Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

On 2/8/2018 at 1:56 PM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Hill is rated as one of the worst defenders in the league. 

The funny thing is so is Hood.  And Utah is actually a good defensive team overall.  By the metrics, CLE acquired two of the worst defensive guards in the league this year.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, justice98 said:

The funny thing is so is Hood.  And Utah is actually a good defensive team overall.  By the metrics, CLE acquired two of the worst defensive guards in the league this year.

The Cleveland trades are fascinating, because I think they were smart moves even though I don't know think it actually does all that much to make them better on the court.

I think I basically proposed a few pages back that Cleveland trade everyone, because Lebron might be engaged by the idea of building a new team on the fly.

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

you know you want #6

Clearly that left a mark. He can't even deny it. 

41 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Bamma's like him can't be trusted

You know this business by now. 

I am not, and have never been a hater. 

He's got to do what is best for him and his family/future/legacy. 

I don't agree with all of it either. I agree that he owed Miami more. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

#3 left you for #6 and you say, he can't be trust smh. 

Nah, that's on Riles. He had a choice to make whether to keep or let him go. He. chose to let him go.

And with him always being the good little soldier and being the one to sacrifice and concede and do this and do that, and not getting it here, I had no problem with him going to seek money elsewhere. 

LeBron is the most shadiest, sensitive, stuck up dude in this league. But he is one of the greatest to ever play this game,  and the greatest of this generation.

And still a lew ten ant dan, box of chocolates ass gump ?

24 minutes ago, daveakl said:

They eviscerated Boston today.

I watched most of the game. All I was thinking is that Lebron is gonna stay in Cleveland but it is just one game. Still, younger, more athletic, solid three point shooters plus a top-8 pick and the Cavs could potentially move Love in the off-season if he doesn’t fit in as well. 

4 hours ago, Hersh said:

Cavs looked kinda good with their new players. 

Dwyane Wade 36

Channing Frye 34

Isaiah Thomas 29

Derrick Rose 29

Jae Crowder 27

Iman Shumpert 27

George Hill 32

Rodney Hood 25

Larry Nance 25

Jordan Clarkson 25

Which group of role players would you prefer?  The second group is younger, healthier, more athletic, and better shooting. Less drama as well with Derrick Rose's never ending existential crisis or Thomas trying to justify his presence in the NBA while not scoring the ball well.  They definitely upgraded. 

I really don'y enjoy reading or talking with Sixers fans on the internet.  I've been bullish on their rebuild lately but the way they talk **** even though they haven't made the playoffs yet...

I find myself hoping they crash and burn.

Ya'll aren't out of the woods yet.  One Joel Embiid foot injury and it's back to the lottery.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

**** LeBron if he goes to the 76ers this summer.  Stay with the Cavs or go to the Rockets and get that ass waxed in a highly entertaining WCF where you belong.

You only hearing that from them? Or is that a rumour? Either way, after 2014, nothing would really shock me.

LKB has been crowing too hard about the success of Boston this season.  They beat up on a soft schedule over the first half and reality is setting in.  He was right that I didn't look at the Kyrie Irving trade from Boston's perspective, and that Isaiah Thomas's injury was more serious than anyone realized.  But I'm going to end up being right about the upside of their build being low.  I was wrong that Ainge will eventually get fired over it, because they're going to win 50 games a year under Brad Stevens.  But they'll never seriously contend for a championship with this construction.  Also that Lakers pick doesn't look like it'll transfer.

They need to get ahead of the situation and trade Horford and/or Hayward this summer.  Kyrie Irving is going to get a DPVE and those two aren't good enough to occupy max deals given their payroll situation.  You can probably get away with spending that kind of money on one of them, but not both.

