Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Exactly

That's the only thing you post. We get it. I love how you use hockey as some example of a perfectly run league. You know gifting lotteries to struggling famous franchises isn't sketchy AT ALL *cough* Pittsburgh*cough*

And holy **** man. The NHL has the worst officiating in the world. There isn't even a clear definition of what interference is for gods sake

The NBA is easily the worst officiated league.  And that is saying something.  The NHL is decent, until playoff time because they start playing the "now the rulebook changes" game.  It's funny as much flack as the NFL gets, it is probably the best officiated league.

The reason the NBA is the worst is that different players play with different rules, literally.  A foul on LeBron is not a foul on another player or Harden or Kobe etc.  They play to a different standard. 

Crosby and Ovechkin are held to the same standard as everyone else.  If OV high sticks someone, he is going to the box.  He has been suspended multiple times, no double standard like in the NBA.

But it's what you said, every league has its ups and downs.  Don't like it, don't watch.

The NBA does have a parity/competitiveness problem and the playoffs being very predictable but its hard for them to do anything about it. In the NBA, its pretty much all about your top 3 the only thing that can derail a team like Thunder or Heat is an injury to one of those guys . Occassionally you do get some surprises like the Mavs in 2011 or the Pistons in 2004 but there are many series every year where you know who is going to win (barring an injury)  The Pacers aren't going to beat the Heat, and the Heat will probably win the title.    The Spurs/Thunder series might be close but I say the Thunder come out on top.

In the NHL, I have no clue who is getting to the next round or winning the Cup.

I hope the Heat flambé the Pacers...

For one round Sinister, I'm a Heat fan.

The enemy of my enemy is a friend of mine..

Said the same. Hope LeBron dunks on Hibberts fraud ***. Then ill root for whoever from the west in the finals.

Did I just walk into bizarro world? I liked y'all better when Lebron flew Black helicopters, and the Heat reffed their way to to every postseason win in their history.

At any rate, I have no diea what the hell to expect from this series. All I can say is if the same helter skelter team thats been playing for the last two and a half months shows in this series, it's over in 5. I don't think they will though. They've been waiting for this since last spring, so I expect them to be 100% locked in. But every time I've said they're back, they go in the ****ter. We'll see what happens.

^^^

Pacers still fresh in our minds.. Give it a day and we'll be back on the "LeBron Must Die" campaign (figuratively speaking of course). At least I probably will.

Wait til Bron and Wade combine for 30 FT attempts in game 1.  We'll be right back on the train.

I'm going for the Pacers. The only Pacer I don't like is David West, the rest of their team I don't have any issue with. Although Stephenson seems like a bit of a jerk.

Four of the five best teams this season made the conference finals. And the fifth top 5 team just lost to OKC. After a pretty crazy first round, we got where you'd expect us to be.

To me OKC and Miami are the two best teams. Indy is distinctly the fourth best, and I don't think they can beat Miami. But they've got the weird rock paper scissors edge over Miami, enough so to take the Heat to seven IMO.

I don't know, I just feel like this is KD's year. Westbrook looks like he's back to his old self now. I think they win it all.

It's just that you post that same thing over and over. We get it.

Listen, I am a big critic of the NBA (mainly the embarrassing standard of officiating) but every league has its positives and negatives including the NBA. If you find no positives why post about it? I could criticize every league.

I can't help it. I am a Hfboards mod. Gotta pimp the nhl

How bad is Ibaka's calf injury? If he's healthy I think they beat San Antonio easily. OKC, for whatever reason, just seems like a match up problem for the Spurs. I don't see this Thunder team having a chance in hell against the Heat. They'd get dominated just like they did last time.

LeBron's record in Joey Crawford officiated playoff games was 25-3 (0.893), and in all other playoff games was 41-50 (0.451)

Incredible.

Wow.....just wow. 

115756464.jpg

25494393.jpg

Where did you get that stat from?

it's trending all over twitter....multiple articles and links...

i'm on my phone tho otherwise i'd post linkage

I couldn't find anything legit to back up that claim. 

But I did find this on a sports blog.

http://truschoolsports.wordpress.com/2014/05/15/lebron-james-actual-playoff-record-with-and-without-joey-crawford/

screen-shot-2014-05-15-at-6-45-19-pm.png

So I don't know if it's true or not. That's why I wanted to know the source. I can't get mad off something that isn't a fact lol.

This has come up before. I didn't up date the numbers so they are now not correct, but you can see the general idea.

I couldn't find anything legit to back up that claim. 

But I did find this on a sports blog.

http://truschoolsports.wordpress.com/2014/05/15/lebron-james-actual-playoff-record-with-and-without-joey-crawford/

screen-shot-2014-05-15-at-6-45-19-pm.png

So I don't know if it's true or not. That's why I wanted to know the source. I can't get mad off something that isn't a fact lol.

That is a bogus statistics.  That would be such a huge discrepincy that it would be impossible for legitimate new sources, including the NBA to ignore.

So I did some checking.  I want back to the 2011 NBA finals (against the Mavs) and looked at playoff W and L's with and w/o Joey Crawford.

Lebron is 4-4 with him and 25-11 w/o reffing.

And that includes two final losses against the Mavs and none of their wins in that series.

(four losses with Crawford going back to the finals with the Mavs):

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201106020MIA.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201106090DAL.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201205150MIA.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201206030BOS.html

Edited by PeterMP

San Antonio is going to the Finals.  They are better than they were last year.  So let's get that out of the way.  It's a Heat-Spurs rematch.

If they were playing any other team, I would agree with that. But for some reason, the Thunder have been giving them fits for two years...

And on top of that, this is the NBA. You know they want a KD/Lebron finals. Then again, a rematch of last year's finals isn't that bad either. But still they want their two superstars in the Finals. I am expecting the Thunder to get some favorable calls. 

That .893 number about LeBron and Joey Crawford is wrong. That'd be way too many games for Crawford to officiate, so it shouldn't pass the smell test at first glance. I saw this on reddit:

So I saw someone post today (he rescinded his claims after finding out they were wrong) that LeBron's record in Joey Crawford officiated playoff games was 25-3 (0.893), and in all other playoff games was 41-50 (0.451). I had a hard time believing this, because A) that would be insane and B) that would mean Crawford had officiated almost a fourth of LeBron's playoff games, which is ridiculous as well.

So I went through gamelogs on BBRef. It was pretty easy, since they group playoff series together. Here is the actual data:

Cavs LeBron

3-5 (0.375) in games officiated by Joey Crawford

39-24 (0.619) in games not officiated by Joey Crawford

Heat LeBron

9-6 (0.600) in games officiated by Joey Crawford

45-16 (0.738) in games not officiated by Joey Crawford

As you can see from the data, LeBron actually has HIGHER winning percentages in games not officiated by Crawford, although the sample size is too small for this data to be significant anyway. I'm glad I could debunk another "The NBA will do anything to help LeBron win" myth. Seriously, who just makes up stats?

P.S. The data is on BBRef, so you're welcome to check it

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/25nkz3/lebron_record_with_joey_crawford/