Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Once again...have there been any KD to WSH rumors? You guys are setting yourselves up for pain

And the hometown angle is overplayed. KD wasn't even a wizards fan growing up

Well if by some chance it does happen, I look forward to McQueen's short stories on how many titles they could possibly win.  :)

• Like 2

Why are we attacking the Bobcats and their fanbase? I get its fun to argue with Bubble but they're a young franchise that's finally starting to find some footing after a tough first decade.

I respect what they're building down in Charlotte and figured most Wizards fans would feel the same as we can relate to some of those tough years where the team was nationally irrelevant. I'm certainly pulling for them to become a solid squad before teams like the Knicks and Celtics do.

Should be some great games tonight.  I was thinking about betting a game but decided to stay away since they are all really tough calls.

Pacers are +1 and Thunder are -2.5.  Clippers are -1.  You would think that Indiana and OKC would come out scrapping since they are on the verge of elimination.  But both are on the road.  You know one of those teams is gonna lose.  Clippers/Warriors is an even matchup, I never know how to predict that other than bet on the home team.  I predict Pacers, Grizzlies, and Warriors will win tonight.

How many championships do you guys have? LOL

How many finals appearances do you guys have? LMAO

Try not taking Bubble Screen's route and bring up baseball in an NBA thread (wtf?)

I thought his post was funny.  Are you really going to compare a 53 year old franchise's success to the 10 year Bobcats?  LOL, come on man.  How old were you when they made the NBA finals or won there championship?

I have zero hate for the Wizards/Bullets.  But lets be realistic, outside of this year winning round 1 and the possibility of getting the #8 seed in the next round (should the Pacers continue to slide) what have they done that was so outstanding, even when compared to the Bobcats?

Look at the past 10 years, they had a nice run of playoff appearances four straight seasons from 2004 - 2007 (winning 41-45 games/season), then five years of subpar play, capped off by this years season of 44 wins and making the playoffs.

The Bobcats are an expansion team and one that has already switched ownership in its young 10 year history.  Not to mention one where the first owner didn't give a **** and put zero effort into building a team.  Our first five years, we had seasons with 18, 26, 33, 32 and 35 wins respectively.  

Now if you want to compare the last five years, the Bobcats have more wins (149) than the Wizards (142) and more playoff appearances, Bobcats (2) and Wizards (1).  And that is calculating in the worst season in NBA history with only 7 wins in the 2011-2012.

With all that said, I'm happy for you guys, y'all have a great opportunity to possibly get to the eastern conference finals if things play out in your favor.  I'm just looking forward to the re-branding and continued building towards continued success (hopefully).

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Lets go HEAT!!!!!!!!!

I want the Heat to play the Wiz in the ECF, just for the reactions when the Heat win.

I think everyone would expect a heat win. The fear at the end of the season was that losing the final game, precisely because no one wants to play the Heat. Edited by Destino

I thought his post was funny. Are you really going to compare a 53 year old franchise's success to the 10 year Bobcats? LOL, come on man. How old were you when they made the NBA finals or won there championship?

I have zero hate for the Wizards/Bullets. But lets be realistic, outside of this year winning round 1 and the possibility of getting the #8 seed in the next round (should the Pacers continue to slide) what have they done that was so outstanding, even when compared to the Bobcats?

Look at the past 10 years, they had a nice run of playoff appearances four straight seasons from 2004 - 2007 (winning 41-45 games/season), then five years of subpar play, capped off by this years season of 44 wins and making the playoffs.

The Bobcats are an expansion team and one that has already switched ownership in its young 10 year history. Not to mention one where the first owner didn't give a **** and put zero effort into building a team. Our first five years, we had seasons with 18, 26, 33, 32 and 35 wins respectively.

Now if you want to compare the last five years, the Bobcats have more wins (149) than the Wizards (142) and more playoff appearances, Bobcats (2) and Wizards (1). And that is calculating in the worst season in NBA history with only 7 wins in the 2011-2012.

With all that said, I'm happy for you guys, y'all have a great opportunity to possibly get to the eastern conference finals if things play out in your favor. I'm just looking forward to the re-branding and continued building towards continued success (hopefully).

You asked what have the wizards done up until this season. We have won a championship, now I asked you the same question and you wanna cry about how old was I when Washington won? Common man, don't ask the question if you can't handle the answer.

Yeah let's compare the last five years shall we? Bobcats have two playoff appearances, and the wizards have 1. You got that right, but now tell me, who has more playoff wins? Actually, who has ANY playoff wins? If I'm not mistaken, you guys were swept both times, no? Why did you ignore that fact? I'd rather have one appearance in 5 years, and win four games, and advance to the next round, rather than have two appearances and 0 wins, and swept twice in a row.

That dunk. Damn sons

Holy **** dude, I jumped out of my seat and had to rewind it a few times. It was nasty

Edited by Ozymandias

Indiana is a joke.  Baffling how a team could have such a good regular season then fall apart.

And Jeff Teague is playing like he was a Wake Forest- beasting.  He used to dominate in college, never like this in the NBA though.  Crazy.

Edited by abdcskins

You asked what have the wizards done up until this season. We have won a championship, now I asked you the same question and you wanna cry about how old was I when Washington won? Common man, don't ask the question if you can't handle the answer.

Yeah let's compare the last five years shall we? Bobcats have two playoff appearances, and the wizards have 1. You got that right, but now tell me, who has more playoff wins? Actually, who has ANY playoff wins? If I'm not mistaken, you guys were swept both times, no? Why did you ignore that fact? I'd rather have one appearance in 5 years, and win four games, and advance to the next round, rather than have two appearances and 0 wins, and swept twice in a row.

Holy **** dude, I jumped out of my seat and had to rewind it a few times. It was nasty

Calm down Ozy, I don't hate the Wizards at all, in fact I'm rooting for you guys in the playoffs.  And I'm not crying about anything, but bringing up championships that happened before you were born or were old enough to actually watch the game live and remember it is silly.  

That would be the equivalent of me boasting about the NFL championships the Redskins won in 1937 and 1942 pre-merger.  Plus you are comparing a franchise with 53 years existence to a 10 year old expansion team.  

The Bobcats haven't won a playoff game.  Point to anywhere in this thread where I have indicated that the Bobcats were even a relevant team, you can't.  They are nothing more right now than a team that is starting to build through the draft and free agency starting with a solid foundation.  And a team, I would like to think is on the upswing of becoming a consistent playoff contender.  

You act as if the Wizards are the Celtics/Lakers of the 80s or the Bulls of the 90s.  When history shows they have not been that relevant themselves since 1988.  It's ok Ozy, they were a force to be reckoned with from 1969-1978, I'll give you that :)

It's all in fun man, quit taking things so serious :)