I also don't like that they didn't do anything at the deadline.  Signing Greg Monroe helped, but it wasn't enough to offset their depth issues.  They had a real chance to make a Finals run this year given how beatable Cleveland and the Wizards have looked.  They were and still are too reliant on young players getting big minutes for the first time in their careers, and their lack of reliable depth is going to get them bounced from the second round if they play a healthy Wizards or Cavs team.  An early exit isn't the end of the world, but a Finals run would have been a very valuable experience for their young players.  It would have set expectations for them moving forward, and made everyone's job just that much more secure.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You only hearing that from them? Or is that a rumour? Either way, after 2014, nothing would really shock me.

It's not a rumor.  It's just a product of there only being a couple logical outcomes to LeBron's free agency this summer because of the cap situations for various teams.  This is the list of teams that will be able to realistically create the room to sign him via cap space and/or exception.

1 - Cleveland

2 - Houston

3 - Lakers

4 - Pacers

5 - Bulls

6 - Hawks

7 - 76ers

8 - Dallas

9 - Brooklyn

10 - Sacramento

Additionally, the Clippers can get there if Jordan, Rivers, Tedosic, and Wesley Johnson all opt out.

We can rule out Brooklyn, Dallas, Sacramento, Atlanta, Chicago immediately from realistic consideration from LeBron.  They don't have the rosters to entice him.

Additionally, the Lakers are probably out.  They are too far away from being a realistic contender in LeBron's window.

Houston is his most likely destination because they're easily the best team of the bunch.

But if he wants to stay in the East, then Cleveland, Indiana, and Philly are the only places where he can do that and play with another All Star.  And among those teams, Philly is the only one of those teams where he'd play with an All Star starter.  Plus Simmons could give Philly two All Stars as early as next season.

Thus I think LeBron's only got four real options, ranked best to worst:

1 - Go to Houston 

2 - Go to Philly

3 - Stay in Cleveland

4 - Go to the Lakers and hope they also bring in Paul George.

If cap weren't a consideration, the Spurs and Wizards would be options two and three on that list, but neither of us can afford him.

About that...

By all indications, it's looking more and more likely that Paul George will remain in Oklahoma City.

While the Oklahoma City Thunder have struggled as of late, George's comments have become more and more positive towards remaining in OKC. According to Peter Vecsey (via Ashish Mathur of Amico Hoops), the All-Star forward is committed to re-signing with the Thunder, rather than signing with the Los Angeles Lakers:

"In his latest Patreon column, Vecsey says George is “committed to re-signing with the Oklahoma City Thunder” in the offseason instead of bolting for his hometown Los Angeles Lakers, the move many have expected George to make."

https://247sports.com/nba/oklahoma-city-thunder/Bolt/Report-Paul-George-committed-to-re-signing-with-Oklahoma-City-Thunder-115003518

Not saying it's right, just saying that someone is saying it... 

I'm looking at Utah's payroll and I don't see a single bad contract.  Donovan Mitchell is a legit ROY candidate.  Rudy Gobert is locked up on a sub max long term and he's only 25.  Joe Ingles looks like a quality starting SF on a reasonable deal.  Rubio is a substantial expiring next year.  Somehow Derrick Favors is only 26, and probably wouldn't be too expensive for them to keep.  Jae Crowder was a nice get.

They are a point guard and some wing depth away from being really good.

Imagine if they signed Isaiah Thomas on a bargain contract this summer and he were to come back healthy.

Imagine if they signed Klay Thompson the next summer.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm looking at Utah's payroll and I don't see a single bad contract.  Donovan Mitchell is a legit ROY candidate.  Rudy Gobert is locked up on a sub max long term and he's only 25.  Joe Ingles looks like a quality starting SF on a reasonable deal.  Rubio is a substantial expiring next year.  Somehow Derrick Favors is only 26, and probably wouldn't be too expensive for them to keep.  Jae Crowder was a nice get.

They are a point guard and some wing depth away from being really good.

Imagine if they signed Isaiah Thomas on a bargain contract this summer and he were to come back healthy.

Imagine if they signed Klay Thompson the next summer.

Nobody wants to play in Utah. Its like the Green Bay of the NBA. They have to draft/develop talent well because they'll never attract FAs.