John Henson

Terrence Jones

Jared Sullinger

David Lee

Ryan Anderson

I could see almost all of those guys except for a few costing 18 to 19 % of a team's cap next summer. Horford and Drummond will probably command max or near max deals.

SportsCenterVerified account

‏@SportsCenter

THIS JUST IN: Derrick Rose struck in the face by an elbow during today's practice and has a left orbital fracture that will require surgery.

that man is cursed

It's called karma. He was just talking about looking forward to free agency yesterday. After everything Chicago has done for him

Why is he even talking about free agency?  He has two seasons left on a deal he hasn't come close to earning and the last time Rose averaged 20+ppg was the 2011-12 season.  The only thing he needs to be thinking right now is "can I stay healthy"... you know, after he recovers from his latest injury.  At the rate he's going he won't be able to walk up the stairs by the end of his contract. 

• Like 1

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/kerr-leave-of-absence-20151001

The Golden State Warriors announced today that Head Coach Steve Kerr, who underwent surgery on his back to repair a ruptured disc in late July and a follow-up surgery in early September, will take a leave of absence from the team as he continues with rehabilitation and the recovery process. The length of Kerr’s absence is unknown and will be based on his progress.

“At this point, the most important thing is to make sure Steve is healthy, completely recovered and ready for not only the rigors of a long NBA season, but day-to-day life in general,” said Warriors General Manager Bob Myers. “We don’t anticipate the recovery process will be long term, but as of today we don’t know the exact timeframe. We’ll evaluate his progress daily and provide updates as necessary.”

“After the first two days of training camp, I realized I need to take a step back and focus on my rehabilitation in order to be ready for the grind of another NBA season,” said Kerr. “As I noted last week, my summer was difficult and no fun due to the multiple back surgeries. At this point, I simply want to get healthy and back to my normal daily routine on and off the court.”

Luke Walton, the team’s lead assistant coach, will serve as interim head coach in Kerr’s absence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq9wZzS6vmo

An ego explosion.  Sounds like he issued a veiled threat too.  He says that Skip knows he refuses to talk about their personal lives... then talks about how great all these basketball stars are.  Afterwards he says it wouldn't be wise to make an enemy out of him.  That sounds, to me, like he's implying that he could start talking about their personal lives and that image of them as being so great would be in jeopardy. 

• Like 1

It was an incredibly entitled ego driven rant. Sorry Stephen, you can't keep saying how great person someone is while at the same time calling him a liar.

He got called out for making stories up, like all of his brethren now do. He should do like the rest of them and pretend like his credibility wasn't called into question. Instead, he goes on a rant about how sensitive these athletes are now. He doesn't realize that athletes have been treating the media different because the media treats the athletes with far less respect than they used to.

It was an incredibly entitled ego driven rant. Sorry Stephen, you can't keep saying how great person someone is while at the same time calling him a liar.

He got called out for making stories up, like all of his brethren now do. He should do like the rest of them and pretend like his credibility wasn't called into question. Instead, he goes on a rant about how sensitive these athletes are now. He doesn't realize that athletes have been treating the media different because the media treats the athletes with far less respect than they used to.

You're assuming SAS made that up...... :)

From the deadspin comment section on this:

“But what I do have are a very hot set of takes, takes I have acquired over a very long career. Takes that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you apologize now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will threaten you at 10:13 a.m.”

^ LOL

Media becoming the story

If I'm Screamin A, I wouldn't go to any clubs in DC for a minute. Im not quite sure he understands the magnitude of words like "you don't want to make an enemy out of me". Wouldn't be nothin to beat the breaks off him and leave him lying unconscious

Edited by Mr. Sinister