Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

10 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Do you disagree that a player would have been punished if they did what Morey did?

I also read he was upset that players were put on the frontlines of this despite the mess being created by management.

They absolutely would not punish a player for tweeting what Morey did.  Especially not someone like LeBron.  And he certainly never would have faced losing his job.  There is nothing LeBron could do that will draw discipline from the league.  And the **** storm for silencing a prominent black athlete speaking out in support of a pro-Democracy group in China would be infinitely bigger than anything Morey triggered.

LeBron showed his ass with his behavior.  Nobody asked him to jump out onto the front lines of this situation.  It would have been much better for the league if he hadn't said anything at all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They absolutely would not punish a player for tweeting what Morey did.  Especially not someone like LeBron.  And he certainly never would have faced losing his job.  There is nothing LeBron could do that will draw discipline from the league.  And the **** storm for silencing a prominent black athlete speaking out in support of a pro-Democracy group in China would be infinitely bigger than anything Morey triggered.

LeBron showed his ass with his behavior.  Nobody asked him to jump out onto the front lines of this situation.  It would have been much better for the league if he hadn't said anything at all.

The league said they would suspend players if they kneeled during the anthem. 

LeBron is definitely pro profits over social causes that don’t concern him. The issue is so is the NBA.

36 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Do you disagree that a player would have been punished if they did what Morey did?

Yes.  Strongly.  A player would not have been punished for tweeting "Fight for Freedom, Stand with Hong Kong."  What he said isn't the least bit inflammatory in the US, where the NBA makes the vast majority of it's money.  Virtually no one disagrees with that tweet here.  Players have gone much further with their political statements than that and have rightly not been punished for it. 

A player that tweeted out those six words would also be protected by the same situation dynamics that are shielding Morey.  Any action against Morey is an action against a US employee, voicing a basic US ideal, and it would be in defense of China's terrible government.  They'd spark a political firestorm at home if they did that.  It would be even worse if they did that to a player. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I also read he was upset that players were put on the frontlines of this despite the mess being created by management. 

Zion isn’t fat.

He has baby fat on his face but the guy is muscular.

Basically, I’m not sure he can lose the weight he should. 

He also walks like a penguin.

He is too fat. He is a very muscular dude but his body fat % is too high. And like I said he could stand to easily lose 30 lbs and still be very muscular. 6’5 250 is still pretty heavy. Draymond is 6’6 230 and is fairly muscular no reason Zion should be 50 lbs heavier than him because there is absolutely no weigh he has 50 lbs of muscle on Draymond. If he did he would look like me Olympia. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

that is damn near painful to watch

That thing looks bad enough to give a shooting coach a stroke.  Looks like he's about to lose the ball before recovering control and shooting it.  Each and every time. 

• Haha 1

Are you kidding Nellie?  Youtube recommended me this video and it's got to be the absolute worst:

I went to his wikipedia article and received this explanation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Nelson

The son of Arvid and Agnes Nelson, Don Nelson grew up with his family and two sisters on his grandfather’s rural Illinois farm near

Sherrard, Illinois. He first learned basketball shooting in the chicken yard where a spokeless bicycle wheel was nailed to the shed to make a basket.

Sounds about right.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Are you kidding Nellie?  Youtube recommended me this video and it's got to be the absolute worst:

I went to his wikipedia article and received this explanation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Nelson

Sounds about right.

You know it had to be normal because the announcers didnt say a damn word about it

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Now his conditioning is going to be lacking coming back just when everyone is starting to hit their groove, potentially leaving room for more weight gain. And further injury

Even in preseason he still looked heavier than when he played at Duke.

that man gonna be chilling in Nawlins with no basketball activity.

gonna take a herculean discipline for him not to cross 300lbs

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If anyone is looking for a good deal on NBA League Pass, it seems like the $28.99 monthly subscription through NBA.com is the best deal.  League starts 10/22/19 and ends 4/15/19, so 6 months.  Which is cheaper ($173.94) than paying for a one year subscription of $199.99 through cable/satellite providers or NBA.com. 

• Like 1

I still don't believe that's accurate lol

I see Greeny was on Wake Up talking about having the top 16 teams make the playoffs... That's close to fixing the issue, but still not right. I know I keep saying this, but it's really time to do the top 8 seeds from each conference and then re-seed. Who cares if Portland plays Orlando in the first round... It's not the 1970s anymore. You can get away with that now.

3 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

I still don't believe that's accurate lol

I see Greeny was on Wake Up talking about having the top 16 teams make the playoffs... That's close to fixing the issue, but still not right. I know I keep saying this, but it's really time to do the top 8 seeds from each conference and then re-seed. Who cares if Portland plays Orlando in the first round... It's not the 1970s anymore. You can get away with that now.

I don't want to see that change, I like the conference format better.  

• Like 1

Do we have thoughts/predictions for this year? I think Steve started a conversation last year.

I'll take the Clippers in the west and over all.  I think think the Sixers will win the East.  They'll struggle here some in the regular season, but they'll do well in the playoffs.

With Williams having injury issues, I'll take RJ Barrett to win rookie of the year.

I think Giannis will win MVP again or the voters will give it to Leonard even if Giannis has better stats again.

I think Orlando is a solid playoff team in the East and a surprise, and I think the Lakers are a lower seed in the west and not as good as many people expect.