Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I don't think you need to go that drastic. Especially since you are already being that drastic with Wade. Just keep him around 33 a game during the regular season.

I wonder if Lebron will even resign with the heat.   Really why should he?   his two hall of famer's are pretty much done there.... ( wade and allen )   you might be able to get a few years out of each... but neither of those guys are near what they once were.   That leaves Bosh as the one "superstar" still in his prime at Miami...   If I were Lebron and wanted to be considered one of the greatest,  I'm looking for championships..  Do I really think Bosh is a reliable guy to pin my legacy on.   Bosh was a non factor in the finals... He's a hot and cold player who dispears,  who disapeared during the finals..

If I'm Lebron maybe he might think leving Miami and moving to a new team more capable for winning.   There  are several teams which are better situated with cap space which have better pieces in place than Miami devoid of Lebron...

Your thoughts?

I wonder if Lebron will even resign with the heat. Really why should he? his two hall of famer's are pretty much done there.... ( wade and allen ) you might be able to get a few years out of each... but neither of those guys are near what they once were. That leaves Bosh as the one "superstar" still in his prime at Miami... If I were Lebron and wanted to be considered one of the greatest, I'm looking for championships.. Do I really think Bosh is a reliable guy to pin my legacy on. Bosh was a non factor in the finals... He's a hot and cold player who dispears, who disapeared during the finals..

If I'm Lebron maybe he might think leving Miami and moving to a new team more capable for winning. There are several teams which are better situated with cap space which have better pieces in place than Miami devoid of Lebron...

Your thoughts?

Name one place he can just walk in and challenge for a title (counting the salary cap and all that)

Basically no where unless Houston does some crazy ****

I don't think signing that group is possible.

Can they win a title with that group? Probably not unless something weird happens in the West. Can they make the Finals? Yes.

I think everyone knows they need to get younger and more athletic.

The question is, how do they do it? If Wade opts in for 2 years/$40 million, they can't. They simply can't.

Okay and that was the general point. Based on the current dynamic of Lebron-Wade, their championship run is probably over.

I don't know enough about the cap situations and FA to comment on what they could do.

One thing that is clear to me is that it would be very useful if their players come back better.

In last year's thread after the Heat won I said:

Cole needs to get with Allen and Battier to work on his 3 point shooting for next year.

Congrats to the Heat.

If Cole comes back next year a 40% 3 pt. shooter, it would help them a lot and would have helped them in this series if he was a serious 3 pt. shooter.

Edited by PeterMP

He's pretty close with Paul, I don't know what their cap situation is but could the Clips unload a guy or two, pay any luxury tax needed and make the huge splash?

The new ownership might be looking for the final push to remove themselves from the Sterling era. The luxury tax wouldn't be a deal breaker IMO.

This would also give the Clippers something they've never had. This would drive an absolute stake right in the heart of a current bumbling Lakers. A rival that has always embarrassed the Clips since the beginning of time

I doubt the numbers work but crazier things have happened

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Would either team object?

Doubt it.

Heat would still have enough to get to the finals

This would largely depend on what you think about Jordan and what he could deliver away from an elite PG I suspect.

I think it would make the Heat worse and so would not be likely to do it.

If we buy the fact that you can't put three stars together is developing players and/or finding ways to maximize the talent you have now the most important part of the winning a title?

Is the NBA now a coaches/organizational league (organization in the context it isn't just the coach that develops players and thinks about how the parts will fit together)?

Has the pendelum swung from it being a players league?

Edited by PeterMP

Would it make them worse than if Lebron just opted out and left?

Yes.  If Lebron says make the trade or I'm leaving, you have to make the trade.

But if I'm the Heat, I might just tear the whole thing apart turn the individual pieces around for draft picks as much as I can and try and restock for a post-Wade life (assuming Wade opts in).

Edited by PeterMP

Yes.  If Lebron says make the trade or I'm leaving, you have to make the trade.

But if I'm the Heat, I might just tear the whole thing apart turn the individual pieces around for draft picks as much as I can and try and restock for a post-Wade life (assuming Wade opts in).

Trading Lebron for draft picks is stupid. You are going to be picking in the late 20s for the rest of your life.

Besides, you need to take on salary to give up salary.

The Heat don't have a ton of options unless the Big 3 say, We are all signing for $14 million and you are using the rest plus the MLE to get us the role players we need. And you are going to pay the repeater tax.

And even then, you are paying the repeater tax.

Spencer Hawes would allow them to play a pretty conventional lineup. But he's probably going to get around $6 or $7 per. And he's Spencer Hawes.

Miami also has, I believe, a $3 million MLE.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

The Spurs system definitely has a lot to do with Leonard's success as discussed previously in this thread. He may never be the offensive player George is either.

However, coming from Durant, it sounds like sour grapes and pettiness. He should be above bashing other players on twitter, especially when that player and his team just bounced Durant's and won the title. I say that as somebody that loves Durant too.

A simple, "they're different players but both very good at what they do" would have sufficed

As much as i love KD, he is a selfish player and he won't be winning a title anytime soon until he develops an inside game or actually learns how to play with other people on his team instead of jacking up shots

Durant and Lebron are not the problems with their respective teams. Durant needs better role players and a better system. Lebron just needs better role players. Stars in the nba do not win titles alone, no matter what the media may say. Edited by Destino

Durant and Lebron are not the problems with their respective teams. Durant needs better roll players and a better system. Lebron just needs better roll players. Stars in the nba do not win titles alone, no matter what the media may say.

Superstars make role players look better than they actually are

Trading Lebron for draft picks is stupid. You are going to be picking in the late 20s for the rest of your life.

Besides, you need to take on salary to give up salary.

The Heat don't have a ton of options unless the Big 3 say, We are all signing for $14 million and you are using the rest plus the MLE to get us the role players we need. And you are going to pay the repeater tax.

And even then, you are paying the repeater tax.

Spencer Hawes would allow them to play a pretty conventional lineup. But he's probably going to get around $6 or $7 per. And he's Spencer Hawes.

Miami also has, I believe, a $3 million MLE.

Well, you are talking about trading Bosh and Lebron.

If I trade Bosh and Lebron, yes I need to take back salary, but if I take back that salary in the context of 4 or 5 players (which is what you were talking about), then I can probably find people that will take some of those pieces and give me some draft picks, and yes in some of the trades I might have to take back some salary, but in every trade I won't have to take back an equivalent player and so can collect picks.

And if I trade Lebron and Bosh off the current team, and then trade the pieces I get back for draft picks and players of lesser value, I won't have a team that leaves me drafting in the 20's.

If I trade Bosh and Lebron for Griffin, Jodan, Reddick, and Barnes.

And then turn around and trade Griffin and Jordan (two seperate teams if need be) for players that are even worse and draft picks (and Riddick and Barnes if I can move them), I'm not going to have a team that is going to be drafting in the 20's.

If I'm trading Lebron and Bosh and then were willing to move the players they got in those trades, then the Heat could get pretty bad pretty quickly.