Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

MILWAUKEE -- Ahead of the 2019-20 NBA season, ESPN rolled out its annual list of the top 100 players in the league.

Absent from it was Minnesota Timberwolves forward Andrew Wiggins, who doesn't agree.

"I don't really look at that too much, top 100 or not top 100," Wiggins told ESPN on Thursday. "There's not 100 players better than me, so it doesn't matter what people think. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My job is to come out here and hoop, and that's what I'm going to do."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27866622/timberwolves-andrew-wiggins-there-not-100-players-better-me

Wiggins is on a 5 year 147 million dollar deal and feels that he has to argue there aren’t 100 players better than him.  lol

• Haha 1

I think he's also wrong.

I read that LeBron is the player who whined to the league about not punishing Morey and that "if a player had done what Morey did, there'd be consequences."  Such a breathtakingly stupid, sheltered, and flat out un-American response to this situation.  LeBron ilt his credibility on fire this week.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think he's also wrong.

I read that LeBron is the player who whined to the league about not punishing Morey and that "if a player had done what Morey did, there'd be consequences."  Such a breathtakingly stupid, sheltered, and flat out un-American response to this situation.  LeBron ilt his credibility on fire this week.

Yea when I read that I was so disappointed in him. This whole time the only reason I even liked the dude a little bit was because of his apparently fake persona. I hope others realize now that all of that was PR manipulation. Either he was faking all of it and it was basically used to make him more money, or at best he is a raging hypocrite. I hate hypocrites. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Basketball gods gotta give us at least 1 fully healthy season from him

Sat out most of the summer league with a knee injury.  Now he’s down with yet another one after like four preseason games.

There were a lot of concerns that he wouldn't be able to stay healthy at his weight.  This stuff isn’t helping calm those fears.  

Fool me once...

Hate to say it, but it was a thought I had going back to late last fall. Playing regular ball at that weight to height ratio is astounding enough (Big Baby may have been a couple inches taller), but playing explosive, above the the rim ball? I didn't see it lasting then, and its proving to be true so far.

I hope I'm wrong. The NBA needs him desperately.

7 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think he's also wrong.

Lebron’s PR team is either filled with yes men, or they were on vacation while he was in China.  He came down hard on the wrong side of this.  His ridiculous “wasn’t educated” nonsense was bad enough.  So bad he refused to even attempt to defend it.  Now we learn that he opposed the leagues decision to stand by their people, and freedom of expression, by joining China in wanting Morey disciplined?  Good grief.  

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Fool me once...

Hate to say it, but it was a thought I had going back to late last fall. Playing regular ball at that weight to height ratio is astounding enough (Big Baby may have been a couple inches taller), but playing explosive, above the the rim ball? I didn't see it lasting then, and its proving to be true so far.

I hope I'm wrong. The NBA needs him desperately.

Max Kellerman (of all people) had what I think is a great comparison that perhaps, isn’t the most direct, but I think has merit.  He compared him to Derrick Rose.  Remember how fast and reckless Rose used to play? The explosive leaps off two feet and just the suddenness of all his movement on the court.  It made you wonder if his body could take it.  It could not.  

Zion plays like that, only he’s 280 pounds.  

The dude could lose 30 lbs of actual fat+water cause fat also retains water but I’m digressing a bit. He is 6’5 without shoes and 285.  There’s an obvious solution to the problem. Lose weight. 

Just cause Rose couldn’t stay healthy doesn’t mean anything for Zion, we see freaks like Westbrook who play harder and more violent than Rose and dude has been practically invincible. 

Pretty sure Russ is also bigger. I dunno, some dudes are just freaks. Not like he hasn't gotten his either.

I agree. Dropping at least 20 off that frame can ease some of those injury concerns. That's just too much explosion, girth and raw power coming down in a body like the height of like Larry Johnson, but probably 40 lbs heavier

Edited by Mr. Sinister

13 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think he's also wrong.

I hope everywhere he goes this season, he's booed relentlessly for being a sellout punk ass ****

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kyrie has weighed in.  

Here, transcribed, is Irving’s response to ESPN reporter Malika Andrews asking about protestors wearing “Stand with Hong Kong” shirts at the Raptors-Nets preseason game at Barclays Friday night. Some context: Irving had told reporters earlier that he stands for four things, “inner peace, freedom, equality and world peace.” Make of it what you can:

Well, I think that, you know, when you think about communities across the world, I think that a lot of people would stand for world peace. You know, government gets involved, impacts different communities in different ways. And the reality is that as individuals, it’s our job to stand up for what we believe in. 

Now, I understand that Hong Kong and China is dealing with their issues respectively, but there’s enough oppression and stuff going on in America for me not to be involved in the community issues here as well. And that’s one of those four pillars that goes in terms of the black community. Colored people, here in America, we’re still fighting for everyday freedom. So you know, when I think about Hong Kong and China, the people are in an uproar and you know, for us as Americans to comment on it, whether it’s African-Americans or American Indians, to comment on that, you know, you’re connected nonetheless. Especially when it impacts freedoms or world peace, like I said. 

You know, for me, as an individual I stand up for those four pillars. When they’re being conflicted, I can understand why protestors come to the game. America was built on protesting, built on slavery, let alone. But things happen all across the world and we’re just taking notice and social media puts it right in front of everyone’s faces. And if you’re not thinking with a selfless attitude, then you can come out and kind of get yourself caught up in a few things politically that really impact a certain group of people in an area of the world. So I speak objectively, but also subjectively in terms of how I feel about the pillars that I stand by as a man.

https://deadspin.com/kyrie-irving-takes-break-from-eternal-quest-for-enlight-1839191827

I’m sure this made more sense in whatever language it was in originally, before being run though google translate.

• Haha 2

On 10/18/2019 at 6:46 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think he's also wrong.

Do you disagree that a player would have been punished if they did what Morey did?

I also read he was upset that players were put on the frontlines of this despite the mess being created by management. 

On 10/18/2019 at 12:16 PM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

He too fat 

Zion isn’t fat.

He has baby fat on his face but the guy is muscular.

Basically, I’m not sure he can lose the weight he should. 

He also walks like a penguin.