Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

San Antonio had 6 players on the court for the long pass with 1.3 left.

They did. I went back on the dvr after seeing your post and I count 5 spurs not including whoever threw the ball in, who is off the screen. Great job refs, had Dallas lost on that play....

Edited by Destino

Put Lin/Harden/Daniels on the floor all at the same time and MAGICALLY the Rockets lose their lead.

I personally don't understand the fascination with Patrick Beverley as I don't think his defense is worth the hype, and irritating the other team isn't really useful unless you have actual PG skills to back it up(See Chris Paul) but he'd probably more effective in that rotation than Lin or Harden, take your pick.

Overall I understand absolutely nothing Kevin McHale does out there, and all of his decision making seems to fly completely in the face of what at their supposedly phenomenal analytics people are doing down there.

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy

"YOU'RE SCREWING US!!"

-McHale to ref between 3rd and 4th. Wish they hadn't cut away, sounded like the ref was about to ask him how they were "screwing" them.

Tell me I wasn't the only one to catch that? I always love stuff like that, when the mics pick up random stuff from the court/field

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

"YOU'RE SCREWING US!!"

Tell me I wasn't the only one to catch that? I always love stuff like that, when the mics pick up random stuff from the court/field

I like when John Wall during either Game 1 or 2 was like "lets play some effing D!" and it was soooo clear on the mic.

• Like 1

I like when John Wall during either Game 1 or 2 was like "lets play some effing D!" and it was soooo clear on the mic.

I remember that. Was awesome.

Side note, keep hearing people talk about how Beal has potential to be better than Wall. Maybe. He'll NEVER be a leader on Wall's level though.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

how does Lillard get that much space?

the 3 is the only thing that kills you in that spot 

No kidding. Absolutely wide open there. I assumed there were some great screens there, but I just watched the replay a few times...no, the Rockets just lost him. Just terrible defense. I don't mind though, I was pulling for Portland. :)

how does Lillard get that much space?

the 3 is the only thing that kills you in that spot

They had Parsons responsible for him. Parsons isn't a very focused defender, as lacking as Lin is on defense sometimes and Beverley is flat out exhausted they would have at least stayed in front of Dame. Parsons certainly wouldn't get a mark on Randy's Hustle Board with that effort.

Kevin McHale needs to go and they need to trade Lin for a PG that can catch and shoot. If Harden's gonna be the primary ball handler on that team they need a PG comfortable moving without the ball and knock it down consistently from outside. Jeremy Lin's a P&R, drive or dish guy on a team that doesn't play most of their deep shooting threats in big games, and Beverley doesn't offer anything on offense. Again, I don't get how a team so predicated on analytics has built this Frankenstein of mismatched parts.

Seriously, Dame was scoreless the entire quarter up to that point. Solution, bench Lin and let one of the slower guys on the team chase Lillard. McHale has been doing stuff like that his whole coaching career.

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy

I could only watch gamecast and at some point they had Houston up with 0.0 on the clock.  I've been crying near-tears the last hour or so when a friend announced the actual score. 

Dame Lillard is already one of the best clutch players of all time in his second season!

This is the kind of thing you want to live to see for most of your life.